Looking For a Capable TRT Yoda or Obi-Wan

Hi,

I’m 58-years, been training for over 25-years, stationed abroad–which is why I need to reach out to experts outside of the country I’m currently stationed–(originally from USA) and discovering new lows in energy, loss of lean tissue, lack of morning “thumbs-up” and low libido. I train 4+ times per week, have my nutrition in-check (except when applying my goals towards online training challenges when I go IF).

Can someone help? I’ve all my recent lab (blood) panels and other details I can share, in-private.

Thanks

Post labs here by typing in manually with units and ranges or black out identifying information like name etc.

Hi Hostile, I’ve had the personal details removed. I attach here. Thank you for taking the time to review.

SHBG is high, any medications? (Or other liver damage, drinking, drugs) SHBG binds to testosterone and the higher it is, the less free testosterone you have.

Hi Alpha, I’ve no liver damage, drink wine 2-3 glasses per week (with meals), no meds or drugs. Wow, didn’t realize. Be good to see the Endo this coming Monday…

Alpha, what are the symptoms of high SHBG?

it chokes off your free test. So, low testosterone symptoms.

1 Like

Thanks Alpha.

1 Like

IGF-1 is not very good, your ranges have been age adjusted. See what GH costs there.

SHBG can be up from lower T and higher estrogens. Your E2–>zero and you need to fix that as advised by other communications. Some liver specific screening is a good idea, all the more in tropical countries.

Should also test CBC and hematocrit.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

KS, thank you. I’ve just returned from my endo. She is aware of the cycle I started (and stopped last week, after only 3-weeks of Testo and Armidex). She said I needed to stop everything and retest in 2-weeks. From there she will be able to advise accordingly.

To be honest, KS, all of this is a bit scary. Never faced this before. Low levels and unusual age-adjusted values. Mortality is shining and smacking me in the face like a 'mofo.

Thank you soooooo much for your guidance. Seriously thank you. I’ll dive into those links you mentioned.

Ksman, I’ve found a price for HGH, here. The price is quite different from the direct physician-selling price. shall I post what I found, here or is it NOT appropriate?

…also just read through your library of stickies. Dude, if you opened a life-extension clinic I’d pack my bags and rent an apartment next door…damned enlightened and educated excellence, KS…

Do not discuss sources. Prices would be of interest.

If you get good IGF-1 lab results, you know its good. Do not ever test GH itself.

Iodine: Are you eating seafood, fish and/or seaweed?

I got them locally.

HGH US$367, 14 iu/vial, 10 vials (Keifei)
Test-E US$102, 250mg/ml, 10ml (Keifei)
Clomid US$95, 50mg/tab, 50 tabs (Keifei)

I do not eat seafood nor fish. Mostly Whey isolate powders and plant foods. But, my diet was for crap so, it really doesn’t apply. Thus, the fasting. Cleaning things up and starting again, properly. I got on a crazy kick for a while there. I’ve always been quite toned and between 11-13% bodyfat, forever. But, being a test rat for the many diet fads, for my clients, I think I screwed things up…but, that’s an entirely different story.

Hi KSman, I finally received my latest tests. I’m following up with the previous info provided here on the thread. I’d appreciate any-member ringing in on my results and how I might proceed. I was told I had to reduce my SHBG in order to allow my testosterone to release (become unbounded) and circulate. My endo said when I reduce fat that will move things along. I’m currently at a impedance scale percentage of 12-13% bodyfat, at 167 pounds, at 5’7". As mentioned, I’m looking to increase my strength and bring back my libido and energy. A little size increase would be totally awesome too. Attachments included

Meats are a good source of B vitamins. You are probably B vitamin deficient with diet as described. I also do not see essential fatty acids.

Clomid brand name might be $$$. Generics available?

With cost of hGH, you need to see good IGF-1 numbers to confirm product is real. There is a lot of fake hGH produced.

Thanks KSman. I’m back on animal protein (beef included). I’ll start taking fish-oil again too. I need to move away from the McDougall/Esselstyn and stay away from the plant-pondents. Yep, I’ll stay clear of the HGH. This is super helpful. Gosh, what I didn’t know. You’re a lifesaver…literally.