T Nation

Looking Better w/o Compromising Performance

Hey guys,

I am off to Hawaii in about a week and I wanted to look a bit more lean and defined. I am a strength athlete, training full body along with conditioning. I am 5'11" 185 lbs I don't know my exact BF % But i have a 4 pack if that makes sense, so not completely ripped visible abs and decent vascularity in forearms, bis, delts.

Now I am not by any means a bodybuilder, I just want to look good with what I have, are there any minor tweaks I can make, with out drastically loosing performance? My diet is good, I usually have a re feed day on Sunday (waffles this morning)

Thanks

Performance in what?

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Performance in what?[/quote]

Strength

[quote]Canuck88 wrote:

Strength[/quote]

Strength for what?

Rugby, powerlifting, strongman, Judo, polo, SCUBA, etc?

[quote]Canuck88 wrote:

Strength[/quote]

Strength for what?

Rugby, powerlifting, strongman, Judo, polo, SCUBA, etc?[/quote]

power lifting

[quote]Canuck88 wrote:

Strength[/quote]

Strength for what?

Rugby, powerlifting, strongman, Judo, polo, SCUBA, etc?[/quote]

Power lifting not for competitively, I just really enjoy it.

How much different do you think you can look in a week?

How much performance do you think you can gain or lose in a week?

Concentrating on getting a tan this week will probably have the biggest visual impact.

To be honest mate you have left it a bit late to make any differences really

Dude you’re going in 1 week. There’s very little you can do to drastically change your appearance or hurt your performance

weirdest thread i’ve seen in awhile…

[quote]FlatsFarmer wrote:
How much different do you think you can look in a week?

How much performance do you think you can gain or lose in a week?

Concentrating on getting a tan this week will probably have the biggest visual impact.[/quote]

Do you think maybe getting a base tan could help? Im not looking to completely change my body composition

Base Tan!

Canuck? Are you from way up north? Like deep in the Northwest Territories? You’d better get a base tan for safety. When were you out in the sun last? Hawaii is like, the Tropics!

Also drink a lot this week, so your tolerance is way up for your vacation.

Oh. No bodybuilders tan now.

[quote]FlatsFarmer wrote:
Base Tan!

Canuck? Are you from way up north? Like deep in the Northwest Territories? You’d better get a base tan for safety. When were you out in the sun last? Hawaii is like, the Tropics!

Also drink a lot this week, so your tolerance is way up for your vacation. [/quote]

HA! Yes sir…

Well where I am located it is somewhat sunny, but not anything like what I will be enduring, I’ve been to vegas and western states. So i have an idea of what i am in for…

Hahaha thank you for the advice!

Just do one main lift as normal/heavy and then do butt load of complexes/sprints/prowler for assistance