Look What the Liberal Media Hides

Do you believe this?..it was forwarded it to me.

It was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video of Lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.

There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by a senator; “Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?”

Ollie replied, “Yes, I did, Sir.”

The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, “Isn’t that just a little excessive?”

“No, sir,” continued Ollie.

“No? And why not?” the senator asked.

“Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir.”

“Threatened? By whom?” the senator questioned.

“By a terrorist, sir” Ollie answered.

“Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?”

“His name is Osama bin Laden, sir” Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn’t pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn’t. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?" the senator asked.

“Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of”, Ollie answered.

“And what do you recommend we do about him?” asked the senator.

“Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth.”

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.

By the way, that senator was Al Gore!

Also:

Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called “political prisoners.”

However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands, The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, “insisted” that all prisoners be released.

Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified.
It was censored in the US from all later reports.

OMG, I’ve seen the light, liberals are in league with Osama.

Wait, forwarded emails are the source of all truth, right?

yawn

I’m not really sure where you are going with this but the liberal media (whatever that is) didn’t hide this story from anyone. I’ve heard the stroy numerous times…

[quote]littlericky wrote:

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn’t pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn’t. A couple of people laughed at the attempt.
[/quote]

Lmao! Oh yeah, back then 20 years ago, when people could pronounce the words ‘O’, Sam, Ma, bin and Laden, but if they tried to put those together it was way too much!!

That’s totally made up.

[quote]CaptainLogic wrote:
littlericky wrote:

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn’t pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn’t. A couple of people laughed at the attempt.

Lmao! Oh yeah, back then 20 years ago, when people could pronounce the words ‘O’, Sam, Ma, bin and Laden, but if they tried to put those together it was way too much!!

That’s totally made up.[/quote]

The part about Gore not being able to pronounce Osama’s name may be but the underlying story isn’t. However, I still don’t see the original poster’s point…

(edit: I don’t think North even named Osama as the terrorist that threatened him…I could be wrong though)

I’ve heard this story a few times myself, grow some media literacy my friend.

Here is what North says about the e-mail:

“Shortly after the 9-11 terrorist attacks three years ago, some creative person wrote a very convincing e-mail about my testimony before Congress in 1987, in which the author purported to quote me warning a congressional committee about Osama bin Laden. Not surprisingly, the e-mail was transmitted to readers all over the globe and the compliments are still coming. One minor problem: I never testified about bin Laden.”

[quote]BigPaul wrote:
I’ve heard this story a few times myself, grow some media literacy my friend.[/quote]

I was just asking if anyone heard of this story before…I didn’t say that I believe this story.

I didn’t try to make any points. that was the title of the report that I read.
BTW I just found out this story is totally made up…sorry
check it out

[quote]vroom wrote:
OMG, I’ve seen the light, liberals are in league with Osama.

Wait, forwarded emails are the source of all truth, right?[/quote]

I really don’t think that OBL and the libs are in league, however it’s very interesting to note that his comments and the dem talking points match up pretty well.

Ollie is a good man.

1. It’s not true.

2. I find it funny that we’re not supposed to think he’s crazy for spending $60k on a security system because it was to protect his family from Osama bin Laden. Anyone that spends $60,000 on a home security system to protect them from Osama bin Laden is a fuckin loon.

3. It’s not true.

[quote]Moriarty wrote:
2) I find it funny that we’re not supposed to think he’s crazy for spending $60k on a security system because it was to protect his family from Osama bin Laden. Anyone that spends $60,000 on a home security system to protect them from Osama bin Laden is a fuckin loon.[/quote]

I don’t know if the whole OBL thing is true or not, but what price would you put on your families safety and security?

If I had the funds, and considered my family at risk, I’d pony up. Like I said, I don’t know if the whole OBL thing is true, but it by and of itself does not make him crazy.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Moriarty wrote:
2) I find it funny that we’re not supposed to think he’s crazy for spending $60k on a security system because it was to protect his family from Osama bin Laden. Anyone that spends $60,000 on a home security system to protect them from Osama bin Laden is a fuckin loon.

I don’t know if the whole OBL thing is true or not, but what price would you put on your families safety and security?

If I had the funds, and considered my family at risk, I’d pony up. Like I said, I don’t know if the whole OBL thing is true, but it by and of itself does not make him crazy.[/quote]

Spending $60,000 on security for the soul purpose of keeping Osama out of your house makes sense? Since when have any of these attacks in America been individual residences? The “king” of terrorism would waste the money, manpower and resources to only take out one man and his family? Wouldn’t anyone who was more than insane and stupid simply wait until they left the house? Did he spend just as much to “secure” his kids’ schools, his wife’s job, everyone he works with and everyone who might be around them as they travel to and from work? I mean, I know you have some major addiction for jumping to the side of anything posted by someone who claims they are a “conservative”, but what you just wrote truly made sense to you?

Osama Bin Laden is not going after Joe Schmoe. But if he really wanted to, $60,000 in security would do shit.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Osama Bin Laden is not going after Joe Schmoe. But if he really wanted to, $60,000 in security would do shit.[/quote]

Oliver North wasn’t exactly “Joe Schmoe” in the late 80s.

[quote]littlericky wrote:
I was just asking if anyone heard of this story before…I didn’t say that I believe this story.[/quote]

Then why did you title your post “Look what the liberal media hides?”

The media doesn’t mention a lot of things because they are either politically incorrect or risk alienating the consumer/advertiser dollar. This, however, is not one of those things.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Moriarty wrote:

If I had the funds, and considered my family at risk, I’d pony up. Like I said, I don’t know if the whole OBL thing is true, but it by and of itself does not make him crazy.[/quote]

SALESMAN
Intruders could come down the chimney, through the mail slot, even hidden in your groceries. Did you change the locks when you moved in? I thought not. All the previous owners of this house could still be in here somewhere.

MARGE
What do you recommend?

SALESMAN
Well, a lot of companies would put in a pretty system that looks good, but doesn’t provide any real protection.

HOMER
Oh, let’s get that.

SALESMAN
…But if you want to sleep easy at night, I recommend sealing off every door and window with bullet-proof Lucite.

MARGE
Wouldn’t we all suffocate?

SALESMAN
(laughing) Well, I should hope not.

HOMER
Let’s get that - the suffocation thing.

SALESMAN
And you can have it all for only five hundred dollars.

HOMER
Five hundred dollars? Aw, forget it.

He pushes the salesman to the door.

SALESMAN
But surely, you can’t put a price on your family’s lives?

HOMER
I wouldn’t have thought so either, but here we are.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
Moriarty wrote:
2) I find it funny that we’re not supposed to think he’s crazy for spending $60k on a security system because it was to protect his family from Osama bin Laden. Anyone that spends $60,000 on a home security system to protect them from Osama bin Laden is a fuckin loon.

If I had the funds, and considered my family at risk, I’d pony up. Like I said, I don’t know if the whole OBL thing is true, but it by and of itself does not make him crazy.

Spending $60,000 on security for the soul purpose of keeping Osama out of your house makes sense? Since when have any of these attacks in America been individual residences? The “king” of terrorism would waste the money, manpower and resources to only take out one man and his family? Wouldn’t anyone who was more than insane and stupid simply wait until they left the house? Did he spend just as much to “secure” his kids’ schools, his wife’s job, everyone he works with and everyone who might be around them as they travel to and from work? [/quote]

Good morning Prof.

First, I already stated that I don’t know if the whole OBL thing was true or not and I wasn’t specifically refering to OBL. Second, if for ANY reason (and I’m not talking about OBL here) I held the perception (there’s that word again prof) that my family was at risk or at harm, I would probably pony up. A high profile politician that was serving in the Reagan administration was probably at risk for quite a bit more than you or I.

Now I will say that worrying about OBL without substantial proof is a bit crazy if it is true. Sorta reminds me of Ross Perot claiming that the government wanted to kill him and his family.

All I am saying is that if I had the means to comfortably drop that kind of cash on home security, and I felt there was a need or a justification, I would spend it. Ollie’s financial situation and mine are quite a bit different I would assume. Does that make me crazy? I don’t think so.

I’m saying that there is no price cieling on my son and wife’s safety. Again, IF I had the extra cash, and IF I really thought my family was at risk for whatever reason, I would probably pony up. Doesn’t make me crazy.

[quote]
I mean, I know you have some major addiction for jumping to the side of anything posted by someone who claims they are a “conservative”,[/quote]

What the fuck was that all about?

[quote]
but what you just wrote truly made sense to you?[/quote]

See above

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
All I am saying is that if I had the means to comfortably drop that kind of cash on home security, and I felt there was a need or a justification, I would spend it. Ollie’s financial situation and mine are quite a bit different I would assume. Does that make me crazy? I don’t think so.[/quote]

But this wasn’t about simple “home security”. This was about the direct relation to Osama as if “conservatives” were bolting down latches and locking doors because they knew 10 years in advance that Osama was on the loose and heading straight for the Twin Towers and “those loony liberals” were just kicking their feet up and saying, “aw hush, what is this ‘terrorism’ you speak of”. It is basic bullshit with an obvious agenda, but hey, you apparently are blind to this because of the source.

Exactly what I said. I didn’t sttttudddder. How could I miss the pom poms in your posts? While nowhere near as HUGE as JeffR’s, they are growing quite an ass on 'em. I simply wonder where the skepticism is concerning those you seem to trust so much. On one hand, you say you don’t agree with everything they do, but then you back this up by NEVER presenting any of these issues that you supposedly don’t agree with into the public forum.

I hate these bogus things that go around the internet.