Look Like A Bodybuilder Perform Like An Athlete

I’m not CT obviously but maybe my two cents will help you anyway :smiley:

I’d say first Zone 2 and first Zone 1 day, because both are followed by another Zone 2/ Zone 1 day. I think you should try to avoid doing them prior to a Zone 3 workout.
I was trying to implement Zercher carries even more frequently but noticed some performance issues especially on the heavier days.
I don’t use Plazma or any other performance enhancing stuff other than a spot-on diet and whey/Malto, BCAA tho. so u probably could get away with more when using some of the stuff CT is recommending.

good article. I have 2 questions for an intermediate as myself who loves high frequency training and want to look big and mean more than looking like an fitness model. would you recommend
1)this routine? or.
2) indigo project routine?

A second question is. i read a TIps from you that you said start workouts with pull ups. Is that something i can do here? because i want to be good at doing pullups with different grips.

Thanks for all the information you put out there for us.

Just a question for all of you on here: how do you go about learning such moves as the muscle snatch and high pull. They look like technical lifts. How long does it take one to master such lifts?

And also if one can not perform the deadlift due to previous injuries, is there anything that can substitute the deadlift?
tweet

Some incoming results from first cycle.
Did test SGHP today and had an increase of +55lbs in the SGHP (With 2 reps at +65lbs). I had a break from the SGHP for quite some time, so improvement in technique came back quick, but it puts me back close to my PR from a couple of years ago.

OHP increased by 10lbs.

Testing Push Press tomorrow.

It takes a lifetime to master them. But you can pretty quickly get them down to be more than good enough. You will always need to work on technique, also because whenever you take a break from the lifts, you lose some technique efficiency very quickly.

Best option would be to go to a local weightlifting club, or somewhere where there are good coaches teaching the lifts. Can vary where that is. All depends on the people there.

Next best would be videoing and online coaching from a competent coach. That requires a lot more work than face to face though.

Third would be to video yourself doing all lifts and get feedback from online forums. There are a lot of passionate and very skilled people giving advise for free. Here being one of the places.

Fourth would be to video yourself, and analyse your technique - and that requires a lot of work too. But it gives you a deeper understanding of the how’s and why’s.

If you can’t do face to face coaching, then I suggest you video yourself, and try to analyse all your lifts yourself, write it down, then go get feedback on the same videos - so you see if you can self-correct. And then follow their advise accordingly. You can then learn how your thinking and analysis needs to change. Does that make sense?

What kind of injuries? It’s a snatch grip deadlift by the way.

Coach what program would be best for leaning up while having an increase in performance?

Athlete lean athlete strong or this one?

How would you go if one of your clients could go twice a day training? Simply split the volume in half? Doing some activation work the morning?
( if goal was particularly strength )

Coach, I’ve been following your work since Accentuated Eccentric Training, and I just want to thank you for your amazing contribution to the industry. I have finished two cycles of ‘Look Like a Bodybuilder’ with amazing results and would like to know if a 3rd cycle can be as productive or should adjustments be made for continued gains. Also, can the same template be used for fat loss with adjustments in diet, or would the adjustment in diet (low carbs) be counterproductive for performance?

It’s likely not the program I would use then. You can’t take a program designed to be done once a day and turn it into a twice a day program. The fact that you can afford to go to the gym twice doesn’t change your physiology and nervous system. So you can’t simply take a program and add to it.

And while in many cases just splitting the volume in two is a good way to do it, this program is not high enough in volume/intensity foer itr to work, I’m afraid that each mini-session would not be of a high enough demand to lead to a maximum adfaptation

It is the type of program that can easily be done for 3, 4 or 5 cycles. You might not continue progressing at the same rate forever, but changing program would likely only give you the illusion of progress (changing lifts, having mostly neural adaptations at first by becoming more efficient in the new lifts) but would not really lead to more true muscle strength and mass gains.\

As for the fat loss question; understand that there is not a single program on which you will progress as much while on a fat loss phase, none. By that I mean that when you are reducing caloric intake in hope to lose fat you will necessarily gain less muscle and strength then if you were consuming a strength surplus.

This program is a good one to use during a fat loss phase since it is not super high stress. But just like any other program, you wont progress as much from it when you cut down nutrients intake.

Since athlete lean athlete strong is designed to lose fat, it would be the best choice.

Actually it’s was what i was afraid for…
Could you guide me on how to make it? Simply adding some volume? ( i’m in the norwegian phase of your article)

Results…I had to drop to a week off and tested week on 4 and I did no other exercises…skip sunday
strict press: 155 start…170 retest
push press: 185 start 200…lack mobility…can not rack bar on shoulders…should be much stronger
bench…290…305
lower body…coming off sports herna…so start numbers lower than normal
sq 300…335
snatch deadlift…300…335
did not retest high pull…185 …
What I learned is how important bar speed really is when you focus on it…2nd how often you really can train when not training on the nerve…i felt fresh and mentally easy to train everyday…thanks for the great program

Thanks for your response, sir. I was skeptical at first of the non planned days off, but after training everyday for 9 weeks, I’m still mentally focused and looking forward to another day of training.

Coach, thank you for your input on my last post. Another question, how many days would you recommend, in regards to implementing Sled Work? Currently, i am using a modified training split, based on the earlier HP Mass principles e.g.

Mon - Lower Performance (Quad Emphasis)
Tue - Upper Performance
Wed - NC + Upper Foundation
Thu - Lower Performance (Hip Emphasis)
Fri - Upper Performance
Sat - NC + Upper Assistance

I was thinking of using slower contraction Sled movements on Mon and Thu, and on Sat, implementing Sled sprints in the NC workout. Would this plan be feasible?

Hey Thib, firstly thanks for the great information.

Previously I think its been mentioned that beginners and those not so advanced may do better using 5 reps over 3, is it possible to alter this program to fit with 5 reps or should I just do another program?

Thanks.

As long as the intensity and volume are adequate, frequent training will only serve to improve your body’s capacity to recover from training stress.

You are right on both accounts. A lot of people overdose their training and are forced to take days off to be able to handle their training.

What do you mean by that? What article are you referring oto?

I’m referring to the “4 paths to strength” article!