Look at This: Matt K. Training

Matt K training; notice the explosive reps. Explosion or trying to accelerate as much as possible leads to max force production and growth stimulation.

It’s like lifting on cocaine.

I’m so trying that tomorrow

DAMN!!!

the deadlift drop sound at the end scarred me… pretty k0ol stuff.

[quote]Efuchs7 wrote:
the deadlift drop sound at the end scarred me… pretty k0ol stuff. [/quote]

haha x2

Using that video speed, makes it look like Charlie Chaplin movies. haha

Nooo but you have to do it slowly, if you do it like that your body will have no shape.

BYAAAAHHHHHH

youtube comment:
“strongest pharmacist I’ve ever seen!” lmao

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
BYAAAAHHHHHH

youtube comment:
“strongest pharmacist I’ve ever seen!” lmao[/quote]

That’s because Kroc is a pharmacist by trade.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
trav123456 wrote:
BYAAAAHHHHHH

youtube comment:

That’s because Kroc is a pharmacist by trade.[/quote]

I know. oh I see what you thought I thought. I just thought it was a funny thing to say and not in any way related to AAS use. It’s like if some said “strongest nurse I’ve ever seen!” or something. idk I’ll shut up now.

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
trav123456 wrote:
BYAAAAHHHHHH

youtube comment:

I know. oh I see what you thought I thought. I just thought it was a funny thing to say and not in any way related to AAS use. It’s like if some said “strongest nurse I’ve ever seen!” or something. idk I’ll shut up now.[/quote]

He works with MODOK who frequents this board.

2 huge mofo’s in the same place ;d

[quote]300andabove wrote:
trav123456 wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
trav123456 wrote:
BYAAAAHHHHHH

youtube comment:

I know. oh I see what you thought I thought. I just thought it was a funny thing to say and not in any way related to AAS use. It’s like if some said “strongest nurse I’ve ever seen!” or something. idk I’ll shut up now.

He works with MODOK who frequents this board.

2 huge mofo’s in the same place ;d[/quote]

I knew MODOK was a pharmacist but I didn’t know that they worked together, that’s cool.

CT,

So would you recommend this rep “style” over a more controlled negative and explosive positive?

I have found that I experience more muscle activation, when controlling the negative MORE and exploding on the positive.

Thanks,
GJ

But those explosive reps are probably done in 8-20 rep sets. Most powerlifters rarely go less than 8 on assistance and often use at least several straight sets.

I think maybe the 2 of ye have missed the point of this post/video…

Or my sarcasm detector hasn’t kicked in o.0

Coach,

Because of this thread’s topic, I just have to ask that what is your opinion on kroc rows for strengthening upper back? They’re performed very explosively, but are also done for very high reps. Many of the guys at EFS seem to love kroc rows these days.

[quote]Thy. wrote:
But those explosive reps are probably done in 8-20 rep sets. Most powerlifters rarely go less than 8 on assistance and often use at least several straight sets.[/quote]

…No

Look at Matt K’s training log.

He used straight sets for … 2-3 weeks and said he wasn’t benefitting much from it.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
Thy. wrote:
But those explosive reps are probably done in 8-20 rep sets. Most powerlifters rarely go less than 8 on assistance and often use at least several straight sets.

…No

Look at Matt K’s training log.

He used straight sets for … 2-3 weeks and said he wasn’t benefitting much from it.[/quote]

I just did, thanks for pointing out. The most recent stuff has a lot of very high 15-30 reps. Even powerlifts have some kind of drop sets like “135x6,225x4,315x3,420x3,315x15,225x25,135x40”

And there’re weighted chins for typical 4-5x10 straight sets.

BTW, most powerlifters that ramp typically start the “feel sets” with higher reps and go down as they approach the working weight. A classical Eastern European (don’t know about USA) warm-up/feel sets starts from 8-10 reps and some even start from 15 reps. Probably to warm up the joints. Interesting that Thib recommends only 1 rep for feel sets.

This video is played at a faster pace than normal, it is edited to be sped up… Look at the second hands on the clock at the start of the video… He lifts explosively but it is exagerated through the editing… c’mon now.

[quote]LilDaDDyDreW wrote:
This video is played at a faster pace than normal, it is edited to be sped up… Look at the second hands on the clock at the start of the video… He lifts explosively but it is exagerated through the editing… c’mon now.[/quote]

Please stop injecting logic into threads. lol

I wonder how many people saw this and hit the gym the next day and were doing reps like they were having a seizure. haha