Look at the Routine I'm Thinking About

routine now:
chest/tri
back/bi
shoulders
legs
off
repeat

routine thinking about. scaling everything back down to once a week frequency except for chest and bumping it up to 3x week frequency.

SATURDAY
back/chest

Flat bb bench press (3 working sets)
1 verticle pull (3 working sets)
2 horizontal pulls (3 working sets each)
reverse pec deck

SUNDAY
OFF

MONDAY

Shoulders/chest
everything 3 working sets
incline barbell
bar bell shrugs
db shrugs
db lateral raises
db front raise
machine lateral raises

Tuesday

LEGS
squat 5x5
deadlift 5x5
leg press 3x10
calf raises 6x?

Wednesday

chest/bi/tri
3 working sets for everything
weighted dips (for chest)
3 tricep movements (1 lying, 1 over head, 1 standing cable)
4 bicep movements (1 BB, 1 hammer, 1 db, 1 light concentration)

THURSDAY
OFF

FRIDAY
OFF

A lot of people are like WTF DUDE why are you doing chest 3 times a week.
because my chest is growing fine, but my chest strength/genetics just suck and working it 3 times a week is something i’ve never done.

i know i just started dieting and it’s probably not the best time to try something new but what do you guys think?

edit: 1 more thing, im in the army i dont like to work out on the same days every week, why i like push/pull/legs and similar routines. but being in the army and having to get back into pt im trying to schedule my workout days around army workouts (pushups tuedays and thursdays) so this kinda forces me to start making everything on the same days every week anyways.
GETTING OUT IN 8 MONTHS WOOOOOO

Dude, you’re bigger and look better than most people on here! Why would you need an opinion of your routine?
We’d all probably be interested to see how it works out for YOU.

I agree with ID and most that critique this will be half your size.

you putting saturday first threw me off haha… they’ve got a point, you’re gigantic. Have you considered possible back/chest 2x a week, and make on of those chest days devoted to shoulders/tri’s/bi’s? I am smaller than you, by a long shot, but i always have issues doing arms/shoulders on the chest/back days, feel like i never hit them as hard as i can cuz I’m worn out.

I think you should train your back as often you do your chest, just a personal philosophy.

I don’t care.

I don’t care about anything

Why even bother anymore

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
I don’t care.

Why even bother anymore[/quote]

Hang on, Rock. It’s Friday!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I don’t care.

[/quote]

Its all one continuos stream of nothing. Its been that way forever. There’s no point in pretending it’ll change.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I don’t care.

[/quote]

Its all one continuos stream of nothing. Its been that way forever. There’s no point in pretending it’ll change.

[/quote]

I don’t like seeing the Dark Lord down like a skinny white emo.

:frowning:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I don’t care.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do not worry, you wont see us much longer.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I don’t care.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do not worry, you wont see us much longer.[/quote]

You stop it right MEOW!

Do not make me drown you in rum again.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I don’t care.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do not worry, you wont see us much longer.[/quote]

woah time out,

Ct. rock

who’s that chick in your display pic?

i would add more back work at fear of fucking up the balance in my shoulders with that much pressing but youre fucking huge so you can do whatever the fuck you want!

also out of curiousity have you tried doing shrugs after laterals? IF so why do you like them before?

with the exception of doing bis when you do tris and vice versa, i do that same split

i like it

if your chest is growing fine though as you say…

if it ain’t broke don’t fix it?

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

if it ain’t broke don’t fix it?[/quote]

i’m just trying to figure out how to make it stronger and i want more off days. i feel like im beginning to run into a wall and i’d rather not deload if i can avoid it.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

i’m just trying to figure out how to make it stronger and i want more off days. i feel like im beginning to run into a wall and i’d rather not deload if i can avoid it.[/quote]

well… why not:

day 1 strength, low reps
day 2 mass, higher reps on machines
day 3 dynamic recovery stuffs (whatever that is)

?

Tuesday looks a very hard day, and as part of a 3days continuous block - I’d try and take the next day off and move everything back a day after this if possible?

Maybe do the cables first for triceps before extensions, look after the elbows man!

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

i’m just trying to figure out how to make it stronger and i want more off days. i feel like im beginning to run into a wall and i’d rather not deload if i can avoid it.[/quote]

well… why not:

day 1 strength, low reps
day 2 mass, higher reps on machines
day 3 dynamic recovery stuffs (whatever that is)

?[/quote]

i like where your head is at, maybe i could incorporate some hs machines on one of those days.
and yeah, wth is dynamic recovery. stretching and pushups?
on my last day i wanna go semi hard just because i have a solid two days off know what i mean?

[quote]plateau wrote:
Tuesday looks a very hard day, and as part of a 3days continuous block - I’d try and take the next day off and move everything back a day after this if possible?

Maybe do the cables first for triceps before extensions, look after the elbows man![/quote]

yeah im doing my pjr pullovers on a decline and doing every rep dead stop off the floor. It’s a lot less stressfull on the elbows maybe ill hit a warm up set on the cables first i dunno

[quote]bignate wrote:
i would add more back work at fear of fucking up the balance in my shoulders with that much pressing but youre fucking huge so you can do whatever the fuck you want!

also out of curiousity have you tried doing shrugs after laterals? IF so why do you like them before?[/quote]

i do shrugs first because i use to prioritize laterals in doing this i started to look really wide because my traps looked flat. now i just knock out my shrugs in the beginning because they are the heaviest thing i do in the workout and i want them to be huge :smiley: