Lonnie123 Metcon For Muscle Log

That’s EXACTLY how it should feel. Great description!

2 Likes

New block started,

The new push workout was a welcomed change, the multi-ROM DB press certainly has a way of making a weight you can normally handle easy feel hard by the time you get to the full ROM reps

I also really enjoyed not having to bear crawl haha, for some reason those are just extra miserable for me… however the push-ups are the burpees were insanely hard towards the end of the minute

Leg workout:

Again another good change of pace, haven’t done heavyish lunges in a while, and the hardest part was the balancing. I almost tipped over twice!

Again the Multi-ROM goblet squats were humbling as the weight and the burn is quite dramatic towards rep of the full rom portion

2 Likes

Weighed in today at 188, down 3 lbs and down a full inch on my waist. I waited until today to post that because at the 3 week mark everything was the same, and then apparently something happened between Sunday and today culminated in all that loss.

Im not even changing my diet all that much, if anything the 3 scoops of Surge 4 days a week is keeping them up.

I remember Dave Tate writing about the concept of “the egg” when it comes to body building… In that outwardly sometimes it looks like nothing is happening, but on the inside things are and you just have to keep waiting a bit for things to “crack open” and maybe thats what happened this week?

2 Likes

I noticed that too. After a good workout you should pretty much always build some muscle. But sometimes that amount is so small that it really takes a while to notice it.

When fat loss is concerned it’s even more flagrant as you can go from 20% body fat down to 13% and not look better… then all of a sudden you drop to 10-11% and you look like a different person.

2 Likes

Did the new Manual Labor workout and tried to match my boy @dave_g at 16, but “only” got to 12, which as 2 more than last time so I’ll take it

Booooy was I sweating by the end haha. I think I drank 1,800ML of surge and sweated 2,000. I workout in the garage in socal so it was hot and all the movement means not a lot of time spent in front of the fan unit

Let’s see if I can get to 13 next week before I consider adding weight

2 Likes

16 really is “Crossfit-like” pace!

Sorry for lack of updates, a virus swept through my house and I’ve been either too fatigued or too sick to train productively, so my more recent workouts have been delayed.

@Christian_Thibaudeau , are the ingredients in Surge Workout Fuel worthwhile to consume on these off days when I’m sick? Seems like maybe it would help my muscles soak in some good stuff to recover

@Lonnie123 - how is it going? Are you back in business yet after the virus or is it still an issue?

Thanks for checking in, Yeah I did the back workout yesterday and seem mostly back to normal. The fatigue and muscle aches lifted pretty quickly once I got the other side of the illness it seemed. Coughing a little throughout the day but all the aches and fatigue is gone

1 Like

First 2 post-illness workouts in the books

I must have been well rested because I upped the weight a tiny bit on 2 of the manual labor exercises (high pull +20lbs, bicep walk +10lbs) and got another round, bringing me to 13. Not sure if there’s a lot of room for me to squeak in another round there without sacrificing form

Shoulder workout: the 2 min overhead walk with 20 lbs was starting to feel was a tad too light, but the subsequent 1 min rounds at the end of the giant sets were very tough. The side lateral multi ROM really fatigues the shoulders heading into that movement.

Overall feeling back to normal and glad to be back training

Last workout in the books for the program. Managed to squeeze one more round into the manual labor day, bringing it to 13 total which is probably the top. I only took one small break to chug some Surge so I could eliminate the downtime as much as possible.

I’ll probably modify the program slightly and do another 3 weeks, the same way phase 2 was slightly modified from phase one. I dont see any of the other surge programs I could do effectively with the equipment I have

Actually new plan is to continue on with the new Basi6 plan they just released, that should do well for the next 6 weeks

Day 1 of Basi6 in the books. Literally different feel with all the rest programmed in, almost forgot what that was like haha.

I didn’t quite nail the weights on first try so I upped the weight a few pounds on some of the exercises as I went along, nothing too drastic but I was trying to get a feel for where to keep them next week

1 Like

Week 1 of Basi6 in the books. It doesn’t have nearly the “metcon” element but that is to be expected.

I do like the full body aspect of most days, as that jives much better with my current lifestyle than a body part split routine. Will continue on and update as we go

Heading into week 3 of the BASI6 plan, the 2 “easier” days in the middle had me thinking this plan was too easy but man the 5x5 on the main first day is hard work

1 Like