Longtime Members... Gone

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
TC wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
Guys. SH! They are listening…

Thought the Dave Tate stuff sounds cool.

In the end, this is still a company driven by the almighty dollar even if they are less corrupt than most of the industry.

“Less corrupt.”

High praise indeed!

Sorry TC?..but at times it seems any criticism at all…even the non virulent and well spoken stuff. Get’s you banned or on the watch list. [/quote]

Oh I understand.

There’s been a lot inconsistency, but believe me, it was largely because of the one aforementioned mod.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
TC wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:

In the end, this is still a company driven by the almighty dollar even if they are less corrupt than most of the industry.

“Less corrupt.”

High praise indeed!

Well, you guys are no M-tech or BSN.

I just wanted to point out to everyone my post was edited for use of the “M” word. That’s worth a chuckle in this thread.[/quote]

That’s because of a legal agreement, guy.

A certain company starts legal proceedings every time we mention them.

They have no legal leg to stand on, but it’s a pain the butt (and in the wallet).

TC,

Holy crap! you guys get sued for things members of a discussion board say?! NO way! Am I misunderstanding you?

Sounds like your competitors are just jealous of this sites successful business model and just want you out of business.

Ah, legalized protectionism is grand!!

[quote]TC wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
TC wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:

“Less corrupt.”

High praise indeed!

I just wanted to point out to everyone my post was edited for use of the “M” word. That’s worth a chuckle in this thread.

They have no legal leg to stand on, but it’s a pain the butt (and in the wallet).

[/quote]

Yea I had a mod explain that to me once…kinda silly.

I think everybody appreciates you coming on and explaining the situation TC.

I guess the bigger you grow, the harder it is to maintain the original feel…No matter how much you miss it, you really cannot go home again.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
TC,

Holy crap! you guys get sued for things members of a discussion board say?! NO way! Am I misunderstanding you?

Sounds like your competitors are just jealous of this sites successful business model and just want you out of business.

Ah, legalized protectionism is grand!![/quote]

Not surprising in the least. Over on a gun forum I frequent, a prominent suppressor company is currently suing a forum member over comments about their products. Two other companies are in a separate legal battle over whether #17 (yes a number) can be copyrighted.

Internet- Serious Business

So this is why my post asking other peoples’ opinion on a certain type of whey got deleted (Not the M brand).

Hey Also Vegitas thread Ass worship was deleted!!! The sacralige! I remember something about it being too big and slowing the servers dow. Well, Why not just get better servers. Sheesh, you would think some things are sacred. I mean hell you could have done away with some of the less important areas of the site, like articles or the BB forum or whatever. I mean where is the priorities around here.

P.S. I didn’t leave over it, only because no one else would take me in.

V

What about when Alan Aragons nutrition advice was censored in the nutrition forum? He even has an article on here.

That one seemed a little odd.

[quote]TC wrote:
Oh man!

What are you guys doing going through my dirty laundry again?

Without getting into the sordid details, we had ONE mod that seemed, by her actions, to be related to Carrie Nation. (You historian types will know what I’m talking about.)

She deleted posts with a vengeance.

She was let go a couple of weeks ago.

Problem solved.

[/quote]

so who’s the asshole who still mods the shit out of my posts and edits out the words “gay, fag, faggot, cunt”? i bet theyre a gay cunt, this should make things easier, FIRE THEM IMMEDIATELY!

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
TC wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
TC wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:

“Less corrupt.”

High praise indeed!

I just wanted to point out to everyone my post was edited for use of the “M” word. That’s worth a chuckle in this thread.

Yea I had a mod explain that to me once…kinda silly.

I think everybody appreciates you coming on and explaining the situation TC.

I guess the bigger you grow, the harder it is to maintain the original feel…No matter how much you miss it, you really cannot go home again.
[/quote]

Ah man, it’s all good.

Bottom line is, you’re going to get better training articles and better eating articles that are fully supported by all the wunnerful things that make the Internet the Internet.

It may be natural to romanticize your first car, but we all know it’s better to have air conditioning, 12-speaker sound, and a helluva’ lot more horsepower.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
so who’s the asshole who still mods the shit out of my posts and edits out the words “gay, fag, faggot, cunt”? i bet theyre a gay cunt, this should make things easier, FIRE THEM IMMEDIATELY!

[/quote]

Wait…do you mean to say you’d sound like an even greater ignoramus if someone wasn’t helping you not sound so dumb?

I don’t believe it for a minute.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
TC,

Not surprising in the least. Over on a gun forum I frequent, a prominent suppressor company is currently suing a forum member over comments about their products. Two other companies are in a separate legal battle over whether #17 (yes a number) can be copyrighted.

Internet- Serious Business[/quote]
In the case of the forum member getting sued, couldn’t he just play the free speech card? I mean if he cant’ express his own opinion that’s pretty fucked up.

For the record every single time I have ever been moderated I was always given a courteous explanation as to why. And in nearly all the cases it was probably called for.

V

[quote]sen say wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

Wait…do you mean to say you’d sound like an even greater ignoramus if someone wasn’t helping you not sound so dumb?

I don’t believe it for a minute.[/quote]

i dont use it all the time. i try to go about this forum as peacfully as possible, i mean e-beef is so lame. but sometimes people start w/ me first and just say wreckless things so i say something back but a lot of times it never goes through b/c more often than not the entire post is deleted even though the person who initiated used the same vulgarity as i intended, just not as colorfully.

[quote]JLu wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
TC,

In the case of the forum member getting sued, couldn’t he just play the free speech card? I mean if he cant’ express his own opinion that’s pretty fucked up.
[/quote]

Of course you can, ultimately, when it gets to court.

But in the meantime, you have to pay lawyers and file responses and legal briefs and it costs time and money.

Huge hassle.

[quote]JLu wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
TC,

[/quote]

It’s probably a law suit designed to shut you up simply because they have the money to throw at attorneys and they know you don’t. They’re pretty common.

BTW, government is the one that can’t make you shut up. Private individuals can only make you shut up when you’re lying about them. Yes, I am over simplifying.

Ya, I commented a while back on Metabolic Drive Low Carb chocolate tasting a little bit different lately, and my post was deleted right away.

That kinda sucks, because I’ve spent a decent amount of change with Biotest (Usually $100/every 2 months).

I wasn’t saying that the new taste sucks, although I don’t like it as much as the old. But compared to every other protein powder it is still 10x better IMO.

Is this why my post got deleted where I simply expressed hope that the Natural flavor of Grow! Whey hadn’t been changed since adding the two new flavors?

You had people decrying Biotest for raising prices, pissing and whining about how they have to go back to “bulk whey” now, and my post asking a simple damn question about the product itself gets removed. Absurd.

[quote]TC wrote:
JLu wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
TC,

Of course you can, ultimately, when it gets to court.

But in the meantime, you have to pay lawyers and file responses and legal briefs and it costs time and money.

Huge hassle.

[/quote]

I just recently posted that jewish girls are hot…any chance we could end up with a lawsuit on our hands Chief?

If so, I can go back and say that they’re just average looking hoes.

I think it’s this kind of self-moderating that will keep this site grrrrrrrreat !

If your company was Canadian, all your problems would be solved. It’s the unruly yankees that are the crux of the issue, always.