Longtime Member Looking for Help

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
My question is, how do I do it? I feel like I’m starting back at square one and don’t know what to do. Total body work 3 days a week? Upper-Lower splits 4 days a week? I’d stil like to run and bike once or twice a week. With my job, I’m probably limited to 30-40 minute workouts during the week and can go longer on weekends. What about diet? How do I break the bad habits I’ve developed?[/quote]
So what you’re saying is… you’ve got some “‘how to train’ questions”? :wink:
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_boxing_fighting_mma_combat/a_small_request

Really glad to see you back, man. No doubt you’ll get back into the swing of things soon enough. Don’t try to change everything overnight. It took you a while to get out of shape, so you need to start the momentum going again.

Diet-wise, again, small changes that add up over time. If you’ve added some fat, I like this as a solid step-by-step plan to get things in order:

Nothing drastic, not dropping carbs to zero and living off tuna and diet iced tea. Just changing one thing at a time, getting back into consistent training, setting some goals for a few months from now, and simply getting there.

Solid choice, especially if you’ve done it in the past. But if time is really tight and sessions have to be brief, maybe consider Dan John’s One Lift a Day, just to get that momentum of doing “a little” lifting everyday. After a month or so, then move on to something else.[/quote]

Thanks, Chris. Nice to hear from a familiar face. Thanks for the links, too. Always appreciated.

It’s funny because it’s not that I don’t know what to do in terms of lifting, but because I have so much built-up information that I feel overwhelmed with how to get started back again.

The One Lift a Day article is one I need to re-visit, too. I was also thinking of just doing a push-pull-leg 3-day split for a month or so to get into the swing of things. Keep it simple and around 30-40 minutes.