T Nation

Longevity Plus Cardio Periodization

Hi CT!
I wonted to ask you about some input how to schedule periodization for cardio during accumulation, intesification and realization phases.

I do strength training 3 times a week with one heavy day and two moderate ones.
Do to weekly day schedule I cant find more time than 1h daily for training. At morning I need to drive daughter to kindergarten and then go to work which I’m ending around 18:00. After that I want to spend some time with daughter so I start my workouts usually around 20:00 and it last 1h so I don’t have time to do cardio after workout.
This is want I plan to do:

Monday: concentric FBW from 31 athlete
Tuesday: 10 min LIIS then some sprint workout
Wednesday: off
Thursday: Push one upper and one lower with eccentric from 31 athlete workout then the same for isometric from 31 athlete workout
Friday: Pull one upper and one lower with eccentric from 31 athlete workout then the same for isometric from 31 athlete workout
Saturday: All day LISS workout this is a day which I spend with family usually one some outdoor activity (hiking, bike riding etc)
Sunday: off

I really like sprinting only doing LISS is boring for me (I’m 2A type). I wanted to ask you haw can I schedule sprinting accrose this 3 phases how Your athlete are doing this. The issue here is that I need to do it on separate day not after workout.