Long Time Lurker

Thanks for the link I appreciate it.
I’m looking in to the nuss and trying to get it done asap. I had a chance to do it 10 years ago, but some inexperienced doctor scared me away.

My PE sounds a lot like yours. The little bit of carinatum I have is actually the sternum. I think in my case its genetic I have a brother, a cousin, and a grandfather who had it. Are you looking to get it fixed too?

CT scan

Yes, our chests are similar. My Haller Index is probably better than yours because I have a 45 inch chest.

I don’t have any plans to try and fix mine at this point. I think my opportunity for an easy fix expired 25+ years ago.

My father and sister both have the same chest that I do.

Have you looked into bracing? Maybe chat with these guys before you take the plunge into surgery.

[quote]ChrisPBacon wrote:
Yes, our chests are similar. My Haller Index is probably better than yours because I have a 45 inch chest.

I don’t have any plans to try and fix mine at this point. I think my opportunity for an easy fix expired 25+ years ago.

My father and sister both have the same chest that I do.

Have you looked into bracing? Maybe chat with these guys before you take the plunge into surgery.

pectusservices.com[/quote]

Its never too late I’ve heard of people doing it in their 60’s. If you have difficulty running etc, it worth it imo. Its not easy, but there are a few very experienced surgeons who specialize in this.

The doc told me bracing should have been done when I was growing, but my chest is now hardened.

The CT scan was done wrong and my haller index came back normal. I was scheduled for an MRI since I told the doc I’ve had 2 CT’s and lots of X rays and wanted to avoid radiation.
The insurance denied the test and the doctors appeal.

I ordered some 50 mg zinc orionate BTW thanks for telling me about it.

Maybe KSman can chime in on how best to monitor zinc levels.

From what I have read, neither the tally taste test nor the blood test for zinc are very accurate. Seems like monitoring symptoms is about the only way. You do need to watch out for copper deficiency while on high doses of zinc.

Getting your PE/PC fixed might be such a huge boost to your self confidence that your low test problems fix themselves. Self confidence and a nymphomaniac girlfriend will probably do as much for you as TRT.

My PE/PC is really only cosmetic. I spent 10+ years racing bicycles. I have had echos done every 3-5 years for the last 20 years and they have all been fine.

1-8 in favor of zinc

Just the zinc in a good multi vit or a small multiple of that. Zinc can reduce E2 when there has been a deficiency, but otherwise will do little and will in any case not do very much at all in most TRT situations. It does not replace an AI.

Maybe KSman can chime in on how best to monitor zinc levels.

From what I have read, neither the tally taste test nor the blood test for zinc are very accurate. Seems like monitoring symptoms is about the only way. You do need to watch out for copper deficiency while on high doses of zinc.

Getting your PE/PC fixed might be such a huge boost to your self confidence that your low test problems fix themselves. Self confidence and a nymphomaniac girlfriend will probably do as much for you as TRT.

My PE/PC is really only cosmetic. I spent 10+ years racing bicycles. I have had echos done every 3-5 years for the last 20 years and they have all been fine.[/quote]
A nymph, yes!!!

What are you doing about your T levels?

[quote]KSman wrote:
Just the zinc in a good multi vit or a small multiple of that. Zinc can reduce E2 when there has been a deficiency, but otherwise will do little and will in any case not do very much at all in most TRT situations. It does not replace an AI.[/quote]

Ah gotcha.

I figured that’s not going to fix my low FSH and what not, but thought it could give me a slight T boost.

[quote]Ben Dover wrote:

What are you doing about your T levels?[/quote]

My t levels this year ranged from 320 to 380 over 4 tests. I am currently experimenting with zinc and diet changes (to manage my high blood glucose levels and low cholesterol). I will test again in February and if it is still low, find a doc and start TRT.

I tried DAA and blood work showed no change.

I met with an idiot endocrinologist and tested twice for him in the 320s (with very low free t) and he said I was normal. I have some docs lined up that should be more reasonable.

Been quite busy, but here is an update and some questions.

I got an MRI scan which I should know the result of soon.

My BP is elevated, always at about 140/85 and at its lowest 130/80. I’ve been told to restrict salt. Any advice for this? Could the pectus cause high BP?

I’m trying to find research papers on SERM restarts as well as HMG (fertility preservation) from a reliable source to take to the doc, if anyone has any info that would be of great help.

Thanks

[quote]Ben Dover wrote:

What are you doing about your T levels?[/quote]

My t levels this year ranged from 320 to 380 over 4 tests. I am currently experimenting with zinc and diet changes (to manage my high blood glucose levels and low cholesterol). I will test again in February and if it is still low, find a doc and start TRT.

I tried DAA and blood work showed no change.

I met with an idiot endocrinologist and tested twice for him in the 320s (with very low free t) and he said I was normal. I have some docs lined up that should be more reasonable.
[/quote]

Have you started TRT or improved with diet?

[quote]Ben Dover wrote:

Have you started TRT or improved with diet?[/quote]

I have made some diet and supplement changes. I’ll have new labs done in a couple of weeks and start a thread comparing old labs to new and list the changes I made between them. If my numbers didn’t improve I will consider TRT again.

I will say that I am feeling pretty darn good and I awaken about 3 AM every morning with raging wood which the wife wants to have nothing to do with at that hour. :slight_smile:

BP: also improves HDL, might lower homocycteine

• fish oil, nuts, flax seed oil or meal
  • DHEA if DHEA-S is below mid range
  • high potency B-complex multi-vits with trace elements and iodine
  • 50mg ubiquinol form of CoQ10, 100mg if have cough on statin drugs
  • antioxidants C, natural source E
  • TRT helpful
  • estrogen management if needed

Hi there guys!
I had a full thyroid panel since hashi runs in the family with a few extra tests and got some questions.

Vit D 45 ng/ml 32-100

Thyroglobulin quantitative 30.0 ng/ml Adult 0.5 - 55.0 13 - 18 years 9.0 - 27.0
I don’t know much about this seems elevated and if I was 18 would be out of range.

Thyroglobulin AB <20 0-40

TPO AB 10 IU/ML 0-34

TSH 1.34

Free T4 1.42 ng/dl 0.82 - 1.77

Free T3 3.5 pg/ml 2.0 - 4.4

Vitamin B6 >100.0 High ug/l 5.3 - 46.7 Way out of range.

fT3, fT4 look good. Have you checked body temperatures?

[quote]KSman wrote:
fT3, fT4 look good. Have you checked body temperatures?[/quote]

Yup.

They do reach 98.6.

I have been taking the B complex as recommended should I stop or get a less potent one?

I’m not sure about this one since its only 25mg and B’s are water soluble so I doubt its building up. A little confused on this one.

Got my results.

Prolactinoma.

What do you guys suggest?

I have the option for HCG mono or T + HCG does HCG mono also shut down FSH?

If it does would it be better to just be on T + HCG?

Prolactinoma: The treatment for that is 0.5 mg/week Dostinex/cabergoline. Let me know if you cannot afford the Rx. When you get low prolactin levels, LH/FSH and T may increase on their own and dopamine should increase too.

Not sure that I can see the need to jump at TRT now, but a restart would be a good thing to try.

[quote]Ben Dover wrote:
I got an MRI scan which I should know the result of soon.
[/quote]

What made you decide to get the MRI?

[quote]KSman wrote:

Prolactinoma: The treatment for that is 0.5 mg/week Dostinex/cabergoline. Let me know if you cannot afford the Rx. When you get low prolactin levels, LH/FSH and T may increase on their own and dopamine should increase too.

Not sure that I can see the need to jump at TRT now, but a restart would be a good thing to try.

[/quote]

Thanks KS.

I read cabergoline can damage heart valves?

It seems I have mitral valve prolapse thanks to the pectus. I don’t know if I should take it?

I’ve been checking prices including Canadian pharmacies etc.

Seems like its anywhere between 2 to 8 bucks a pill. So yeah I doubt I can afford that. Have MRI deductible as well. If you know a good source please let me know.

Thanks again KS