Long Term T and Pec Tear

Why b12 injections. Any association with t deficiency? Anyone know an online pharmacy with more inexpensive hcg. I can get pcp to write for aromase and t but probably not hcg

Hey Doc.

PM’d you

I didn’t see anything?

The online clinic$ often include things that are not needed, and over do$e as well. If doctors would do what is needed, there would be no need for those parasites.

You should never combine hCG+SERM because this will overload LH receptors. Risk of desensitization. And also high T–>E2 inside the testes which cannot be managed with an AI.

SERMs are not routinely used here with TRT. Sometimes I suggest that a young man worried about fertility could routinely swap Nolvadex for hCG now and then to get some FSH into the game to support sperm production.

There are good reasons why sources should not be posted here.

You will be importing drugs into the USA. You cannot do that for any schedule III drugs, script or not.

Some States criminalize hCG as an anabolic steroid with the same penalties. Federal Government does not treat hCG as schedule III, so you can probably import it, but then your State of residence may make it a criminal act. The fact the product might have been made in the USA is immaterial to the regulations.

"Talk to compounding pharmacies asking about costs of 10,000iu vials of hCG. They deliver by mail. Have the product shipped dry, not reconstituted. Ask for a referral to a doctor who works with T, anastrozole and hCG. hCG from a compounding pharmacy can be a lot more affordable. Do not get Arimidex, get the generics. Many do not get anastrozole as a Rx. "

So you suggest calling a compound pharmacy to find good anti aging doc? I’m not sure the pharmacies can release that. Can they?

Many offer to do referrals. I explain how to find compounding pharmacies in the finding a TRT doc sticky.

Many offer consulting on their websites and health surveys.

This is a great thread for insight into the doctor’s view on offering treatment outside of the dated studies that outline protocols that are ineffective for many.

To the pec tear issue, it could be a technique issue on the bench press. Most people I see at the gym grip wide and leave their elbows flared straight out to the sides, without squeezing their shoulder blades together and arching their back. I would either damage a shoulder (I did when using this technique) or tear a pec trying that.

By squeezing your shoulder blades together and arching your back you have a solid base and reduce the range of motion, limiting the stress you put on your shoulders/pecs. Also, taking a moderate to narrow grip and tucking your elbows when lowering the bar greatly reduces shoulder and pec strain. Try to look up some bench press technique videos here on T Nation and you should get some good examples.

I asked pointed out this:
“Working out daily does not allow for recovery! That may be a significant factor.”

And did not get a response.

[quote]KSman wrote:
I asked pointed out this:
“Working out daily does not allow for recovery! That may be a significant factor.”

And did not get a response.[/quote]

Excellent point. I just got done taking two weeks off due to my tendons and joints feeling sore. It worked wonders for my body. Proper rest is key and overtraining opens the floodgates for injury and destroying your hormones.

Oh I’m sure your right k. I guess I was not giving the body time to recover. Sit at a desk all day then benching and curling etc. and almost every day at that at 46 probably not smart. We sometimes don’t follow our own advice. Heavy weights after 40 is rolling the dice. My thing was just making sure the t by itself wasn’t causing tendon issues. My own stupidity is vast on the topic of pushing myself to hard. To speak to our other friend. Yes. Hard to be a trailblazer. I challenge anyone to risk their career and ability to feed their families to blaze a path and take a chance with the governments view on "controlled " substances. Bottom line. If the Feds want you. Your screwed.

The only schedule III drug at issue here is T and that is been sold on TV like pop-corn. There really is no issue. FDA approved drugs. DEA controls diversion of drugs. All a doctor needs is patient records and lab work supporting a diagnosis, and follow up labs, DRE, PSA, CBC with AST/ALT to cover the standard of care issues.

The dea gives me a liscence to write scripts. Again. It’s not that simple. They have owed down and pressed charges against several anti aging clinics. If they want you YUR screwed

There are clinics that are steroid mills. They got shutdown because they were not playing the game by the rules. DEA is not after doctors who are doing things honestly.

Do high igf numbers have anything to do with testosterone replacement?

IGF-1=249 is a good thing. Many docs prescribing hGH want to see numbers higher than that. My doc wants me at 300, hCG took me from below 100 to low 200’s.

With TRT, if IGF-1 is low, the results can be diminished and a guy on TRT with falling IGF-1 can loose vitality etc.

TRT is good
If IGF-1 is lower, TRT_hGH is better

TRT can promote/restore protein structures that have been degraded during a low T catabolic state. TRT can reverse the damage by creating/restoring a catabolic state. The processes that lay down these new protein structures are responsive to hGH/IFG-1 and higher levels improve speed and result. Ditto for other issues that affect vitality, thyroid, adrenals, CoQ10 etc. All of these things are in the pot. It is all about synergy and the weakest link thinking is also useful.

Off topic:

I met a woman who has familial high cholesterol. They tried all of the different statin drugs, some worked, some did not, all created pain! Docs kept her on the statin drugs and put her on high dose Prednisone type drugs [really stupid].

She lost a lot of collagen and on her feet, she seems to have lost it all. She now had skin on bone there.

Now not taking statin drugs and has structural damage. Statins reduce CoQ10 production [in the liver] which has negative effects on the mitochondria in the cells, which, among other things can create muscle pain. Sometimes predisone+T is used to block some of the very catabolic results.

Coming full circle; it is not surprising to see that Prednisone can induce GH deficiency. Note that the degree of this can be variable and some will see greater problems than others. See: Inhibition by prednisone of growth hormone (GH) response to GH-releasing hormone in normal men - PubMed In any case, she would have been OK on statins+CoQ10. This smells like mal-practice or criminal ignorance.

See:

I have no idea why anyone would put someone on testosterone with a statin. That’s stupid. I guess I have high igf numbers from exercise. I am a fanatic. You certainly do here about a whole lot of strange doc stuff here. Lol

I’m sorry. Prednisone with a statin. Any good doctor stories here? Lol

Because the docs were trying to deal with the muscle pain causes by the statin induced CoQ10 deficiency that they did not know enough to recognize.

Awfully strange because that’s pretty standard to use co10 for statin induced myalgias. Most GP s know this