Long-Term Meal Plan

First off, I am not a bodybuilder and I am not looking to get shredded. I am a powerlifter, but as a police officer I don’t want to be a fat ass and I need to be functional. The following meal plan was designed to get adequate protein, minimal carbs and be easy to work into my hectic schedule (I am a detective working odd hours that seem to change daily and I’m on the SWAT team getting frequent call-outs at unpredictable hours). I have been training on and off since high school but seriously for the past five years. I am 27 years old, 6-01, 255 lbs, and at my best estimate 18%-20% bodyfat. I am using Alpha Male and HOT-ROX. I am in decent shape but am carrying too much bodyfat. My goal is to lose about 15-20 lbs of fat using this meal plan with increased cardio:

Meal 1: Eggs, Cottage Cheese, Oatmeal, V8 Juice

Meal 2: Surge pre and post training.

Meal 3: Steak and vegetables.

Meal 4: Protein drink and fish oil caps.

Meal 5: Chicken and salad.

Meal 6: Protein drink and fish oil caps.

Not perfect, I know, but if I stick to it I should be able to drop some fat mass. I weight train three times a week and do interval runs on my off days. I also walk the dog for thirty minutes every night wearing a 40lbs. weight vest.

Any comments would be appreciated. I feel I’ve got the training aspect of my overall fitness down. The nutrition side has always been hard for me. This is a plan I think I can stick to. I don’t count calories, but each meal I’ve listed above contains at least 50 grams of protein.