Long Term Girlfriend Issues

This is far far worse. You’ll just be punishing yourself and her until someone can’t take it anymore.

Good luck and wish you the best. There’s really nothing you can do for her, anything you say would be for your own conscience.

Sorry, but this is untrue. Some women don’t care when they hurt someone, just as some men don’t care when they hurt someone. Not all people are nice. Not all people are bright. Not all people have allergies. These are not women vs men things.

We had a guy on here at one point who’d grind out “I love you” for the first time in the middle of blow jobs because it would make the girls go crazy. It was a lie. He told that kind of lie for a better bj. I’d like to think that’s one guy and not the whole group, huh?

But at any rate, you should see about dating nicer women.

You’re a feminist, Skyz. You’re talking about choice vs expectation. I agree with you! But women taking a back seat to the man are running it old school, not new.

A clean break. Polite, but quick and to the point. And don’t get her pregnant in the process.

Now you’re just being hurtful. :slight_smile:

I see your point but you are conflating being mean/nice with being honest. It’s not about that. Actually I think a woman that does not hesitate and moves on without hesitation is being nice; she’s being true to what she wants and doesn’t let a guys feelings get in way of her plans. A woman who has other options is not going to stay with a guy because she doesn’t want to hurt his feelings. It’s better for both sides, when it’s over it’s over, no need to navel gaze, just end it.

It really comes down to abundance/scarcity mindset. Women usually have an abundance of men to choose from so they are used to having many options (even if those options are whiny beta males begging for attention). Men who also have an abundance of women don’t tend to drag on relationships too long either if they are not working out.

Sadly many men often come from a scarcity mindset (especially when dating seriously for a while) so when they are looking at the great abyss of single life they become fearful and hesitate to move on. They worry about hurting feelings and being alone. They just don’t realize that if they just lived their life doing what they love and focusing on their goals in life that women will be knocking on their door and suddenly they too will have abundance. Tony Robbins used to cover this in his talks, its interesting stuff. Im sure youtube has something.

Good day all, and good luck again to the OP, you’ll be fine, every day it gets better. Focus on your sport, your fitness goals, and being awesome. If you keep your chin up and eyes open then life will show you amazing things.

1 Like

Hey, if it walks like a duck…

Er, no. The above, while interesting in and of itself, does not match your previous post, which definitely had an identified bad guy:

I don’t necessarily need to win an argument with you, but I would like us all to be intellectually honest. Your second post was more reasonable and contained less vitriol, and I don’t disagree with the first paragraph - it isn’t kinder to string someone along, I agree. But then we get to the PUA standard set of assumptions and I feel as if I could repeat my first post to you word for word.

Yes, people with high sexual market value can shoot for a more desirable partner. Sure. Do they all? I would say no, and would suggest that the entire PUA industry is built upon the assumption that just as men are chumps, women are cold-blooded aspirational machines. So here is where I would repeat: people are people. The guy I mentioned, the “I love you” blow job guy, is without conscience when dating. “Zero fucking remorse,” as you would say. Many women are trading on their looks without a qualm over doing it. But these are, collectively, the people I call “assholes,” and they are not the majority.

You’re mistaken in thinking that women enjoy abundance. Sexual, yes. Even an ugly woman can get laid by a guy who will treat her poorly afterward. That’s not the power you’re talking about. You’re failing to take into account the shy girls, the awkward girls, the ugly girls, the girls from restrictive homes. Similar issues might also be what underlie the fear and hesitation of the men you describe as having worry and remorse and confusion over what to do concerning women. The PUA standard-assumption woman is an 8-10 on a scale of 1-10 and hangs out in bars pretty much every night. And really, what kind of girl is that? One who is on the prowl, I suppose, as are the PUAs she encounters there.

So, in summary, my advice to you is to move away from your cardboard cutout view of women. They are not all the same (“zero fucking remorse”). Many are worried that no one will ever ask them out - girls who, honestly, if they were given style advice and some confidence would do just fine.

Statistically, men have higher tolerance for risk than women, women are better able to identify nonverbal cues, and there are strength differences. There are a few more statistically proven differences (which just generalize, so they’re only true for the people in the majority), but for the most part, people are people. Some lack remorse when making other people sad, others stay in shitty relationships to avoid hurting the other person. You’ve heard of battered women, right? You’ve surely met nice, pretty girls who stay with jerks?

People are people. Some are nice, others are cold-blooded. It’s not a boy/girl thing.

4 Likes