T Nation

Long-Term Effects of IM Injections?

I’m considering starting TRT and have been trying to learn as much as I can. I’ve read IM injections are the most effective delivery mechanism. A 40 year old starting TRT will potentially be subject to thousands of injections over the course of their life. For example, a 40 year old with a life expectancy of 80 years, injecting twice a week, would inject (52 * 2 * 40) 4160 times. I’m concerned about this, but not sure I should be. I would like to hear from folks who have been doing IM injections for many years. What, if any, are the effects?

If you’re concerned then just go subQ. I didn’t notice a difference. At least one other on this board says he feels IM but NOT subQ but I have not heard that before. Generally you get more bang from your buck via subQ too.

2 Likes

Use the scrotul cream or subq: there comes a time one needs it and regardless of these points. I wonder if folks need TRT when they start weighing these options…

Diabetics inject subq multiple times a day. So there should be no issues from the needle or we would know by now. I’m more concerned of long term effects of the oil prep subq. How ever I assume times and technology will change and as this become more mainstream. A Better delivery methods wil be discovered

1 Like

I agree.: there will Be advances.

No negative effects for me, six years on TRT and several years in the 70s and 80s injecting test and others substances.

I inject IM using 29 gauge insulin syringes in shoulders and quads rotating injection sites.

I have no visible scarring whatsoever after 2 years, I’ve been injecting in the same places each time which I should probably stop doing.

From the article:

If you’ve been on TRT for any length of time, it’s likely your glutes are so scarred up from years of intramuscular (IM) injections that they’re starting to resemble a piece of leftover gristle from the Sunday pot roast.

This is my concern, but it sounds like subQ is less invasive and easier long term.

1 Like