Long Slender Look

Hey everyone,

I would like assistance with my question. Contrary to probably 90% of your body types here, I want to get that long, slender, wiry look for myself - similar to the one Brad Pitt had in “Fight Club.” I know many of you lift for size and power but I don’t think that getting bulky is good for me (Im not knocking size at all). What routines can I do and how should I structure my workouts so that I get that long,wiry, slender look without the bulk - basically I am looking for the body appearance of alot of the male models that you see in magazines…ripped and slim. I want my bodyfat to be as low as possible. Should I incorporate Pilates, yoga, etc? How should I structure my food intake? --Calories, consumption, time of consumption, etc. The MORE specific the better. I appreciate all of your help and know that asking in this forum is a great place for answers b/c you guys take this seriously and know the science behind the body. Much appreciated. Please be as specific as possible. Im 5’10, ~155-160 lbs and Id say around 8% bodyfat (just an estimate)…I wanna shed as much bodyfat as possible though.

D

Squats and lots of food. If you see it, eat it.

You do realize that post is 4 years old, right? Not much point flaming someone who’s not on the board anymore, huh?

[quote]dollarmenu wrote:
Squats and lots of food. If you see it, eat it.[/quote]

Gee, only 4.5 years late on that response. You go get 'em, tiger.

[quote]Hambone1818 wrote:
Oh boy, let the slaughter begin…have you ever read anything on this site? This should be good…[/quote]

9/20/02

Yes, let’s look at the date…and why someone would dig this old ass post up for no damn reason.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Hambone1818 wrote:
Oh boy, let the slaughter begin…have you ever read anything on this site? This should be good…

9/20/02

Yes, let’s look at the date…and why someone would dig this old ass post up for no damn reason.[/quote]

Yeah, didn’t catch that the first time…someone went a little nuts with their searching I guess.

Do you think he ever achieved his goal?

only if he did squats and ate a lot…

Like the squat and milk routine?

[quote]dollarmenu wrote:
Squats and lots of food. If you see it, eat it.[/quote]

How did you even find this thread?

[quote]pushharder wrote:
NO responses back in '02. Can you imagine that happening now?[/quote]

Maybe back then people followed the “don’t feed the trolls” advice.

[quote]Modi wrote:
Maybe back then people followed the “don’t feed the trolls” advice.[/quote]

I think the same should be exercised for the bumper of this thread. DONT RESPOND. Its an obvious troll bump.

I dont understand why people kept saying they wanted a body like brad pitt’s It doesn’t really look much different from any other in shape guys body.

What? Dont respond?

[quote]PGA wrote:
DONT RESPOND. [/quote]

Bump.

[quote]Deadend66 wrote:
I dont understand why people kept saying they wanted a body like brad pitt’s It doesn’t really look much different from any other in shape guys body.[/quote]

It looked worse. I think it was supposed to be a once healthy body that was now in rapid decline, just like the movie was about a once healthy society in decline.

My guess is that dollarmenu was searching for either “brad pitt” or “fight club” to find this post. I think that should tell you everything you need to know about him.

[quote]DJ wrote:
Contrary to probably 90% of your body types here, I want to get that long, slender, wiry look for myself - similar to the one Brad Pitt had in “Fight Club.” [/quote]

This is like Internet archeology - what T-Nation used to be made of - 90% of guys who DID NOT want to look like some 150 lb. dude. I would not be surprised if the numbers haven’t flipped, with 90% seeking the look most people could get after 1 year of half-way decent training and low-calorie eating. What goals!