Long, Long Way Left To Go

Hello everyone,

I’ve been dieting down for almost 10 weeks and decided to post some pictures up. I’m 20 years old and was always involved in sports in high school but have taken about the past two years off of working out.

Well I’ve finally started back and am a very long way away from my future goals but I feel that I’m at least on the right track.

Right now I’m trying to decide how much longer to cut. I’m really itching to start back gaining some mass and put some much needed muscle on my frame. But at the same time I’ve never in my life had visible abs and being this close really makes me want to cut down to 6-8% bodyfat just to see them.

Currently I’m eating around 2100-2400 clean calories a day and following a 5x5 workout routine built mainly around bench, deadlifts, and squats.

Any advice, comments, or opinions would be greatly welcomed. But please do take it easy on me. I know I have a very long way to go on this journey but I’m really looking forward to the challenge.

Thanks,

DB

Im starting a cut in like 3 days seeing how much bigger you look after loseing 20lbs helps alot.

I dont have any advice that you dont already know, and Im sure if I do that some one else here could explain and answer your questions better so…

Thanks for posting this.

looks like you’ve made some good progress! Now you just have to keep at it and not give up, especially if you get careless and gain a little. Hang in there!
Paul

Nice change, it’s cool to see how much bigger your chest looks after losing 20 pounds… have you gained a lot of strength, or is that pretty much just from stripping off the fat??

[quote]sean_mur88 wrote:
Nice change, it’s cool to see how much bigger your chest looks after losing 20 pounds… have you gained a lot of strength, or is that pretty much just from stripping off the fat??
[/quote]

I have gained a pretty good amount of strength for such a short period. I’ve went from bench pressing 245 for five reps to 275 for five reps and squats have went from 355 to 405 for 5 reps. I credit this to being extremely strict on my diet and not cheating on it and also keeping all of my workout intensities very high.

[quote]jeromeTERRIBLE wrote:
This strength increase is suprising. I’ve never gone on a serious cutting cycle, so i wouldn’t know, but i’d expect strength levels to fall a bit if you are in caloric deficit (ie. less energy available). I guess you are an exception to the rule.

Speaking of exceptions to the rule…is that a typo or did you really shed all that weight in ONE week in March? That’s pretty rediculous! Please clarify.

Thx.[/quote]

The strength increase is mostly from muscle memory. I’ve taken about the past two years off from lifting and am just now starting back.

No, the results are over a 10 week span from March to May. I don’t think its physically possible to make that large of a change in only a week.

You are a young guy, young chicks really dig the look you got. If you got any game at all you should be able to get lots of pussy. Have a good time. Put on a little more beef and stay lean and it will work for you.

Just out of curiosity, why did you post pictures BEFORE you were done dieting down?

This never ceases to amaze me. “Hey guys, here are some pics. I still have another 15 pounds to lose…” Why not post pictures AFTER you lose the other 15 and are ripped?

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why did you post pictures BEFORE you were done dieting down?

This never ceases to amaze me. “Hey guys, here are some pics. I still have another 15 pounds to lose…” Why not post pictures AFTER you lose the other 15 and are ripped?[/quote]

Bro chill, the pics have helped a load of people already.