Long Head of the Triceps

[quote]Kooopa wrote:

[quote]tolismann wrote:
How about feet-elevated close-grip pushups ?
Do they hit the long head ?[/quote]

every pushing movement hits the long head. christ sake people its the triceps every head is designed to work together.

also “pjr pullovers” are probably the most ridiculous exercise name ever. its the same movement as a lying triceps extension w/ a barbell except w/ a dumbbell.

dont overcomplicate it its not rocket science its the triceps.[/quote]

oh dear, there’s a lot wrong with this.

[quote]Kooopa wrote:
dont overcomplicate it its not rocket science its the triceps.[/quote]
As a lot of good triceps exercises cause elbow pain for a lot of people so it gets pretty complicated to find something that works and is so safe that you can do it consistently.

I like DB kickbacks and low cable kickbacks…supinate while squeezing the contraction at the top of the movement and then supinate and squeeze even more.

[quote]Serge A. Storms wrote:
I like DB kickbacks and low cable kickbacks…supinate while squeezing the contraction at the top of the movement and then supinate and squeeze even more.
[/quote]

kickbacks are cool, but it’s hard to progressin weight and keep good form. I think they are best as a warm up or burn out

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
PJR pullovers, google them and enjoy.[/quote]

those look fucking awesome

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

[quote]Serge A. Storms wrote:
[/quote]

kickbacks are cool, but it’s hard to progressin weight and keep good form. I think they are best as a warm up or burn out[/quote]

Agreed.

I find if you do light weight for 15 reps for 3 sets does the trick in getting a good pump for warm up and a great finisher like you mentioned. I like to do supinated grip for 5, neutral (hammer) grip for 5, and pronated for 5 to make the 15 reps for a set.

Look at ‘Category 4’. Dr. Clay says the long head of his triceps were lagging, and he found a way to remedy it.

Matias, you should read this article as well, seeing as you seem to not really know that you’re talking about.

Ive already read it years ago…
He says HIS long head was lagging, which doesnt mean that everybody its on the same problem.

For me feeling(MMC) and developing(size)the long head its really easy.
As I said, the overhead extensions are the best exercises to hit the long head, cause of the stretched position on the same.

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

those look fucking awesome[/quote]

oh they are, they really are.

They’re the only exercise that ever gives me DOMS in my triceps.

And I know that DOMS isn’t supposed to be an indicator of workout effectiveness, but c’man, we all secretly believe it is.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

those look fucking awesome[/quote]

oh they are, they really are.

They’re the only exercise that ever gives me DOMS in my triceps.

And I know that DOMS isn’t supposed to be an indicator of workout effectiveness, but c’man, we all secretly believe it is.[/quote]
We all secretly believe it is, LOL

[quote]Matias A. wrote:
Ive already read it years ago…
He says HIS long head was lagging, which doesnt mean that everybody its on the same problem.

For me feeling(MMC) and developing(size)the long head its really easy.
As I said, the overhead extensions are the best exercises to hit the long head, cause of the stretched position on the same.
[/quote]

Agreed, not everyone has this problem. But many do when and some of the time this is because they only focus on press. ie a lot of powerlifters. But yes, I’ve also met people that don’t need a lot of isolation work for the long head and still have great development.