Long Hard Road After Severe Operation...

[quote]Jrocco wrote:
leg[/quote]

looking good, I was afraid you were going ot be on eof “those guys” before you posted this picture. Sweet base, nothing left but to get bigger.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
Jrocco wrote:
leg

looking good, I was afraid you were going ot be on eof “those guys” before you posted this picture. Sweet base, nothing left but to get bigger.[/quote]

no way…im here to seriously get advice, share my story, and offer help to others.
I was as good as dead 20 months ago…

Who wants to counsel me on how to be a shredded 190???

You looking good bro! keep lifting heavy and dont be afraid to eat a little more more food + heavier wheigh + inevidable growth

thanks for the support.

im really interested in how people diet up…gain muscle but end up leaner.
check this out:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1627922

Great progress man. Also congrats on the successful recovery. Zephead said it best, nothing left but to get bigger.

ok guys I oficially have less visible abs. I got the linea alba still but no more 6 pack…
I am not sure if I should keep bulking until 190 or 200 to start cutting up. Any advice on this would be appreciated. I am up to about the low 180’s. A bit over 10% bf…This represents about a 40lb wieght gain in about 18 months at maybe a 2 or 3:1 ratio in favor of muscle…

everyone vote in…type the number corresponding to the option…the whatever the most votes show up at I will do, and document.

1-continue mass phase until I reach fat bastard status then quickly diet the fat off alla vdiet or gsd

2-go on a quick mini cut for a few weeks till i get to about 7% or so then continue the mass phase.

3-start a real slow cut now just to see what my physique would look like super defined by the end of september. then resume the mass phase in the fall.

Jrocco, You’ve done good.

Take advantage of your genes. I’m guessing you’re naturally lean. You can probably continue to put on mass without going on an uber-bulk that involves gaining a lot of fat.

You’ve made enough progress to indicate that you know what to eat and how to train. As long as your lifts keep making progress, you’ll usually be able to tell if what you’re gaining is muscle or fat and water.

Yes, 190-200 should be your next stepping stone, and at your height you’ll probably want to gain more after that, but why gain any more fat than you need to if it’s not going to get you to your goal any faster?

i find that when I eat large meals I start sweating. I wonder what that means. Anyways, I have slapped a small layer of chub on. I guess I am not used to seeing it. However my lifts are consistently going up.

so is it 1,2, or 3?

[quote]Jrocco wrote:
i find that when I eat large meals I start sweating. I wonder what that means. Anyways, I have slapped a small layer of chub on. I guess I am not used to seeing it. However my lifts are consistently going up.

so is it 1,2, or 3?[/quote]

How many meals a day are you eating?

Defiantly don’t cut. Gain weight. But if your Squat goes up 25 pounds, your bodyweight goes up 25 pounds, and you look sloppy, then you’re probably eating too much.

Look into carb cycling, eat an absurd amount of protein, and eat frequently. You can eat big and get big without getting fat in the process if you eat right 80% of the time.

Had my body comp tested at work today.
im 188 11% bf…

Being used to being so lean I feel I look sloppy at this bf %.

I will cut back to sub 10% then get back on track.

[quote]Jrocco wrote:
Had my body comp tested at work today.
im 188 11% bf…

Being used to being so lean I feel I look sloppy at this bf %.

I will cut back to sub 10% then get back on track.
[/quote]

Don’t waste your time.

Makes sense. any other advice?

[quote]Jrocco wrote:
Makes sense. any other advice?[/quote]

Think of it this way. If you cut your calories to diet down so you can see more abs, then you probably haven’t put on a lot of muscle in that “cutting phase.”

But if you were to gain 5 pounds of lean muscle, then your bodyfat % would be lower because of your new gains in lean mass. On top of that you’ll look more impressive. Remember, generally speaking the more muscle you have the faster your metabolism is.

but what about the partitioning aspect of where calories go when overfeeding? Wouldn’t being under 10% consistently make the excess cals go more towards muslce building?

jrocco,

doing a good job so far, and i wouldn’t nitpick with your bf, however you want to go
lower than 10%. do some cardio 2-3 times
a week. that’s if your’re not doing any. i
suggest walking 3 miles or jumping rope.
use a speed rope for 20 minutes.

These guys are right. Don’t worry about the abs too much… If I had one piece of advice to give you, it’s “don’t be afraid of food.”

BTW, I wanna say it’s bullshit you got 3.3. Yeesh…

Well, im eating between 3-5k depending on hunger, activity, etc… I was really going for blow latley and had my best eating weeks recentley…i got 6k in everyday. It was good.

[quote]Jrocco wrote:
but what about the partitioning aspect of where calories go when overfeeding? Wouldn’t being under 10% consistently make the excess cals go more towards muslce building?[/quote]

Where calories go when you overfeed.

This needs to be addressed because I haven’t ever seen it mentioned in any article or thread or even any real-world conversation. People poop. You poop. I poop. Everyone poops.

You can’t think in terms of calories that go to muscle building. Because then they aren’t really being used as fuel - they’re being used as new muscle. Think of it in terms of protein intake. You need

(1) Protein for new Muscle
(2) Carbs and Fats so your body has energy to build muscle
(3) Carbs and Fats so your body has energy for everything else
(4) Everything Else for everything Else. (Vitamins, Ruffage, Etc)

[quote]G87 wrote:
These guys are right. Don’t worry about the abs too much… If I had one piece of advice to give you, it’s “don’t be afraid of food.”

BTW, I wanna say it’s bullshit you got 3.3. Yeesh…[/quote]

im not here for numbers or pagentry, but real advice.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
Jrocco wrote:
but what about the partitioning aspect of where calories go when overfeeding? Wouldn’t being under 10% consistently make the excess cals go more towards muslce building?

Where calories go when you overfeed.

This needs to be addressed because I haven’t ever seen it mentioned in any article or thread or even any real-world conversation. People poop. You poop. I poop. Everyone poops.

You can’t think in terms of calories that go to muscle building. Because then they aren’t really being used as fuel - they’re being used as new muscle. Think of it in terms of protein intake. You need

(1) Protein for new Muscle
(2) Carbs and Fats so your body has energy to build muscle
(3) Carbs and Fats so your body has energy for everything else
(4) Everything Else for everything Else. (Vitamins, Ruffage, Etc)[/quote]

yea man…still tweeking to find that sweet spot.