London Bombing

Thanks for the words of support. I live and work in London and this mornings events were scary - absolute chaos. London has been living with terrorism for decades and you cant help but think that an Al-Qaeda attach was inevitable but that thought still never prepares you when it comes.

If anything good can come from this lets hope its a stronger bond between the people of this world who want peace.

[quote]will-of-iron wrote:
Thanks for the words of support. I live and work in London and this mornings events were scary - absolute chaos. London has been living with terrorism for decades and you cant help but think that an Al-Qaeda attach was inevitable but that thought still never prepares you when it comes.

If anything good can come from this lets hope its a stronger bond between the people of this world who want peace.[/quote]

You guys are definitely in our thoughts and prayers.

Not all Muslims are terrorists, but almost all terrorists are Muslims.

And even then you DONT know who did it :wink:

[quote]bluey wrote:
Islam is peace? yeah right![/quote]

Do not condemn an entire religion 1.5billion people because of the acts of extremists. Every religion has it’s extremists, that’s like everyone judging christianity based on the Oklahoma Bombing or David Koresh from Waco, TX.
Don’t let our media group these terrorists in with all of Islam. Use your mind, gain some knowledge before you start judging.

[quote]will-of-iron wrote:

If anything good can come from this lets hope its a stronger bond between the people of this world who want peace.[/quote]

Will-of Iron

Hang in there and our sympathy to the innocent who died.

NYC is on high alert. Dogs in the Subways and train stations. The police have increased patrols and are carrying sub-machine guns.

See that?s just the thing, outlawkayak, IT IS DEMONSTRATABLY NOT the same thing at all.

From Bali nightclubs, to Israel busses, to the Beslan school massacre, to the Spanish train bombings, to daily Iraqi based bombings, all have the same underlying Islamic fundamentalism. And this time period encompasses what, two years?

To whit: where the hell is the million muslim marches condemning this terrorism? Where are the figures who stand up and condemn this in the strongest terms possible?

[quote]FCFighter wrote:
Not all Muslims are terrorists, but almost all terrorists are Muslims. [/quote]

"The State Department’s report, ‘Patterns of Global Terrorism, 1999,’ published on May 1, 2000, flatly contradicts the government’s statements about terrorism, as well as the general public’s perception of the phenomenon. "

According to the report, Latin America and Europe have each accounted for a greater number of terrorist attacks than the Middle East and Asia combined.

"Again, as in the case of the Middle East, the principal events in South Asia, such as the hijacking of an Indian airliner and bombings in India and Pakistan which claimed many lives, were unrelated to the United States, and seemed to be related to local or regional conflicts such as that in Kashmir or Sri Lanka.

Similarly, the vast majority of incidents in Europe are, according to the report, attributable to Basque separatists in Spain, the conflict in Northern Ireland, the Kurdish movement in Turkey, and various anarchist groups in Greece. Middle Eastern or ?Islamic? terrorism was not a significant factor in this region, either.

By far most of the anti-US attacks occur in Latin America. Much of this terrorism, which includes bombings and kidnappings, is committed in Colombia and Peru by leftist rebels and right-wing paramilitary groups. American citizens and commercial interests have been attacked partly for ransom money to help finance insurgencies and partly to undermine national economies. But these groups, which commit most of the attacks against Americans and their property abroad, get less attention than groups with Arab or Muslim orientations. Moreover, Colombia and Peru are not designated as a major threat to the United States. The reasoning for this is absent from the report."

• From “The Truth About Terrorism” article in the book “You are Being Lied To”

Here in london now, the people here have been amazing, people really pull together in times like these, it reminds us we are all truely the same.

As for the cowards who did this, what can be said except london has had it coming. London is known as londonistan by foreign security services because of the sheer number of islamic terrorists here and the slackness of the uk security services concerning them. Every major islamic terrorist organisation has a mouthpiece and supporters in london from al quaida, muslim brotherhood, jemmaah islamia etc. It is time the uk woke up to the threat and started taking action.
Unlike the usa i hope we strike at the countries responsible, saudi arabia and pakistan. Every muslim terrorist bombing has been financed by saudi arabia and planned in pakistan. These are the countries that need to be ATTACKED NOW.

[quote]redswingline wrote:
See that?s just the thing, outlawkayak, IT IS DEMONSTRATABLY NOT the same thing at all.

From Bali nightclubs, to Israel busses, to the Beslan school massacre, to the Spanish train bombings, to daily Iraqi based bombings, all have the same underlying Islamic fundamentalism. And this time period encompasses what, two years?

To whit: where the hell is the million muslim marches condemning this terrorism? Where are the figures who stand up and condemn this in the strongest terms possible?

[/quote]

Seriously, answer this question. I don’t really support any organized religion, but right now Islam has to be my least favourite of the bunch. Props go out to the buddhists, however.

[quote]silencer wrote:

• From “The Truth About Terrorism” article in the book “You are Being Lied To”

[/quote]

Why would you believe anything in a book thats title declares that it is lying to you?

Oh I just had to post on this one. I don’t take sides on “who done it.” But I think that goes to show two interesting points and a question.

One, there is a lot of hate still left in the world and I would wager it’ll never end until we’re all gone.
Two, I doubt war will ever end. It seems like an ongoing process with the entire world. History hasn’t shown any extended periods of peace but most notably by the wars. Any real progress or marking point in the USA is always marked by the wars, not by the peace. Civil War, WWI & II, so on. I’m not an advocate of war, but I certainly think the idea of total peace everywhere is a fairy tale dream.

The question that this all leaves me, like many, is what’s the motivation? I know thats a can of worms opened for anyone. Seriously though, it makes you wonder. Personally I believe its spurred by hatred, pride, selfiness, and greed.

Been lurking on the forums for a long time so with todays events and me being from London myself and one of my friends having been affected by this living close to the area bombed, and I have to say this if fucked up, I never thought something would ever happen to London,but I guess it was inevitable.

First things if there are any other Londoners here on this site, who live here in the city,if there are people who can’t contact their friends or family please help them out by calling their friends and family for them, or if someone can’t get home offer them a place to stay it doesn’t look like people will be getting back home anytime today.

Secondly on the issue of Islam, I have to say firstly people got to understand there are 72 sects of Islam, secondly why do people do these bombings? Well usually people from those countries live fucked up lives due to dictators and religion offers them a form of opposition not availible elsewhere in society, and often the case their hate of their dictators is displaced at the West because they feel it is that which has caused their pain, when really they should be pissed off at their own rulers.

Two books which explain this much more eloquently than I do are Future of Freedom by Fareed Zakaria and Orientalism by Edward Said.

Heartfelt Condolences and Prayers going out to all the injured and their families,its a truely sad day for us Londoners.

Well, I hope we can all agree that this shows just how effective our strategy for dealing with al-qaeda is. Invading Iraq HAS made the world safer. There ARE less terrorists now!

On a less sarcastic note, while al-qaeda are the ‘media darlings’ of the terrorist world, the Hindu Tamil Tigers have launched the most suicide bombings. There’s a better correlation between occupation troops and suicide bombings than religion and suicide bombings. So, if you judge 1500 years of Islam by al-qaeda, I hope you judge 2000 years of Christianity by the IRA, so as to be consistent in your lack of analysis.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Leave it to the looney left to defend those guilty of these crimes.

It was claimed by “al-Qaida of Europe”, but it must have been the same guys that attacked Oklahoma City.

Pull your head out of your asses people!

This is a real war. Your opposition to the war only furthers our enemies goals.

I’m sorry, but who is defending Al qaida? Every terrorist attack from now until the end of time will not be by Al qaida. I am glad we apparently now know who is responsible, however, jumping to conclusions before facts are in is retarded. Who was responsible for those powdered letters mailed to politicians in Washington?

[/quote]

Professor X,

I will not apologize for my anger. We are currently at war with Islamic extremists that use terrorism as a tool to intimidate and subjugate. You are drawing false analogies to hide the truth. Just The Facts is setting up another one of his idiotic conspiracy theories. Soon he will be saying the CIA planted the bombs. This site has a number of lunatics that buy into the fantasy that the CIA and the Zionists destroyed the WTC.

Islam has been spread by the sword since its inception. If Muslims want their religion respected they must expel the extremists from the mosques and close the schools that perpetuate hate against the ?infidel.? Bluey is righteous in his anger against this religion that continually promotes this type of murder.

I read countless posts on this site condemning Christianity regarding gay marriage, yet these same people (Lothario excepted) that condemn Christianity are silent about Islamic atrocities. In fact they are quick to condemn our war efforts in Afghanistan, Iraq, domestically and at Gitmo.

[quote]battlelust wrote:
… I hope you judge 2000 years of Christianity by the IRA, so as to be consistent in your lack of analysis.[/quote]

I condemn the IRA as strongly as I condemn any Islamic terrorism.

The difference is the US is not at war with the IRA.

Pointing out that others also perpetrate this horrible acts does not excuse this radical Islamic movement in any way.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I will not apologize for my anger. We are currently at war with Islamic extremists that use terrorism as a tool to intimidate and subjugate. You are drawing false analogies to hide the truth. [/quote]

What false analogies am I drawing? That there are other terrorist groups in the world and that blaming everything on Al Queda before the facst are in is a misinformed rush to judgement? What, pray tell, is false about that?

[quote]Islam has been spread by the sword since its inception. …I read countless posts on this site condemning Christianity regarding gay marriage, yet these same people (Lothario excepted) that condemn Christianity are silent about Islamic atrocities. In fact they are quick to condemn our war efforts in Afghanistan, Iraq, domestically and at Gitmo.
[/quote]

You do realize that history is filled with examples of Christianity following a similar route? I think many of these people are misguided, bordering on insane. However, to make the comment that all of Islam is to blame is also misguided.

Zap,
I agree. I was specifically referencing the subtlety of bluey’s “Fuck Muslims.” Sure, we’re not at war with the IRA. Believe it or not, I kinda noticed that.

Without tangentially detailing the violent spread of Christianity, I will, however, say that it is unfortunate that many Americans view al-qaeda as representative of Islam.

This, as we have seen, strengthens the hand of al-qaeda. To defeat these bastards, we must show, again and again, that they are NOT Muslims and that the do NOT represent most Muslims.

Zap Branigan wrote:
I will not apologize for my anger. We are currently at war with Islamic extremists that use terrorism as a tool to intimidate and subjugate. You are drawing false analogies to hide the truth.

What false analogies am I drawing? That there are other terrorist groups in the world and that blaming everything on Al Queda before the facst are in is a misinformed rush to judgement? What, pray tell, is false about that?

Islam has been spread by the sword since its inception. …I read countless posts on this site condemning Christianity regarding gay marriage, yet these same people (Lothario excepted) that condemn Christianity are silent about Islamic atrocities. In fact they are quick to condemn our war efforts in Afghanistan, Iraq, domestically and at Gitmo.

You do realize that history is filled with examples of Christianity following a similar route? I think many of these people are misguided, bordering on insane. However, to make the comment that all of Islam is to blame is also misguided.
[/quote]

Professor x,
If you look at every muslim country today they are all consistent in their repression of minorities, women and hatred for the west. If you were to look at the text books that kids study in these countries you would be shocked by the pure hatred in them towards the west.

The fact is there are no reformist muslim figures out there who can self criticise and combat this hatred towards the west. Islam means submission and there is no self questioning.

The fanatical islam that these terrorists follow is the saudi arabia type and is exactly the same as nazism practised by hitler. It is sad but true and unless muslims themselves understand this then the west has every right to not only defend itself but be proactive, i.e start attacking saudi arabia and pakistan.

Zap Branigan wrote:
I will not apologize for my anger. We are currently at war with Islamic extremists that use terrorism as a tool to intimidate and subjugate. You are drawing false analogies to hide the truth.

Islam has been spread by the sword since its inception. …I read countless posts on this site condemning Christianity regarding gay marriage, yet these same people (Lothario excepted) that condemn Christianity are silent about Islamic atrocities. In fact they are quick to condemn our war efforts in Afghanistan, Iraq, domestically and at Gitmo.

[/quote]

Equating the attack in London which follows al-Qaedas template, has been claimed by a branch of al-Qaeda and in a time of war against al-Qaeda with the confusion that followed the bombing of OKC is a false analogy. The situation is quite different.

I never condemned ALL of Islam and neither did any other posts that I saw.
To deny that the problems with Islam are major is silly. I see a lot of people trying to deflect the truth by pointing out that other groups also use terroristic methods.

Islam has some serious problems, much more severe than any problems visible in the other major religions in the world. Until this is recognized and acknowledged nothing will be fixed.

We are in 100% agreement that many of the posters on this board are nuts. I did not mean to imply that you fall into the same category. I am just royally pissed about the whole situation.