Lombard Signs With UFC

Had to post since the discussion about him came up in Silva/Sonnen II thread…

Does anyone know why it has taken so long for him to be signed?
I havent really followed it but there has to be a reason why it has happened ages ago

I think I hear humble shouting in joy/victory all the way from OZ.

He should watch it. I think shouts of joy bring drop bears, venomous spiders and snakes, poison jelly fish, those blue ring octopus things, and sharks.

Hope he makes it through ok.

Regards,

Robert A

Lol
Yeh, read it on another site earlier.
Good news, he should make the division more exciting with his relentless style.

lets see who they feed him first

Cool. I hope he fights Bisping first.

Hate to say it humble, but…

Lombard is going to piss hot when the NSAC gets to him

There’s tons of talk about Brian Stann being “fed” to him first. Interesting…but just talk right now.

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

Lombard is going to piss hot when the NSAC gets to him[/quote]

Possibly and possibly not. The guy is naturally nuggety. I’ve sparred him for quite a while. Many claimed it but I dunno if I would discount his natural genetics. I have a mate who looks more insane than he does and the cunt has only just learned to drink protein shakes. He walks around at 8 % body fat year round eating whatever he likes whenever he likes. He was a gymnast half his life though. Hectors been involved in soccer, judo, bjj and boxing from a very young age.

Anyway, here’s something of interest. I knew he’s go straight for the jugular. That’s the only way he knows how to be.

Good on him I say.

He’ll be fighting Stann in his debut. Wonder where a win would put him, Bisping - Boetsch being the other fight that could lead to titleshot.

[quote]humble wrote:

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

Lombard is going to piss hot when the NSAC gets to him[/quote]

Possibly and possibly not. The guy is naturally nuggety. I’ve sparred him for quite a while. Many claimed it but I dunno if I would discount his natural genetics. I have a mate who looks more insane than he does and the cunt has only just learned to drink protein shakes. He walks around at 8 % body fat year round eating whatever he likes whenever he likes. He was a gymnast half his life though. Hectors been involved in soccer, judo, bjj and boxing from a very young age.

Anyway, here’s something of interest. I knew he’s go straight for the jugular. That’s the only way he knows how to be.

Good on him I say.

[/quote]

Walks around at 200-205lbs at 5’9?

That’s more than genetics.

he walks around at 85 kg mostly so a bit far off 200.

Back to genetics.

Dana twittered him vs stann. It’s fucking on! I hope he minces Stan. I’m over the war veteran shit.

Seems all you need these days is a badge and camo’s and you’re a war veteran.

Not bagging Stann himself, I like the guy and he’s very respectable but I’m over the hype that goes with it.

[quote]Fistiecuffs wrote:
He’ll be fighting Stann in his debut. Wonder where a win would put him, Bisping - Boetsch being the other fight that could lead to titleshot.[/quote]

Oh I’d love him to rape Bisping. Bisping’s attitude wouldn’t last 3 seconds in press meets and the ring with HEctor

[quote]humble wrote:
he walks around at 85 kg mostly so a bit far off 200.

Back to genetics.

Dana twittered him vs stann. It’s fucking on! I hope he minces Stan. I’m over the war veteran shit.

Not bagging Stann himself, I like the guy and he’s very respectable but I’m over the hype that goes with it.[/quote]
Yeah they’re just handing out silver star nowadays, and what’s with him trying to help wounded soldiers, what a dick. (Humble go fuck yourself)

[quote]humble wrote:Dana twittered him vs stann. It’s fucking on! I hope he minces Stan. I’m over the war veteran shit.

Not bagging Stann himself, I like the guy and he’s very respectable but I’m over the hype that goes with it.[/quote]

Yeah I think Stann is a massive marketing machine for the UFC (in the U.S.) in that sense, but I agree that it gets tiresome.
And yeah I think this fight will be a big step up (for Stann) from his last opponent.
Stann does all he knows (go for the finish with strikes) and Lombard beats him at his own game

[quote]humble wrote:

That seems a little contradictory. If you like the guy…and that guy is respectable…I don’t see the reason to downplay his legit war vet status…topped with Silver Star Medal. Dude doesn’t have to fight for a living…yet he does. Not his fault…that in itself makes for crazy marketing hype.

[quote]humble wrote:
he walks around at 85 kg mostly so a bit far off 200.[/quote]

Really? 187? Surely he’s heavier than that, especially between fights. He looks closer to 200 in the ring. Could be muscle bellies and bodyfat doing it, but those tree trunk legs look heavy too.

Not that I think that means he’s definitely using. Nor that he isn’t. He’s fought both at welter and light heavy in his career, and his judo weight was 160. People can speculate all they want, I just wanna see him fight some proper competition. As long as he doesn’t get busted, none of this stuff matters anyway.

Him and Stann should make the ground shake, at least. Doubt it leaves the 1st. Crippling KO guaranteed.

He’s fighting at 185 and is 5"9. No way he’s 187. Similar guys like Palhares cut a fair amount of weight.

Anyway, the guy requested a random drug test for his fight with Stann, so if anything we know he’s likely clean in training. Good damage control, what with all the roiding/TRT controversy going around. Hector has his ears on the streets.

lmao. I varied between 220-235 when I used to spar him. No friggen way he’s 200. He’s fairly light to pick up.

As you said, speculate as much as you want, doesn’t mean shit on the internet.

Just out of curiosity, when did you guys spar?

about 3 years ago before he finished cleaning up Australia to head to the states