T Nation

LOL @ T-Cell Alpha

Oh man, Ive been lurking over there, cause I like what most of those guys have to write, but the fucking place has turned into some Lord of the Flies/Survivor Gone Wild type of shit

half of the page is tribunals and war councils or some craziness like that

Anyway, it’s hilarious to me now, but I hope they get it under control, because it could be a decent subforum

i agree, the tribunals are killing the board, you have to filter through 1/2 the page to get to the good stuff

Half the page? HALF? There have been four tribunals and a couple threads discussing the guidelines. How does that constitute half?

Further, tribunals only last 24 hours at MOST. If you don’t like them, give it a day.

New stuff always gets this type of attention.

[quote]LowfatMatt wrote:
Half the page? HALF? There have been four tribunals and a couple threads discussing the guidelines. How does that constitute half?[/quote]

It’s internet speak.

Just cut the number in half (or more) like you would if the poster was providing their maximum lift numbers.

wow, thanks for calling me out on my exaggeration :stuck_out_tongue:

I was just trying to make a point that it really irks me, that’s all :slight_smile:

meh… haters

I thought it was cool at first, but lately there’s way too many pissing contests and not enough stimulating conversation. It definitley has potential though. Shit, I could read Prof X / Rainjack posts all day.

good, that place is over populated with newbs anyway and it takes away the integrity of that forum.

octobergirl why are you allowed to post in there?

no offense to you personally but you dont strike me as someone overflowing with bodybuilding knowledge. you arent a figure comp either so really why are you there?

Jehovas fitness i remember you told me a good way to put on mass was through eating more vegetables and in a different thread you were completely against eating fast food at all for bulking purposes. i really wonder why the hell youre in there too.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
octobergirl why are you allowed to post in there?

no offense to you personally but you dont strike me as someone overflowing with bodybuilding knowledge. you arent a figure comp either so really why are you there?
[/quote]

No one likes a sausage fest.

I am not a bodybuilder but I do respect the sport. I also have some knowledge of the sport for men and women.

I also have a little bit of ACTUAL gym time.

I’m not a youngen who just likes to spout off.

I’m also willing to appreciate and learn.

But this was a good question.

[quote]elliot007 wrote:
Oh man, Ive been lurking over there, cause I like what most of those guys have to write, but the fucking place has turned into some Lord of the Flies/Survivor Gone Wild type of shit

half of the page is tribunals and war councils or some craziness like that

Anyway, it’s hilarious to me now, but I hope they get it under control, because it could be a decent subforum[/quote]

Some of you are all too quick to find fault in everything. There are 3 pages of posts in that forum right now…and you all are focusing on only six threads. Obviously, many were simply waiting for something to hold up as a sign of failure…but considering the number of hits most of those threads are getting…SOMEBODY is interested.

[quote]LowfatMatt wrote:
Half the page? HALF? There have been four tribunals and a couple threads discussing the guidelines. How does that constitute half?[/quote]

I dont mean only the tribunals, i mean all the political (relating to the forum) type threads. there are about 10 of 35 threads like that now, but when i first posted they were clustered at the top, so i thought it was funny

this post isnt anything against that forum, i like the topics, but it is just funny to observe the sociology of the place.

there’s plenty of good stuff, but there’s also plenty of bad stuff.

i was hoping it would be more elite than what it is as well. there are some people who IMO have no business whatsoever being in there.

and what was up with the whole headhunter thing anyway? how can a troll somehow get in and then get tribunal’ed?

and honestly guys, i’m not hating because like i said, there’s plenty of good stuff in there. i just didn’t think i would have to sift through anything bad.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:

Jehovas fitness i remember you told me a good way to put on mass was through eating more vegetables and in a different thread you were completely against eating fast food at all for bulking purposes. i really wonder why the hell youre in there too.[/quote]

not gonna lie, i agree with this a lot (the last sentence)

[quote]Professor X wrote:
elliot007 wrote:
Oh man, Ive been lurking over there, cause I like what most of those guys have to write, but the fucking place has turned into some Lord of the Flies/Survivor Gone Wild type of shit

half of the page is tribunals and war councils or some craziness like that

Anyway, it’s hilarious to me now, but I hope they get it under control, because it could be a decent subforum

Some of you are all too quick to find fault in everything. There are 3 pages of posts in that forum right now…and you all are focusing on only six threads. Obviously, many were simply waiting for something to hold up as a sign of failure…but considering the number of hits most of those threads are getting…SOMEBODY is interested.[/quote]

look, ill delete the my fucking post if you think it is in bad taste, i posted it in jest. i wish i would have screen captured what i saw. the first image that came to my mind was:

[quote]elliot007 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
elliot007 wrote:
Oh man, Ive been lurking over there, cause I like what most of those guys have to write, but the fucking place has turned into some Lord of the Flies/Survivor Gone Wild type of shit

half of the page is tribunals and war councils or some craziness like that

Anyway, it’s hilarious to me now, but I hope they get it under control, because it could be a decent subforum

Some of you are all too quick to find fault in everything. There are 3 pages of posts in that forum right now…and you all are focusing on only six threads. Obviously, many were simply waiting for something to hold up as a sign of failure…but considering the number of hits most of those threads are getting…SOMEBODY is interested.

look, ill delete the my fucking post if you think it is in bad taste, i posted it in jest. i wish i would have screen captured what i saw. the first image that came to my mind was:
[/quote]

I like your post…as I am sure if you didn’t post it, someone else would have.

I also agree that way too many people spent way too much time worrying about those tribunals. That is why I quit posting in any of those threads.

I am simply using your thread to make a point…that focusing on that small percentage of posts while overlooking the other pages of threads makes little sense.

There were MANY threads about how the T-Cell was going to fail. I am sure there will be far fewer now that there is one for the military…because who wants to act like that one shouldn’t exist?

[quote]ericbyrnesjr wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

Jehovas fitness i remember you told me a good way to put on mass was through eating more vegetables and in a different thread you were completely against eating fast food at all for bulking purposes. i really wonder why the hell youre in there too.

not gonna lie, i agree with this a lot (the last sentence)[/quote]

Trust me, if anyone makes a post like that in that forum, I am sure quite a few people will jump on it quickly.

People weren’t just chosen because they are “elite”. There are very few truly extremely built posters on this site…at least not like there used to be. Expecting that forum to only be filled with “vets” is a retarded concept in light of that.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Expecting that forum to only be filled with “vets” is a retarded concept in light of that. [/quote]

sure, due to the fact that i guess there are less built people around here than i thought (as kinda evidenced by the need for a “who here actually trains” thread).

like i said…there is PLENTY of good stuff to read in there. no one is questioning that.

[quote]ericbyrnesjr wrote:
(as kinda evidenced by the need for a “who here actually trains” thread).[/quote]

That thread should have been a wake up call for the whole site…but somehow it was like some actually missed that MOST of the people who log in here rarely even work out.

That’s sad.

Even worse, many of those are the ones giving advice on this forum. THAT is what most should be worried about.

I at least tried to pick people who I know visit a gym on a somewhat regular basis from their posts and who aren’t the “follower” type who usually just posts “great article” after everything.