Loggers' Physiques

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Polish Rifle wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
The Machines are making us weak and defenseless so they can one day rise and rule the world.

I thought everyone knew that.

Professor X will lead the resistance in the year 2075.

Fucking hilarious.

can Drivethruhero be his battering ram?

Only if I can tag along and make jokes.[/quote]

Indeed… You seem to have the best jokes on T-Nation.

I have a degree in Forestry. At school we would send a team every year to compete in the lumberjack competitions. I’ve cut 10"x10" cants with a crosscut saw several times…and with better saws then they had and lemme tell you it’ll wear you out after awhile. I couldn’t imagine cutting down no telling how many trees a day with a cross cut saw.

Also, yeah I worked a summer as a wildland firefighter like the guy above mentioned…yeah it’ll get you in shape walking up and down mountains carrying heavy shit all day.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
Polish Rifle wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
The Machines are making us weak and defenseless so they can one day rise and rule the world.

I thought everyone knew that.

Professor X will lead the resistance in the year 2075.

Fucking hilarious.

can Drivethruhero be his battering ram?

Only if I can tag along and make jokes.

Indeed… You seem to have the best jokes on T-Nation.

[/quote]

Stawp it! You’ll make me blush.

[quote]MotoCK wrote:
jaybvee wrote:
Daily hard physical labour usually = incredible physiques based on need & adaptation.

Those guys didn’t have to hit the gym - their gym was the forest :stuck_out_tongue:

god i love your avatar.[/quote]

slobbers yummm… Sexy can I!

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
Re: Pic – That’s her.

[/quote]

Wait… that pic is of a dude!

I was a bin man for a year, didnt have a clue about building mass but i was lifting and wondering why my 5’8 160lb frame wasnt getting any bigger. Probably because i was running 5 hours in the morning and slingin bags in a truck! I had ABZZZZZ tho.

[quote]sfajohn wrote:
I have a degree in Forestry. At school we would send a team every year to compete in the lumberjack competitions. I’ve cut 10"x10" cants with a crosscut saw several times…and with better saws then they had and lemme tell you it’ll wear you out after awhile. I couldn’t imagine cutting down no telling how many trees a day with a cross cut saw.

Also, yeah I worked a summer as a wildland firefighter like the guy above mentioned…yeah it’ll get you in shape walking up and down mountains carrying heavy shit all day.[/quote]

i thought a forestry degree was to protect the forest, not destroy it lol

Logging camps have great cooks and all the food you can eat. In the isolated camps they will fly in what ever food you want.

I spent alot of time in isolation camps. Inventing ways to workout and eating everything in sight. It was my see food diet, see food and eat it.

The work was hard all day long and the danger was always there. Saftey meeting all the time, best equipment on the market and still the most dangerous job out there. Accidents usually involved the loss of a body part, disablity or death. Anything else was just a close call. I wouldn’t do it again, the work was great, the pay was awesome, the food the best, the loss of friends was way to hard to handle!

About their legs, I remember reading an article somewhere about Finland’s O-Lifters and how they all had very impressive lifts. Other countries were wondering what their training was like and found nothing out of the ordinary, until they all realized that the vast majority of the lifters were actually loggers/lumberjacks by day and would routinely have to remove their lumber by teathering the log to a rope around their waist and dragging it out, sometimes up hill.

I imagine this not being too different for loggers around the world, so I picture some strong ass hammies.

Does anybody have a video of these guys deadlifting 3x their bodyweight?

I’ve always got to chuckle about authors and their sand bag training, beating on things with a sledgehammer, pushing loaded wheelbarrows around. They call it training, I grew up knowing it as work.

That being said I knew a chokerman that was probably one of the biggest non lifters I’ve ever seen. The guy was a mountain of a man, and pretty batshit crazy, but a helluva good time to go drinking with.

Not for nothin, but remember that as strong as these guys were, alot of them all busted up when they got older because of all the heavy labor.

I know everyone’s got a great-grandfather or some shit that did this and was fit till he was 102, but I think alot of people that haven’t actually done physical labor day in and day out don’t realize the toll it takes on you over the long run.

[quote]schultzie wrote:

i thought a forestry degree was to protect the forest, not destroy it lol[/quote]

No. Forestry is about managing forests to utilize them, while at the same time sustaining them for future generations.