Log Up to Jan 21st SPF Tennessee State Championship

Was in a big rush last night didn’t get home until real late and had to just knockout a quick rep workout to help get blood moving.

Side Laterals: 20s for 6x15
Face Pulls: 40 plus red band for 6x15
Bicep Curl 21s: 3 sets with 65
Hammer Curl: 3 sets with 30s for 15 reps

Nothing crazy did in about 40 mins just to get moving.

1 Like

This day started as a serious off day. Didn’t think I was even gonna be able to squat at all but had an awesome day. Thank you to @benchmonster565
@brittbuckner10 @kbales @cwsullivan13 for helping and literally making sure I didn’t die today. Today wouldn’t have happened with out y’all.
In video
700 for 1
735 for 1 literally only had 5 mins between sets at this point due to daycare restrictions so I was extremely tired and out of breath.
770 for 1 10lbs all time PR (uglier than should have been got pushed over.
725 for 3 huge rep PR

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOQuKsgDrs2/

2 Likes

I want an off day like that.

2 Likes

Man trust me you don’t. An hour into the 2 hour drive I started throwing up and getting insane stomach pressure and knots. When I got the gym I just laid in the floor and kind of twitched, I couldnt stand up straight my stomach was cramping and pulling so hard. Then literally I bloated up so much from the gas that I had to let my lever Belt out 3 holes. It was not a fun day at all.

Holy hell. How did you manage a PR after all that?!

1 Like

I don’t know but @csulli was there from the second I limped in hunched over and hit the floor to the time I walked out of the gym. He can vouche it wasn’t a good thing haha.

1 Like

Yesterday Bench Session was in big hurry because of having to run around for Christmas family stuff. Just hit 6 doubles with 330 and some high rep rows with 135 and got out.

Today- Another damn good Deadlift Day for me.
Worked up to 550/600/640(15lbs lifetime PR) and felt strong.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOZ2wTPj5M6/

Nuetral Grip Pulldowns: 5x12
Inverse Curls: 4x12

4 Likes

God damn you just keep getting stronger. I know you’ve got some records to break that aren’t far out of reach. Very exciting stuff.

2 Likes

Nice lifting there bud, and i LOVE the hat!!!

2 Likes

Awesome stuff recently, looking like this meet will be full of PRs!

I was wondering, I’ve been using the slingshot blue wraps for my rep work recently to get used to them (I love them for training, decent rebound and still comfortable enough for multiple working sets of 3+ reps) but I think switching to the reds for my meet would be best as they’re obviously a more serious wrap… would you say the transition will be seamless or is it going to be a case of learning from scratch? I was going to incorporate them from 4-5 weeks out on my heaviest sets; sound good?

1 Like

Hey man to be honest I would say it should be rather easy transition. But, depending on how you are wrapping the blues and will be wrapping the reds will be the main variable. If you are half ass self wrapping the blues and you go into an all out partner assisted red wrap it will be a huge difference not so much in movement but, rather pain tolerance and learning to not let the wraps shoot you forward.

1 Like

Lol thanks. My mom bought it for my son but, it was way to big for him so he traded me some chocolate for it haha

2 Likes

Thanks man means alot. I’m still a little ways away from a record but I have a few options. Can cut 25lbs and shoot for 198 all time and definitely be the most immediately attainable. Or can keep growing and try to push into the 900s for a shot at 220 and 242. Definitely none of them will happen overnight and they could be pushed up at any time. But, needless to say I am close enough to taste it.

2 Likes

Bench night last night

Worked up to a smooth 340 for 2x2 and 1x3 bicep still giving issues but tonight everything felt really light and good to go.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOnzEycD1fy/

Dips:30,24,21 bw
Pulldown: Whole Stack for 2x10 then added 25lbs to stack and hit 6 and drop set for 8
Rear Laterals: 3x15

3 Likes

21 days out of meet. Bw around 223 most mornings

675 squat
725 squat
770 squat
800 squat (30lbs PR)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOsLsCbABMr/

GHR: 4x12 against light band

6 Likes

Why the FUCK isn’t your log getting more attention? Huge congratulations on 800. Fucking monstrous. I remember when you had a sub 600lb squat on here. Ridiculous.

5 Likes

Haha if I had to guess from being absent for so long no one knows what’s going on in here.

That was fucking awesome. Looked like you had some more in that too.

1 Like

Every time he posts a video I don’t feel worthy of being in the same log

4 Likes

I’m watching lol, always following @Reed’s progress. Awesome stuff as always man.

2 Likes