T Nation

Log of the ol Teufel Hunden - 2017/2018 Transformation

t-ransformation2017
t-ransformation2018

So the Crossfit thread and @JMaier31 log got me thinking about changing my training up pretty radically (seems radical to me, idk).

So, I created a new template I’m calling Beauty and the Beast (very original) or the Battle of the Bs (haven’t decided yet).

The general breakdown is like so:

For the longest time I’ve been stuck in this mentality of:
First Strenght Work
Then Hypotrophy
Then Conditioning

So, I’d do something like 5/3/1 (for example) or make my own template where I’d do the above workout 3-4 days a week. The problem I’ve noticed over the long-run is I would usually gas out mid hypotrophy work and just ignore the conditioning part or half-ass it. Hence the new approach.

I’ve started to put together my first 4-week cycle. This might still get tweaked a bit and I have to really look over it to make sure I’m hitting everything I want to hit/do everything I want to do. For example, I left out farmer’s walks, which is something I really want to implement so that’s a change I’ll likely make.

Here’s the template

I’m open to any thought/suggestions

That’s a pretty sweet looking template. Plan on changing the WOD each time through or cycle through those few?

I’m definitely going to change the WOD’s around. I figure I’ll start with a couple of the “girls”, but then use this WOD roulette app on my phone for some variety.

That looks much better than doing WODs every day of the week!

The gym has been christened.

It’s so pretty! It looked you checked yourself on the lockout of that first press to make sure you didn’t hit the ceiling.

I can’t do any standing overhead work at home.

Lol, ya, I had checked earlier to make sure I wouldn’t hit the ceiling, but it’s soooo close. I’ll probably be checking it for a while. I can always lower the platform I’m on, though. I’m standing on at least 3" of rubber on top of the rubber flooring.

Just don’t go full lock out, cuz time under tension = gainzzz…yeah, I’m a problem solver.

Yesterday was a shit show at my house. Managed to start lifting at about 9:15. It was quick and light. At least it was something.