Seated DB overhead press
60’sx10
65’sx10
70’sx10

Pec deck flyes…superset…tricep pushdowns
3x10

Delt raises
35’sx3x10

Some jack off was trying to bench 400lbs with less than a 1" rom (not an exaggeration). Everyone was afraid he was going to hurt himself so I offered to spot him. He got pissed off and acted like he wanted to fight which would have been even more dangerous for him than the bench presses were. Then he wouldn’t quit ranting about how everyone has been telling him that he bench presses wrong for 8 years and that he’s obviously doing something right that they aren’t. I laughed and he got REALLY pissed; like, face-turning-purple kind of pissed. I hope I am at the gym when he drops a weight on himself so I can sit there and not help him. Ass…

Cardio
Treadmill 30 minutes jogging uphill

BJJ
Drilled the “skydiver” guard pass for a while. I had to drill some with a girl which was especially awkward. Then I had some good rolls with Pat and Brandon. Good day of training overall. BJJ class plus rolling was about 3 hours.

[/quote]

That’s too bad man, would have been nice to get to use those new skills of yours on a real, resisting opponent. Plus you’re pretty hot on the videos, so there could have been some youtube gold in it for the rest of us. I will literally never understand what makes people think it is a good idea to pick unsolicited fights with people twice their size.

Deadlift
135x5
225x1
315x1
405x1
495x1
585x1
605x1

Clean grip muscle snatch
135x2
145x2
155x2
165x2
155x2
145x2
135x2

My nipples are raw from doing so much running. As soon as my shirt got sweaty I had to leave lol. It burns really bad if anything rubs on them.

Running
Jog to track
Run the straights, walk the curves 10 laps
Walk home

Shadowboxing
3x5

Heavy bag
3x5

Jump rope
500 rope skips

I’m sure it’s probably occurred to you, but zinc oxide tape on the nipples can be a life saver. I still do it if I’m doing a lot of conditioning, as I get the same problem!

I tried using band aids and athletic tape but they fell off pretty quickly. I probably sweat about 3x more than an average guy. It’s not uncommon for me to lose 10-15lbs after a hard conditioning session. I guess I’ll just have to wrap the tape all the way around my torso to stop it from sliding off lol. Maybe I’ll just get a size 50A bra to wear hahaha.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]LondonBoxer123 wrote:
Plus you’re pretty hot on the videos, so there could have been some youtube gold in it for the rest of us. [/quote]

This statement must mean something entirely different in London. [/quote]

SOMEBODY HOLD ME BACK!!!

Ye, I see what you mean. Round here it’s a standard compliment, much like the arse slap in the US.

Plus you’re pretty hot on the videos, so there could have been some youtube gold in it for the rest of us. [/quote]

This statement must mean something entirely different in London. [/quote]

SOMEBODY HOLD ME BACK!!!

Ye, I see what you mean. Round here it’s a standard compliment, much like the arse slap in the US. [/quote]

Lol, ass slapping is not a compliment in the US.

[quote]Loftearmen wrote:
I tried using band aids and athletic tape but they fell off pretty quickly. I probably sweat about 3x more than an average guy. It’s not uncommon for me to lose 10-15lbs after a hard conditioning session. I guess I’ll just have to wrap the tape all the way around my torso to stop it from sliding off lol. Maybe I’ll just get a size 50A bra to wear hahaha.[/quote]

Haha, that’s a nightmare mate. I assumed it was something you’d already tried. Vaseline doesn’t work either I take it? I have to be a bit careful what I suggest now after Irish making my video comment sound filthy!

Turns out my wife actually had aome lanolin nipple salve for breastfeeding mothers lol. That stuff worked like a charm. Then I ran out of it and realized that my bullet casing lubricant was made out of the same stuff (oil, beeswax and lanolin) haha. Who would have thought that with 1 product you could lube a bullet casing to be resized and heal your chapped nipples?

This morning:
Shadow boxing
3x3 1 min rest between rounds

Heavy bag
3x3 1 min rest between rounds

Tonight:
BJJ class

I rolled especially well tonight. I submitted Brandon around once a minute for 30 minutes with a simple formula: take him down, pass his guard, submit him. A couple times I submitted him from half guard as well; once with a kimura and once with a guillotine choke. I also got multiple kimuras from different positions, Americanas, straight arm bars and a chest compressor/head and arm choke.

We learned the punch pass which I made work multiple times in rolling and I also got a half guard pass where I kick my leg over their head and slide down their stomach while rolling. My game is really starting to come together

I was going to train tonight but I accidentally got drunk. Shit happens.

Front Squat
45x5
135x5
185x1
225x1
275x1
315x1
335x1
225x5

Barbell Complex:
Snatchx1-Squatx5-Snatch Grip BTN Pressx1-BW Squatsx15

45x3
65x3
95x3

Jump Rope-Kicks on Heavy Bag
X50-x50
X75-x75
X150

2 1/2 hours of yard work. Holy crap it is hot!

Tonight: BJJ Class

[quote]Loftearmen wrote:
I was going to train tonight but I accidentally got drunk. Shit happens.[/quote]

Bahahahaha[/quote]

Ye, good stuff, sometimes shit’s just got to happen.

I will set up my split like this (for now, shit always changes):

Sunday:
Squat-norseman powerlifting template
Front Squat- 3x8-12
Superset with
Good mornings- 3x8-12
Ab wheel roll outs- 3x15

Monday:
Overhead Press- np template
DB OHP- 3x8-12
Superset with
DB Rows- 3x8-12
Shadow boxing 15 minutes

Tuesday
BJJ
Bodyweight circuits

Wednesday
Deadlift- np template
Barbell Rows- 3x8-12
Superset with
Power cleans- 3x8-12
Hanging Leg Raises- 3x15

Thursday
BJJ
Bodyweight circuit

Friday
Bench Press- np template
Narrow grip incline bench- 3x8-12
Superset with
2 hand DB rows- 3x8-12
Heavy bag- 30 minutes

Saturday
BJJ
Bodyweight Circuit

I know this still looks like a lot but there are no 2-a-days which are really what is tearing me down. I will play it by ear this weekend and start this split on Sunday. I will probably just rest until then as my right biceps tendon is giving me trouble.

Wow, what a great fighter. You don’t see a lot of really quality striking in mma like this. McGregor definitely would have been a successful boxer or kickboxer as well.

My mini deload was pretty fun. I drank beer, ate whatever I wanted and laid around like a slob. Now I feel like a disgusting sloppy body and need to get back in the gym haha.

Foam Roller/Stretching
10 minutes

Squats
45x10
135x10
225x5
315x5
405x5
325x5
325x5
325x5

Front Squat…ss…Good Mornings
185x10-185x10
185x10-185x10
185x10-185x10

It is seriously fucking sad how weak I have become in the past few months. I understand that I am going to lose some mass and power but hot damn, dude! Struggling through a set of squats with 405? That’s just not me. I have tried to lose this weight too quickly and the result is a lot of muscle loss. It’s funny because when I am training clients I help them to slowly lose fat while maintaining strength but when I go to do it myself I can’t follow my own advice lol. Time to start practicing what I preach!!! This new training split with significantly less cardio work should help me get my numbers back up there while still improving my BJJ and maintaining a high level of conditioning.

I was contacted by a guy who saw my log on these forums and wanted some help with his programming. So, just in case, for anyone else who is looking for a strength coach, you can send me an email at norsemanpowerlifter@yahoo.com.

[quote]Loftearmen wrote:
I will set up my split like this (for now, shit always changes):

Sunday:
Squat-norseman powerlifting template
Front Squat- 3x8-12
Superset with
Good mornings- 3x8-12
Ab wheel roll outs- 3x15

Monday:
Overhead Press- np template
DB OHP- 3x8-12
Superset with
DB Rows- 3x8-12
Shadow boxing 15 minutes

Tuesday
BJJ
Bodyweight circuits

Wednesday
Deadlift- np template
Barbell Rows- 3x8-12
Superset with
Power cleans- 3x8-12
Hanging Leg Raises- 3x15

Thursday
BJJ
Bodyweight circuit

Friday
Bench Press- np template
Narrow grip incline bench- 3x8-12
Superset with
2 hand DB rows- 3x8-12
Heavy bag- 30 minutes

Saturday
BJJ
Bodyweight Circuit

I know this still looks like a lot but there are no 2-a-days which are really what is tearing me down. I will play it by ear this weekend and start this split on Sunday. I will probably just rest until then as my right biceps tendon is giving me trouble.
[/quote]

OH MY GOD OVERTRAINING. Seriously though mate, that looks like a nice balance, and a sustainable workload for the most part.

Bench Press
45x10
135x10
185x5
225x5
245x5
265x5
215x8
215x8
215x8

Narrow Grip Incline Bench…ss…Two Arm DB Row
185x8-80’sx8
185x8-80’sx8
185x8-80’sx8

Irish: I agree. That’s why I am cutting down on my training and had a big deload. I was stretching myself way too thin which is how I wound up losing all that strength. A healthy person doesn’t lose strength like that; I was beating the hell out of myself for too long.

Block pulls
135x5
225x5
315x5
405x5
475x5
515x5

Deadlift
365x5
365x5
365x5

Barbell Row…ss…Powerclean