Locking Out the Overhead Press

Cheers for the replies, I appreciate it. Last night I didn’t lock out on the overhead press or the bench press, and I definitely felt I was keeping more tension on the target muscle groups.

As JehovasFitness and Dankid said, I guess the top part of the motion is all tricep. I did feel the sets were easier than I expected- loading the bar according to my past results (which were all “locked out”) felt too light when not locking out. I suppose that makes sense when you’re reducing your range of motion.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
wtf is super slow training?

i understand going slow on the eccentric/negative or whatever u want to call it cause ur fighting the weight to lower it under control but why the fuck would u lift the concentric slow? it should ALWAYS be an explosive lift, even if the bar is moving super slow as long as you’re trying to push or pull it as fast as you can with as much force as you can, you’re doing it RIGHT.

why do people make shit so much harder than it has to be?[/quote]

super slow training is basically a when you have a 4 second concentric and about a 10 second negative or so. it is often used by personal trainers who want to make the exercises “harder” for their clients even though the client is using very light weights.