T Nation

Location Ideas for 'Home'

[quote]Edgy wrote:
I think I would choose Canada if I had a chance to change my life.

[/quote]

Traitor!

is neelydan missing something? wouldnt fucking GERMANY be a good idea?!

[quote]postholedigger wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:
I think I would choose Canada if I had a chance to change my life.

[/quote]

Traitor![/quote]

(whispers in hear)

dude…if we get the American hero to move to the frozen north…he could get the lay of the land and help the impending invasion…gotta think ‘long term’ here.

you dudes want NOTHING to do with an ornery anteater, stay where the fuck you are

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
is neelydan missing something? wouldnt fucking GERMANY be a good idea?![/quote]

You’re missing something.

Instead of focusing on the location why not focus on the school?

Find the school that has the best program for what you want to study and go there.

Personally, if I had a free ride I would go to Harvard, Yale or basically any very prestigious university.

You guys are all missing out. I already won the Beast over to my side.

I’m cheering, and there will be much debauchery and studying when he and I meet up in _______.

[quote]silverblood wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Beast some place without flooding, hurricanes, tornadoes, no state income tax and 4 seasons of weather. [/quote]
is this place called OZ and the PR people are 38" tall?

check out North Carolina. great schools like UNC(with satellite campuses in Ashville for example), Duke, NC St. http://www.univsource.com/nc.htm
good fishing(salt and fresh), camping, hiking, mtn. biking, rock climbing, skiing. drive from the coast to the mtns in a few hrs. all types of music, pro and college sports and rassaling.
live in a big city, a small town, or a cabin in the woods. it’s a great place to decompress. good gyms and meets like “Battle on the Border” http://www.carolinastrength.org/

good luck and welcome back.

[/quote]

I was going to say about the same thing to DJ…vague is not helpful. Seems you are amongst many to recommend NC. My FB page is blowing up with a lot of NC votes. I guess it’s worth looking into further. Especially if there’s places for me to disappear or fight. Thanks.[/quote]

Sorry guys was on the way this morning to church, when I get done traveling down to Corpus and settled into the hotel I will “share” more.

Silver I thought you should have gone with “Silvertown” out of Joe Dirt. :P[/quote]
i’ve never seen the movie[/quote]

O: But you are from the south, that is our Oscar winning movie.

Beast you want to work with overweight children? Go to south Texas, there is an actual National study on the marked rise in Type II (adult onset) Diabetes in children.

if you want to relax before things get hectic with school I recommend the Seychelles, a little island chain off of Madagascar. Seybrew beer is the best I’ve ever tasted and the beaches look like sugar. then again you might never want to leave. http://www.seychelles.travel/en/home/index.php

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
is neelydan missing something? wouldnt fucking GERMANY be a good idea?![/quote]

NeelyDan truly missed the boat.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Find the school that has the best program for what you want to study and go there.

Personally, if I had a free ride I would go to Harvard, Yale or basically any very prestigious university.

[/quote]

No. I’ve been following that MO for a while now. Doesn’t work. I’m not going to spend all my time in the school. Why go to a school where once I have free time, there ain’t shit for me to do outside of the place?

Fuck prestige. But then again… lol

[quote]Mad HORSE wrote:
You guys are all missing out. I already won the Beast over to my side.

I’m cheering, and there will be much debauchery and studying when he and I meet up in _______.[/quote]

I wouldn’t start cheering just yet. __________ has never popped up on my radar as a POI. Never. Gotta research it, still.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Beast some place without flooding, hurricanes, tornadoes, no state income tax and 4 seasons of weather. [/quote]

check out North Carolina. great schools like UNC(with satellite campuses in Ashville for example), Duke, NC St. http://www.univsource.com/nc.htm
good fishing(salt and fresh), camping, hiking, mtn. biking, rock climbing, skiing. drive from the coast to the mtns in a few hrs. all types of music, pro and college sports and rassaling.
live in a big city, a small town, or a cabin in the woods. it’s a great place to decompress. good gyms and meets like “Battle on the Border” http://www.carolinastrength.org/

[/quote]

I was going to say about the same thing to DJ…vague is not helpful. Seems you are amongst many to recommend NC. My FB page is blowing up with a lot of NC votes. I guess it’s worth looking into further. Especially if there’s places for me to disappear or fight. Thanks.[/quote]

Sorry guys was on the way this morning to church, when I get done traveling down to Corpus and settled into the hotel I will “share” more.

Silver I thought you should have gone with “Silvertown” out of Joe Dirt. :P[/quote]

Beast you want to work with overweight children? Go to south Texas, there is an actual National study on the marked rise in Type II (adult onset) Diabetes in children.[/quote]

I’m not sure if there is much anyone can do or say that would get me to return to Texas. No outdoor activities to enjoy down there…like mountains. I like mountains. And winter.

I haven’t even ruled out Canada, at this point. Uni. of Waterloo definitely piqued my interest. What can some of you Canucks tell me about Ontario? Thanks for the feedback, all. Truly appreciated.

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
I haven’t even ruled out Canada, at this point. Uni. of Waterloo definitely piqued my interest. What can some of you Canucks tell me about Ontario? Thanks for the feedback, all. Truly appreciated.[/quote]

If you decide to check out Western Canada I recommend Calgary Alberta. Clean, safe, young professionals, lots of nightlife any day of the week, the public transit is the best of any city I have lived in. There is a university www.ucalgary.ca/ too.

Rockie Mountains in the background of the pic.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[/quote]

Beast you want to work with overweight children? Go to south Texas, there is an actual National study on the marked rise in Type II (adult onset) Diabetes in children.[/quote]

I’m not sure if there is much anyone can do or say that would get me to return to Texas. No outdoor activities to enjoy down there…like mountains. I like mountains. And winter. [/quote]

Maybe Montana, you and that pushharder guy can team up and terrorize the townswomen for miles around.

Mountains are the way to go for sure. Portland or Denver wouldn’t be bad. Vancouver for sure would be my pick if in your horrible…horrible predicament.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
I think it’d really be helpful if you could list the important things that you are looking for…

What kind of climate?
What size city?
What kinds of cultural assets?
What kind of “feel” or atmosphere?
Etc.[/quote]

Good idea.

Climate: I like to have all four seasons, yet I do prefer the winter.
City Size: As long as I have access to “outdoor” activities, I’m good.
Cultural Assets: Scratching my head on this one. I guess, by default, I wouldn’t like to be the only fly in a pool of milk.
Feel or Atmosphere: Laid back, but productive. While I can tolerate DC, I hate the frenetic pace of the city. Everyone in a hurry to get nowhere. I don’t like having to keep up with flow of things on a daily. I’d rather be able to stop and take stuff in at my leisure.

I never gave a lot of thought to the other side of Canada, really. I’ll have to check it out.

And based on my “Cultural” answer, I believe that rules out Montana. Push and I would go out to pillage shit, and I’d get shot on sight. No thanks. :wink:

[quote]Charlie Horse wrote:

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
I haven’t even ruled out Canada, at this point. Uni. of Waterloo definitely piqued my interest. What can some of you Canucks tell me about Ontario? Thanks for the feedback, all. Truly appreciated.[/quote]

If you decide to check out Western Canada I recommend Calgary Alberta. Clean, safe, young professionals, lots of nightlife any day of the week, the public transit is the best of any city I have lived in. There is a university www.ucalgary.ca/ too.

Rockie Mountains in the background of the pic.[/quote]

I’ve lived in Calgary all my life and love it to death. I do, however, disagree with your opinion on the transit system. We’re like ten years behind everyone else in Canada. Calgary transit sucks pretty hard.

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

No. I’ve been following that MO for a while now. Doesn’t work. I’m not going to spend all my time in the school. Why go to a school where once I have free time, there ain’t shit for me to do outside of the place?

Fuck prestige. But then again… lol
[/quote]

Because school is only 4 years and it will pay off in the latter 40+ years of your life . If you are educated at a top notch school you’ll be very marketable no matter where you live. Delay instant gratification and think about the big picture. Move to wherever you want after you graduate.

There are also prestigious schools located in nice places to live. I like Boston,MA and there are plenty of good schools in and around that city.