Local Elections

Yay Kirk! C’mon Brady…

Silly liberals…we have Brown, Newsom and Boxer all making victory speeches…without concession speeches…I mean, Barbara Boxer is at the podium this very second thanking her supporters for her victory…just seconds ago, Fiorina just got done giving her speech…where she points out that only 36% of the votes are in and it’s a tie and regardless of what organizations are giving Boxer the win, she’s not conceding yet.

I hate that bitch (Boxer), claiming victory when you’re tied with your opponent…and your opponent refuses to concede yet…it’s going to be awesome if she loses and looks like the major idiot she is…and I can’t wait for her supporters to have to swallow their cheers…

It sucks that we got a republican governor here in Michigan. Republicans in general do not care about the everyday man.

I’m in deep South Texas which is primarily Hispanic (read Democrat) and only two Democrats won anything county wide this year. We even got rid of Solomon Ortiz in the House and his son from the state House.

Hey Clip how has voting Democrat gone for the state of Michigan? Seems to me that the Dems are the ones who do not care…
Oh and Benos its Senator Boxer she has worked very hard for that title…show some respect

[quote]jre67t wrote:
Oh and Benos its Senator Boxer she has worked very hard for that title…show some respect[/quote]

Only title I’d give her is Useless Bitch. Work hard my ass…she’s a dem in CA…that’s a shoe in…working hard is being a conservative politician in CA.

Maine has its first R governor since the early 90’s and now have R control of both state houses (so, House, Senate, and Gov) for the first time since the 50’s. The Dem controlled state for the past 4 decades has led to Maine recently being voted “50th friendliest state to do business in” (read: Dead worst).

Interestingly, we re-elected 2 of the most liberal Congress critters in the US House by large margins.

Go figure!

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Maine has its first R governor since the early 90’s and now have R control of both state houses (so, House, Senate, and Gov) for the first time since the 50’s. The Dem controlled state for the past 4 decades has led to Maine recently being voted “50th friendliest state to do business in” (read: Dead worst).

Interestingly, we re-elected 2 of the most liberal Congress critters in the US House by large margins.

Go figure![/quote]

Maine has the most useless R’s one can find in the senate. I hope that gets fixed when they are up. I consider Snowe and the other one Democratic RHINOS.

California has MUCH bigger problems coming, because Props 23 and 25 passed. Prop 23 is the Global Warming Law, which will now go into effect, watch the cost of gas and energy SKYROCKET. Prop 25 allows the state legislature to pass a simple budget with a simple majority. The problem is, they don’t have to abide by that budget. So they will pass some bullshit already flawed budget, then scream “we’re out of money” and go for another massive tax increase.

Benos I was using satire of when she asked a General to refer as that my friend… Keep up the good fight fellow friend…And for all yall folks out there I was once a liberal minority who hated the right…My eyes have opened and be happy as Hispanics have Conservative values we just have to push it thru in a good manner

Haha I knew it was satire…I remember that bitch telling that to General Petraeus…and not even calling him General…I hope she get’s hit by a bus…

Maximus, yeah…we’re pretty much screwed…I wonder how bad it will have to get before it gets better…

It will never get better, you will see the California job situation get even worse, when companies leave because of increased energy costs and taxes. These fuck-nuts don’t understand that companies are not going to pay the extra costs when there are nearby states that wont impose them on them. We have lunatics in office here.

[quote]clip11 wrote:
It sucks that we got a republican governor here in Michigan. Republicans in general do not care about the everyday man.[/quote]

Is that a joke? Because Jenny from the Bloc has been such a darling for the working man, right? Still waiting on those jobs Jenny, still waiting to be “blown away”.

Maybe now that we have an adult in charge, things will start to turn around.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
It will never get better, you will see the California job situation get even worse, when companies leave because of increased energy costs and taxes. These fuck-nuts don’t understand that companies are not going to pay the extra costs when there are nearby states that wont impose them on them. We have lunatics in office here. [/quote]

All right, you are doomed:

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Go figure![/quote]

Maine has the most useless R’s one can find in the senate. I hope that gets fixed when they are up. I consider Snowe and the other one Democratic RHINOS.
[/quote]

No argument there. However, that’s the reason they keep getting elected, because they’re essentially ‘conservative Democrats’ (ie. New England Republicans). They’ll eventually be replaced by two very left Senators.

In PA we had an overall shift to the republican party, but if you look at the votes there is pretty striking correlation between the level of welfare and unemployment in the county and the % that voted democrat.

what a strange coincidence.

Also find it funny, in an area that is starting to see a large influx of Latin King’s, Barletta finally got the nod for the house. He was the Mayor that tried to introduce fines for employing and renting to illegal immagrant’s.

Same here - total shift towards the GOP.
Only Detroit, Flint and one “welfare county” in the Upper Peninsula voted for the dems.