Loaded Carry Variations Advice

Hi everyone, while recovering from a shoulder injury I had to avoid overhead barbell carries, so I started doing a variation with the barbell held at shoulder height, without touching the pecs or sternum.
I find that it works shoulders, traps, rhomboids and biceps very hard and in a different way than overhead carries.
Has anyone tried this? Considering that the frontal position of the bar alters the equilibrium and it has to be compensated by the spine, do you reckon that this variation is good, bad or plain useless?
I was impressed by how hard it hit the biceps.
I put a video below. EDIT: it didn’t work.

Then: what about overhead dumbbell carries? Are they too unstable? I’ve never tried them but would really like to.
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Sorry, apparently the video is there but it doesn’t show on my iPad.

[quote]lorenzino wrote:
Hi everyone, while recovering from a shoulder injury I had to avoid overhead barbell carries, so I started doing a variation with the barbell held at shoulder height, without touching the pecs or sternum.
I find that it works shoulders, traps, rhomboids and biceps very hard and in a different way than overhead carries.
Has anyone tried this? Considering that the frontal position of the bar alters the equilibrium and it has to be compensated by the spine, do you reckon that this variation is good, bad or plain useless?

Then: what about overhead dumbbell carries? Are they too unstable? I’ve never tried them but would really like to.
Thanks in advance for your replies. [/quote]

Never tried OH carries like that.

I have incorporated single arm OH carry variations, in the last few months, to improve a weaker left shoulder. I haven’t used DB’s, but use KB’s a couple times a week. At work I have access to KB’s up to 55lbs, on my break I’ll grab a 25kb an arm and walk down the driveway ~900’ - without dropping - and walk back up the driveway in a shrugged position. My weaker shoulder has gotten significantly stronger and doesn’t feel unstable when OHP’ing closer to my 1rm.

I don’t know the specifics of your shoulder injury, but I’d give them a try, just start light.

Cheers, will give them a go for sure!

[quote]lorenzino wrote:

Thanks in advance for your replies. [/quote]

Sorry I find the skin tight pants and the fact that your groin is moving scarily close to the camera quite off putting…

I’m to upset to comment further

:0)