Still continuing the 3 scoops preworkout in the morning.
Bodyweight was up significantly. I’m guessing due to the creatine. 150.6 today, 148.7 yesterday, 147.5 the day before that, and 146.2 before that. My diet’s been more consistent too, as has the hydration, so it could be that too.
3 x 5sec each side
Squat Static Holds
280: 3 x 10s
210: 1 x 20; ~5 sec break after rep 15, ~10 sec break after rep 17
– was very hot and sweaty; the last 7 reps or so got pretty tough, arms and upper back got numb for a bit, my brain was telling me to just put my arms down since they felt too heavy to hold the bar up… i.e., let’s just balance the barbell on my back and squat, who needs hands?
– will be repeating this to get a true 20
25: 12, 12, 11
– used some Voltaren gel before working out; chest was hurting some, but I genuinely just couldn’t grind out the last rep; 2nd to last rep was a grinder, and didn’t have enough for another
Kneeling Straight-Arm Pulldowns
70: 18, 18, 15
– unexpected muscular failure; thought I’d at least get closer. Repeat until 3 x 18.
Standing BB Curls
80: 3 x 8
Standing BTN Press
90: 3 x 12
– the last couple reps in each set were pretty rough
Overall session wasn’t bad, but not great. Seems I go one session where I don’t quite get everything, then another where I do. But progress is progress.
The worst part about today was the overheating. Wunderground said “feels like 83”, but in the garage it was probably quite a bit hotter. After showering and mid-dinner, I started getting typical body-shutdown types of things from sheer overheating.
I’ll need to find a way to keep my body cooler since it’s only going to get hotter.
Pump after working out was good. I’m guessing the arginine and stuff in the preworkout are doing their job. What I look like post-workout surprises me, because I genuinely didn’t realize I could look like that. It has me looking forward to the future.
Also, doing everything in one day, and giving myself a full day’s recovery is a good move. My mind’s still thinking about training, but letting the anticipation of training build up is good.
Total session time today was right around 1 hour 20 minutes. That’s including time spent just cooling down.