LMAO!!!!

MAn gym day today topped this years funny moments for me. BUddy loads on 400+ pounds to go for a 1 rep max I assume, and what happens? He unloads it with a bunch of people watching, and falls flat on his ass with the weight, which crashes into the safety pins. Apparently unsatisfied with this attempt he tries it again after a few minutes, and BOOM!, again he falls flat on his ass as the weight crashes into the safety pins, which btw were set kind of low for him. There’s more though, apparently behind the neck jerks are catching on as well. I would’ve loved to see the guy doing those hit the back of his head while he jerked the weight up over his head. Seems kind of unnecessary when you can do regular clean and jerks or just a regular jerk movement. Oh yeah almost forgot about the girl doing db curls on one of those swiss balls. She was on her knees balancing on top of the ball while performing db curls. WHY???

[quote]Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.[/quote]-President Theodore Roosevelt

ok obviously when the weight drops you to your ass in 1 sec b/c you can’t control it AT ALL, then yeah you look like an ass. The behind the neck jerk seems dangerous, and to me offers no benefit over regular jerks. Finally DB curls on a swiss ball? Common what’s the point of that? To fall head first into the DB rack? Perhaps skiers could benefit from using the swiss ball, but not for DM curls.

damn anderson you just killed the LMAO :slight_smile:

I can see it happening once, but to try it again with the same weight after being pinned to the floor is stupid. Not to mention he wasn’t anywhere near // on his sets leading up to it.

the guy was squatting btw, i realize i forgot to mention that.

It’s all about pride. To crash and burn infront of a few people watching will do more than bruise your ego… it will DESTROY it. I guess the second attempt was to redeem himself. Apparently, he only dug his hole deeper…

…poor guy. He will probably now be forever know as “the fucking idiot who tried to be a hero with 400+” at his local gym. Hell, I’d go get myself a new membership somewhere else REAL fast LOL.

As for the woman on the ball… the balancing act was to work her abs while working arms (you know, the whole stabilizing thing). I say, work each muscle group separately and focus.

You know, them damn swiss balls are all kinds of useful.

I used to think folks were crazy for using them but after reading things on this site I’ve changed my view of the allmightry swissball.