Hi, this is a question that I’m sure (hope) some of you can help me out with…
Not to sure where to start… So I’ll keep it as short and sweet as possible.
I’m a Uni student (24) and I’m living with my girlfriend and some other lads. One of the lads is very strange and has taken a disliking to my girlfriend.
- We think he opened her mail once.
- He’s came into the living room once screaming and swinging a machete about.
- He bought a hammer and stood behind me once without me knowing and stood with it raised above his head as if to strike me with it.
- He very sly and lies a lot.
- He oversteps boundaries in a very small way making it hard to confront him.
- He intimidates my girlfriend in ways I can’t call him out on and always when I am not there. (if I did confront and get in an fight/argument I would be in the wrong in everybody’s eyes - including the laws and I would likely just make the situation worse)
I don’t know what to do. I’m not scared of him but I’m scared of what he might do when I’m not there. (A requirement of my course means there’s a big chance I might be away for 6 weeks in 2 periods of the academic year - luckily this hasn’t happened and I can stay where I am)
My girlfriend is becoming increasingly unhappy and I’m increasingly losing patience.
We are living with different people next year which can’t come quick enough, but what do I do in the meantime? I’m hoping I keep my temper and/or the tension doesn’t break and we can leave the house peacefully.
I just don’t know how to deal with as strange and unpredictable as this. I’m fine with openly aggressive people but this insidious creeping feeling of having to watch my back and most importantly my girlfriends is very hard to deal with., especially in an environment I can’t take us out of at the moment
Sorry for the length but any advice would be greatly appreciated.