Living Longer

Didn’t know where else to post this.

I guess it’s unusual to think about this at the age of 22, but I want to live longer. WAY longer. I have so much to accomplish, and so many dreams and ambitions, that I can’t bear to imagine my health beginning to deteriorate by the age of 45 (like my father’s is doing). I want to be healthy and injury-free for decades to come!

So, I’m starting to wonder what I can do to live a healthier, longer life. I’d love to hear from you guys on ways to increase one’s life expectancy.

In addition to that, I would expect many people on a bodybuilding website to have a “live now, worry later” attitude. How does everyone feel about sacrificing something today (very heavy weights, unhealthy food, alcohol/drugs) in order to gain something tomorrow? Is there anyone opposed to seriously prolonged lifespans in the upcoming years (120 years+)?

G

1 Like

I’d be happy to live into my 70’s - but you can’t be guaranteed anything.

Just do as much as you can (and want to) as soon as you can. You could live the ‘perfect’ lifestyle and die in an accident.

Simple things to prolong your life would be don’t smoke, don’t drink/drink in very moderate amounts and exercise on the regular.

Years of scientific studies show that men who swallow other men’s man goo live 10 years longer than men that don’t…get on it now before it’s too late…obviously no one ever told your dad…but…it’s not too late…studies show even men as old as 53 that develop a taste for cum can turn back the clock dramatically…don’t let your dad deteriorate another minute…walk away from the computer and tell him about how the 2 of you are going to start sucking some cock together to make sure you don’t lose out on all your dreams and ambitions…no need to thank me…the smile on you and your dad’s jizz-covered faces will be thanks enough.

L’chaim!

Only resveratrol & calorie restriction have proven to extend the lives of lab rats and bugs and shit. The hell with calorie restriction so take Rez-V. Start with a low dose, about 200mg in the morning and see if you tolerate it. Some people don’t tolerate it and those people (about 7 percent if I remember right) experience joint pain, so look for joint pain, especially fingers in the morning, to know if it’s ok for you. I doubt you will “feel” any different being in your 20s. Starting in my forties I do notice a difference.

Eat healthy, stay away from drugs. Be active.

Lifting heavy weights probably helps with staying healthy into your later years. Bone density, range of motion, maintaining muscle mass. If your smart about it I don’t see why it wouldn’t be anything other than a good thing.

Purely a subjective story with no scientific credibility. My brother who is less than 3 years older than me visited this summer. It was kind of breaking my heart because every time I looked at my big brother I kept seeing ‘old guy’. We both exercise regularly, the differences being he does “routeins” like Extensions, Curls & Toe Presses. I Squat & Deadlift and always try to push my limits. He eats packaged meals, I cook mine. He’s had a stressful career, mines a comparative cake walk. Maybe I’m in for a strong dose of reality over the next three years, but I really think I will still look better nekkid and be more athletic than 90 percent of 20 year olds.

Don’t smoke. And always wear a seat belt.

And if your health starts going to shit when you hit 45, you’re probably doing something wrong.

Be a woman. Somehow many of them outlive men.

SUPERFOOD will make you live til your 200.

[quote]Mikaj wrote:
Be a woman. Somehow many of them outlive men.[/quote]

This is because there has been more smoking among men. As this trend is now turning, expect the opposite.

[quote]G87 wrote:
In addition to that, I would expect many people on a bodybuilding website to have a “live now, worry later” attitude. How does everyone feel about sacrificing something today (very heavy weights, unhealthy food, alcohol/drugs) in order to gain something tomorrow? Is there anyone opposed to seriously prolonged lifespans in the upcoming years (120 years+)?

G[/quote]

I’d like to live into old age, but I really wouldn’t mind going early. Like Philippians 1:21 says, “For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” It’d definitely be cool to experience what old age has to offer, but I can’t imagine finally standing before God and being bummed out that I never got to yell at those kids that are always playing on my lawn.

[quote]espenl wrote:
This is because there has been more smoking among men. As this trend is now turning, expect the opposite.[/quote]

Ummmm…no…all around no.

I watched my grandmother live to 100 and decided that if I make it to 90 I’m going to start smoking again. And I might start heroin too. Now if science can give me an excellent quality of life at that age, then that’s a different story.

Luck and a strong will to live, fuck science.

V

Nobody mentioned that bodybuilding is the opposite spectrum of wanting to live as long as possible, it taxes your heart and causes high metabolic rate, which is the opposite of what you would want when wanting to live as long as possible

[quote]debraD wrote:
if I make it to 90 I’m going to start smoking again. And I might start heroin too. [/quote]

If you’re going to be that wild, you should definitely add ‘reverse anal cowgirl Sen Say’s 90 year-old prune-like viagara-inspired hardon’…there’s quite a few gals lining up already…don’t get left out you Marlboro-loving, smack-addict hottie!

[quote]optheta wrote:
Nobody mentioned that bodybuilding is the opposite spectrum of wanting to live as long as possible, it taxes your heart and causes high metabolic rate, which is the opposite of what you would want when wanting to live as long as possible[/quote]

ummmm…

[quote]sen say wrote:
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS[/quote]

Is this really how a man of your age should be spending his time?

[quote]debraD wrote:
I watched my grandmother live to 100 and decided that if I make it to 90 I’m going to start smoking again. And I might start heroin too. Now if science can give me an excellent quality of life at that age, then that’s a different story.[/quote]

Yeah, I should’ve specified, but I assume that life extension involves being at your peak for longer and aging slower, i.e. a higher quality of life for longer. I don’t want to live to be 120 if I’m frail, sickly and powerless for 50 of those years!

[quote]optheta wrote:
Nobody mentioned that bodybuilding is the opposite spectrum of wanting to live as long as possible, it taxes your heart and causes high metabolic rate, which is the opposite of what you would want when wanting to live as long as possible[/quote]

Yep… My girlfriend right now is a doctor, and she’s got me worrying about my heart now :(. Has me thinking of ways to lift heavy but put a less extreme strain on my heart.

[quote]sen say wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

ummmm…[/quote]

ummmmm what?

Also, one more comment… As fucked up as it is to say this, this line of thought has me reconsidering lifting, or at least reconsidering HOW I lift. I’m 22, and I’m already accumulating some pains and injuries from my favorite hobby. I love having a great body, and I love being able to eat a lot, but most of all, I just love lifting and sports in general. But if working myself hard means that I’m gonna be a wreck by 40-45, maybe I should do something else that I can enjoy for the rest of my life?

I don’t know if I really feel this way, but I’m definitely exploring that line of thought. Saying “no” to lifting would be incredibly difficult, but being injury-ridden, or wearing out my heart/joints/whatever before my time would be even worse. As an alternative, I’m just thinking of changing HOW I workout; giving up HIIT, and making my workouts less CNS-intensive, and working my muscles hard while placing less stress on my system. Meh, who knows.

I was watching Next World, and they were talking about finding ways to make Resveratrol more accessible to the body and blablabla.

They said we’d have the technology to double our lifespan (and not live like a 90 year old) within the next 2 decades.

That would be awesome.

If, at 22 years of age, you are already in the process of trashing your joints, you need to start listening to your body more because you’re doing something terribly wrong.

What is it that you do that makes you so concerned about your heart/nervous system, and how do you plan on working your muscles hard while placing less stress on your system?

Is your MD gf telling you that lifting is bad for your ticker, or something?