Living in the New World Order

What will it be like? Will it be like Huxley’s Brave New World, or more like Orwell’s disutopic visions?

My first thought is PRICE CONTROLS. So that gov’t can spend without repercussions, I look for rigidly enforce price controls.

Thoughts, anyone?

Well, considering that at least half the population has been brainwashed into thinking that the principal economic problem is “GREED” I wouldn’t be surprised if, what with their being pinheads and all, those some voters would cheer politicians calling for price controls.

And since Obama has never heard a plan increasing government power that he didn’t like, it would be easy to see him thinking it a good plan as well.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Well, considering that at least half the population has been brainwashed into thinking that the principal economic problem is “GREED” I wouldn’t be surprised if, what with their being pinheads and all, those some voters would cheer politicians calling for price controls.

And since Obama has never heard of a plan that would increase government power that he didn’t like, it would be easy to see him thinking it a good plan as well.[/quote]

Makes perfect sense…employ thousands to enforce the controls, like in WWII. They can then spend with impunity. Imported items would rise in price, of course, and our trading partners would be pissed. They’d then have to emulate us.

Its easy to do with credit and debit cards proliferating.

I suspect also that everyone will be given an annual income, similar to unemployment comp now.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
What will it be like? Will it be like Huxley’s Brave New World, or more like Orwell’s disutopic visions?

My first thought is PRICE CONTROLS. So that gov’t can spend without repercussions, I look for rigidly enforce price controls.

Thoughts, anyone?[/quote]

I would prefer Huxley’s view of a Utopia from the Island than his Distopia if that is alright with everyone.

The New World Order will be corporate run. Nation-states will be obsolete.

[quote]Spartiates wrote:
The New World Order will be corporate-state run. Free markets will be obsolete.[/quote]

FTFY

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

FTFY[/quote]

What does this stand for?
I have seen it a few times and remain unable to figure out.

[quote]Alpha F wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

FTFY

What does this stand for?
I have seen it a few times and remain unable to figure out.

[/quote]

FTFY = fixed that for you.

Who cares. Build businesses make lots of $$$ and pray for Health and Wealth. BE independent and disconnected from all the Political BS and live your life. Nothing will change. You will pay your mortgage, taxes and send your kids to school. Sometimes the more things change the more they stay the same.