Living in Smalltown, USA

In my case, the whole state of Maine is a small town.

From the local paper:

Driver punches headlight back on

WINSLOW - Police stopped a vehicle that had its passenger-side headlight out at 1:47 a.m. today, on Bay Street.

According to the report filed by Officer Haley Fleming, the operator stepped out of the vehicle and punched the headlight. The headlight came on and was functional, and no action on the part of police was required.

http://news.mainetoday.com/updates/033472.html

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

From the local paper:

WINSLOW - Police stopped a vehicle that had its passenger-side headlight out at 1:47 a.m. today, on Bay Street.

According to the report filed by Officer Haley Fleming, the operator stepped out of the vehicle and punched the headlight. The headlight came on and was functional, and no action on the part of police was required.

[/quote]

Wow. That made the papers?

I didn’t even post the story about the call to police about a noise. They came to investigate, but determined it was just the wind.

LOL.

We interrupt this broad cast! A moose has been spotted licking salt off a back road and all people are warned against going near him! NO ONE BE A HERO!

haha

hahaha…i grew up in NB canada, right on the border to you. Nothing beat “crossing the lines” for red hot dogs and cheap milk. Small town indeed.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
I didn’t even post the story about the call to police about a noise. They came to investigate, but determined it was just the wind.[/quote]

Lol!

I love Maine though. Actually all of northern New England is absolutely gorgeous.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

From the local paper:

[/quote]

As an East Texan…I can say that living in Lewiston-Auburn…and Lisbon Falls was quite the experience for me…along with having short stint as jailer for Androscoggin Co.

I do miss the summers there…it was funny hearing people complain about 80 degree weather.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
I didn’t even post the story about the call to police about a noise. They came to investigate, but determined it was just the wind.[/quote]

That’s funny as hell man.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

As an East Texan…I can say that living in Lewiston-Auburn…and Lisbon Falls was quite the experience for me…along with having short stint as jailer for Androscoggin Co.

[/quote]

HA! Of all places! Just for perspective L-A is the 2nd largest ‘urban’ area in the state… all 30k of them…

Just for more perspective, Augusta is the state capitol and the 4th largest ‘city’ in the state. This report comprises a couple hundred square miles. Oh, the crime!!

AUGUSTA
THURSDAY

At 9:38 p.m., mischief was reported on Worcester Street.

10:28 p.m., there was a disturbance on Western Avenue.

10:45 p.m., an assault was reported at a Darin Drive business.

10:57 p.m., there was a disturbance on Worcester Street.

FRIDAY

At 12:20 a.m., there was a disturbance on Water Street.

1:20 a.m., disorderly conduct was reported on Piggery Road.

5:01 a.m., Edgar Souder, 20, of Waterville, was arrested at the Kennebec County jail on State Street on a warrant charging probation revocation.

BELGRADE

FRIDAY

At 5:45 a.m., a suspicious vehicle was reported on Taylor Woods Road.

CHINA

THURSDAY

At 8:40 p.m., there was an accident on Route 3.

MONMOUTH

THURSDAY

At 10:14 p.m., there was an accident on Bog Road.

FRIDAY

At 8:36 a.m., there was a complaint of threatening on Warren Road.

9:31 a.m., there was anr alarm at the transfer station.

VASSALBORO

FRIDAY

At 10:20 a.m., theft was reported on Cushnoc Road.

1:02 p.m., a theft was reported on Crowell Hill Road.

WINDSOR

THURSDAY

At 2:39 p.m., an assault was reported on Sampson Road.

WINTHROP

THURSDAY

At 5:56 p.m., disorderly conduct was reported on Summer Street.

FRIDAY

At 7:56 a.m., there was an alarm on Robinhood Drive.

8:38 p.m., there was a suspicious person on Memorial Drive.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

lol Post it!!!

I’m north of you in a village of 1700 (New Brunswick). People here sit around their ham radios like they’re television sets and I think to myself - what the heck are you listening for?

[quote]MsM wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
I didn’t even post the story about the call to police about a noise. They came to investigate, but determined it was just the wind.

lol Post it!!!

I’m north of you in a village of 1700 (New Brunswick). People here sit around their ham radios like they’re television sets and I think to myself - what the heck are you listening for?[/quote]

HA! That’s the joke-- I did post it!! The whole story: “A strange noise was reported. Police came to investigate, but determined is was the wind.” LMAO! Talk about newsworthy!

NB, eh? Glad to know you’re in the neighborhood! I have distant family in “Beersville, NB” :wink:

I remember when I went to UConn and I was driving in one morning. The big story on the radio was that the Mansfield manuer spreader had broken down on one of the main streets and thet had to close down the road. It was the biggest story we had all week, lol.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
MsM wrote:
SteelyD wrote:

lol Post it!!!

I’m north of you in a village of 1700 (New Brunswick). People here sit around their ham radios like they’re television sets and I think to myself - what the heck are you listening for?

HA! That’s the joke-- I did post it!! The whole story: “A strange noise was reported. Police came to investigate, but determined is was the wind.” LMAO! Talk about newsworthy!

NB, eh? Glad to know you’re in the neighborhood! I have distant family in “Beersville, NB” ;)[/quote]

Oh boy. That was the story? Ha!

Beersville? Wow, that’s practically close to civilization! I’m just NW of there.

You know I’m digging out my newspaper here now, right? :slight_smile:

Jesus, your town is a reporter’s nightmare. I’d off myself.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Jesus, your town is a reporter’s nightmare. I’d off myself.[/quote]

LOL. Once you did, though, you’d have a story.

…but no reporter to report it.

Dang looks like Worcester Street is pretty tough.

Nice.

I grew up in Bath/Brunswick. Damn, I miss Maine.

[quote]elano wrote:
Dang looks like Worcester Street is pretty tough.[/quote]

LOL.

I tried to find a street that was repeated on that list to try to think of a witty joke to say about it. I didnt think two mentions warranted a witty joke.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
elano wrote:
Dang looks like Worcester Street is pretty tough.

LOL.

I tried to find a street that was repeated on that list to try to think of a witty joke to say about it. I didnt think two mentions warranted a witty joke.[/quote]

Normally it wouldn’t but with all the mischief and disturbances going on over there…