Living Conditions Rant

Im just so stressed and annoyed right now at my current situation. Its my senior year in high school and im basically living in between 3 houses and bringing a bag of clothes with me where ever i go. About a month ago the landlord wouldnt renew the lease for the apartment me and mother lived in so we were basically forced to move. My mother got a 1 bedroom in yonkers while i stay at my grandmothers during the week so im close to school.

Doesn’t sound so bad but the room i live in at my grandmothers is pretty much a closet and everytime i walk in here i feel like im just closed in. The apartment i have in yonkers is way to small for more than 1 person and is to far for me to travel back and forth to with the money i dont have for gas. I mean it shouldnt be this bad but every weekend my grandma feels the need to go see my uncle(her son) thats about an hour and a half away but i cant go because i have work and i need the money.

My mom goes up to her boyfriends on the weekends which is in a different county. And i dont have the gas money to make it between yonkers and my job which is basically up the street from my grandmothers, so my friend basically lets me stay at his house on the weekends. Ive never felt so depressed in my life. I feel like i have no where to go. I know plenty of people have it much worse than me but man this sucks.

man that felt good to get out

Take a bus to school or work.

Do you have a roof over your head? Do you have food in your stomach? If the answer to those two questions is yes, then quit bitching.

It’ll pass. Everyone has rough patches.

Don’t let it get ya down.

Work hard and get out of the situation, be it through school or at your job.

Did you honestly say you had no where to go but listed 3 places? Quit being a bitch.

Seriously bro, i have no sympathy for you…try living in a studio apartment in jamaica queens with 5 people then you can tlk…shit happens, the way you react to it determines what kinda man you are.

You got it harder then I had it when I was in HS. Work your ass off and hang in there. Use this as motivation to do great in school, get a good job and never have to worry about stuff like this again.

[quote]ss847859 wrote:
You got it harder then I had it when I was in HS. Work your ass off and hang in there. Use this as motivation to do great in school, get a good job and never have to worry about stuff like this again.[/quote]

Well said

i just wanna say thank you to the people that showed some support. To santa, john and steven i would just like to say fuck you. First of all i said it feels like i have a no where to go and thats simply because i feel as if im in the way, and if you could read i also said i no there are plenty of other people who have it much worse then me.

well fuck you too cry baby.

cry baby? haha no doubt man

Good to be a communist is supppose.

-chris

I feel for you, BroLac. Nothing lasts forever and there is no where to go but up from here. Good luck man, don’t let people on the Internet get you upset.

Get outside more, take a look at other people. There are plenty of them that have cars and houses and money for gas and are still perfectly pissed off. I got my liscense suspended a while ago, so now I get to ride my bike. It’s actually a nice deal. I save plenty of money on gas. I’m also realizing how much driving I used to do. It’s about 7 miles one way to the gym. 5 to the grocer, and a couple to my job. I’m riding about 30 miles a day in the midwest november weather, plus lifting or MMA training, plus work, plus being a full-time university student. Im happy as hell.

“There is an idea that life is born of struggle and striving, that true joy and understanding do not come from comfort and safety, they come from epiphany born in exaustion (and not exhaustion for its own sake). Safety and comfort are mortal dangers to the soul.”

BroLac –

Yes, your situation sucks.

My d (who is 20 now) – her BF while she was in HS was in a similar situation. His Mom lost her small 1 BR apartment, had to move into a studio – and he as the oldest had to fend for himself. He made it by staying in town at his best friend’s house during the week, and visiting his uncle on the weekends.

It was a tough tough year for the guy. And I have no doubt this is difficult for you.

its your last year of high school, and your living situation is challenging.

I’m going to say what some others have said – do your best this year to finish school and look to your future. And don’t go it alone – get support from your friends – and don’t use this as an excuse to get into trouble!

Pete

[quote]DickBag wrote:
xvsanta42 wrote:
Seriously bro, i have no sympathy for you…try living in a studio apartment in jamaica queens with 5 people then you can tlk…shit happens, the way you react to it determines what kinda man you are.

My uncle rented an old georgian style condemned building to a 4 nurses from the philopeens in the heart of dublin city without a lock on the door and easily about 300 pigeons inside with a rotten roof and no windows in some of the rooms. ( maybe thats how all the pigeons got in). the whole place was covered in pigeon shit. he cleaned up one room for the nurses but it was still crap lol

The health inspecter found out and said it was not fit for pigs. It got on the news and my uncle looked like an evil landlord which was funny. he got in alot of trouble over it.

i moved in there right after and lived there for two years for free. i had to crawl up an acro into a back window so no one one would see that the place was being lived in. it was that bad

i´ve seen some of the most evil looking bald pigeons in that house. they woke me up every morning with their “cooeing”. i used to go to the pharmacy for scabies relief cream and flies bites cream frequently. the pharmacist got to know me
i lived like this for 2 years and there was a 4 year old cat shit in the middle of my bedroon that no one cleaned up. it was mainly dust so i didnt care about it. i know it was four years old because i helped move furniture out of there when i was 14 and it was fresher looking then.

but those hardship years were the best years of my life. even though i never got laid

OP suck it up

suffering is the best way to prepare for your future

be proud.

[/quote]

you got me there dickbag lol…but ur rite, best years…