T Nation

Livin' on a Prayer Homework Help

Got some stupid assignment where I gotta talk about what “livin’ on a prayer” means from the livin’ on a prayer song by bon jovi… anyone wanna help me?

Depending on your teacher, you should get points by pointing out the obvious Bruce Springstein influence in this song (Springstein-Bon Jovi both from New Jersey). The whole, “nobody told me it was gonna be this tough…” “me and my girl against the world…” type of theme.

It is very appropriate for these current economic times. Over 80% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, and many are just a few missed paychecks away from losing their homes…, foreclosures at an all time high…
The basic premise of the song is: things are going to be tough, but if you keep the faith, and stick together, you can make it through these tough times.
Give it a shot!

What do you need help with?

To live ‘on a prayer’ means that you are only able to live each day because you ‘pray’ that things can only get better at some point, hence the phrase.

Capische? Now stop slacking off and write that paper.

You need to include at least one paragraph scolding your teacher for living the world according to Bon Jovi.

Think about it - you are writing a paper based on a stupid song from Bon fucking Jovi.

I liked them about 20 year ago, and I always thought “Dead or Alive” kicked the shit out of “Livin’ On A Prayer”.

Is this a troll or are some people that stupid?

Talk about life on a dock.

Then, you’re halfway there.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Talk about life on a dock.

Then, you’re halfway there.[/quote]

You know too many of the words. Who knew TB was the guy on the front row rocking a mullet and tight pants 20 years ago?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
You need to include at least one paragraph scolding your teacher for living the world according to Bon Jovi.

Think about it - you are writing a paper based on a stupid song from Bon fucking Jovi.

[/quote]

I know its such bullshit… I don’t even like this song and I gotta write a 10 page essay on it… fuck