Liver Tabs

i’ve seen those around…but anybody knows what they actually are for? the only thing i can find is that they are 1)extra protein 2)amino acids 3)vitamins and other goodies. anyone knows how it works?

Cheers,
Trying

[quote]Trying wrote:
i’ve seen those around…but anybody knows what they actually are for? the only thing i can find is that they are 1)extra protein 2)amino acids 3)vitamins and other goodies. anyone knows how it works?

Cheers,
Trying[/quote]

You pretty much got it all right there… its nothing magic… just liver.

They were basically the precursor to modern day BCAAs. Liver tabs have been around since long before BCAAs.

Dessicated liver tabs are used for extra protein with meals and between meals, much the same way folks use BCAAs today.

There’s nothing too special about them.

They work fine for extra protein. BCAAs probably work better (Leucine in particular).

I eat 2 with 3-4 meals. They are cheap and they add an extra boost of all around goodness to every meal.

Get universals brand- Uni-Liver

I take liver tabs because of anemia and have had favorable blood tests.

of course I suppose I could gnaw on calf parts like a zombie and suck up the marrow and all that. but the Live tabs take less effort.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

I take liver tabs because of anemia and have had favorable blood tests.

of course I suppose I could gnaw on calf parts like a zombie and suck up the marrow and all that. but the Live tabs take less effort.

[/quote]

Hi OG,

How much and how often do you take them?

My bride is anemic. I’d like to get her to try this.
I know I won’t get her to buy in to the calf parts
either.

Thanks,

Rick

I was strongly considering trying this protocol.

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/gain_1_inch.htm

Until I did the math and sw just how many liver tabs you would have to take in a day / month.

Then of course there’s beef liver itself.

It is considerably cheaper than calves liver, but whatever taste difference there might be is too subtle for me.

It is an easy job to wrap 8 slices (from two packages) of beef liver separately in aluminum foil, bake, and save in the refrigerator.

Not bad with Thai peanut satay sauce.

beverly international liver is the best!!
The leanest i ever got in my life was when i followed there program!
tons of liver pills with meals

I love them with aminos at each meal as it spares your protein when your eating low carb!! thats the true magic with them!!

are they liver support tabs?

[quote]playeri10 wrote:
are they liver support tabs?[/quote]

No. Actual liver tablets.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Then of course there’s beef liver itself.

It is considerably cheaper than calves liver, but whatever taste difference there might be is too subtle for me.

It is an easy job to wrap 8 slices (from two packages) of beef liver separately in aluminum foil, bake, and save in the refrigerator.

Not bad with Thai peanut satay sauce.[/quote]

When consuming straight beef liver how do you tell how many grams you have consumed. For example would you be able to follow that protocol of Elite FTS using actual beef liver? Is it as easy as weighing it?

Well, I haven’t concerned myself with following a specific protocol found someplace else.

But if wanting to match a given thing, one could find out how many grams of protein are in the amount of dessicated liver specified, and then use the USDA Nutrient Database to find out what weight of raw liver is needed to give that amount of protein.

A potential advantage though of dessicated, defatted Argentinian beef liver is that since it has not been cooked, it may be (may be) that there are substances found in it which are of benefit but which lose their value after cooking.

And as for myself, I don’t care for the idea of eating raw liver. Raw eggs, okay, but raw liver, no thanks.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Well, I haven’t concerned myself with following a specific protocol found someplace else.

But if wanting to match a given thing, one could find out how many grams of protein are in the amount of dessicated liver specified, and then use the USDA Nutrient Database to find out what weight of raw liver is needed to give that amount of protein.

A potential advantage though of dessicated, defatted Argentinian beef liver is that since it has not been cooked, it may be (may be) that there are substances found in it which are of benefit but which lose their value after cooking.

And as for myself, I don’t care for the idea of eating raw liver. Raw eggs, okay, but raw liver, no thanks.[/quote]

Thanks.