T Nation

Liver Protection

Anyone tried Liver Longer by Thermolife?
They make some bold claims regarding its protective nature when using 17Alk orals, referring to clincal studies and how research has proven its worth.

I did drop them a line requesting more info reference the studies / research but unsuprisingly have heard F*** all.
The magic ingredient quoted is
Tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA) @ 250mg
although I am yet to find anything conclusive regarding its effectiveness.

Any thoughts?

I’ve always thought the hype about liver damage is overblown. People seem to forget the liver possesses an amazing regenerative ability.

Considering how much damage it takes when people consume aspirin, salt, and countless other things (far more than damage by 17aa’s), yet there is rarely any diagnosed cases of cirrhosis caused to only these, which are a part of our daily lives. I personally don’t know anybody that stays on 17aa’s all year long.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
I’ve always thought the hype about liver damage is overblown. People seem to forget the liver possesses an amazing regenerative ability.

Considering how much damage it takes when people consume aspirin, salt, and countless other things (far more than damage by 17aa’s), yet there is rarely any diagnosed cases of cirrhosis caused to only these, which are a part of our daily lives. I personally don’t know anybody that stays on 17aa’s all year long.[/quote]

Bro…not only that…but what about those people who consume a quart of booze a day and live for a long-long time. Not to mention the fellas who really inject a ton of juice, without liver protection, or PCT that have zero neg affects.

I’m not saying that liver protection should not be used, but as you mentioned, it’s one tough son of gun.

Exactly!

The liver is the Rocky Marciano of organs.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Exactly!

The liver is the Rocky Marciano of organs.[/quote]

Yeah…and Rocky Balboa :slight_smile:

Fish Oils man they help the liver a ton.