T Nation

Liver Health

I have not used any orals yet, but i the future i plan to.
I want to make sure i am doing all i can to keep my liver in “good” condition.
i know there are arguments on how dangerous orals can be (some people saying orals cause no damage or verry little if any, others saying they are very toxic)

Would taking milk thistle whenever i pop orals such as 40mg of d-bol be suffiecent?
I would rather just be on the safe side.

They are very toxic but if you have kept a clean liver most of your life and limited damage to it then a one of cycle shouldn’t do you to much harm. probably about as much as a hardcore 2 week bender on the booze lol.
Defo worth getting the thistles but to stay on the safe side :wink:

All of the good orals are Alkylated (17aa). Alkylation is what allows the steroid to pass the liver. If it wasn’t alkylated it would be filtered by the liver. Anyone who says they aren’t bad for your liver is an idiot. They do damage your liver and milk thistle does help. With occasional use and proper care most or all of the damage can be mitigated or reversed with PCT and milk thistle or OTC cycle assist products. Dbol is also known to raise blood pressure.

You could use an OTC like Cycle Assist that has hawthorne berry, milk thistle and many other ingredients. It is made to help with oral steroid cycles. If you want to go inexpensive you could get away with just the milk thistle, but how much is your health worth?

[quote]installglass wrote:
All of the good orals are Alkylated (17aa). Alkylation is what allows the steroid to pass the liver. If it wasn’t alkylated it would be filtered by the liver. Anyone who says they aren’t bad for your liver is an idiot. They do damage your liver and milk thistle does help. With occasional use and proper care most or all of the damage can be mitigated or reversed with PCT and milk thistle or OTC cycle assist products. Dbol is also known to raise blood pressure.

You could use an OTC like Cycle Assist that has hawthorne berry, milk thistle and many other ingredients. It is made to help with oral steroid cycles. If you want to go inexpensive you could get away with just the milk thistle, but how much is your health worth?[/quote]
ok, thanks man, i will deffinetly pick up a cycle assist product, sounds completely worth it.

liv 52