T Nation

Live: Olympia Results

Just getting out of the Olympia. Had the privilege of sitting next to the new Mr. O’s family. Good times.

For those interested:

Mr. Olympia

1. Gustavo Badell
  2. Moe Elmoussawi
  3. Dennis James
  4. Silvio Samuel
  5. Melvin Anthony
  6. Toney Freeeman
  7. Dennis Wolf
  8. Phil Heath
  9. Jay Cutler
  10. Dexter Jackson

Jay was a thick monster, but maybe too thick, very big in the waist. Might have hurt him.

Biggest boo’s came with the placing of Wolf and Freeman. The crowd wanted them in the top three it seemed.

Figure

1. Sonia Adcock
  2. Mary Elizabeth Lado
  3. Jenny Lynn
  4. Zivile Raudonoene
  5. Gina Aliotti
  6. Jennifer Gates

Time for some after-party debauchery…

PS: Full article on Olympia Weekend events coming soon.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Jay was a thick monster, but maybe too thick, very big in the waist. Might have hurt him.
[/quote]

Newsflash dude, Jays waist has been thick for years. He lost on shitty conditioning in the prejuding. He didn’t replicate his previous size in '06, or his conditioning in '01. But hey, I don’t expect the writers here to pay attention to how the contest went down. I mean, no one here wants to look like any of those bloated fuckers that lack real world strength anyways right?..

Wow - Dex is Mr. O.

Holy shit - that’s awesome. : )

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Wow - Dex is Mr. O.

Holy shit - that’s awesome. : )[/quote]

And with the rest of the lineup (minus Jay), I don’t think anybody can complain about blocky and distended waistlines, out of shape/near heart disease dudes and all that shit…

Go dex.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Figure

1. Sonia Adcock
  2. Mary Elizabeth Lado
  3. Jenny Lynn
  4. Zivile Raudonoene
  5. Gina Aliotti
  6. Jennifer Gates
    [/quote]

Damn it, I wanted Gina to win :wink:

[quote]BlackSabbath wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:

Newsflash dude, Jays waist has been thick for years. He lost on shitty conditioning in the prejuding. He didn’t replicate his previous size in '06, or his conditioning in '01. But hey, I don’t expect the writers here to pay attention to how the contest went down. I mean, no one here wants to look like any of those bloated fuckers that lack real world strength anyways right?..[/quote]

The fact that it was even covered is a step in the right direction.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Wow - Dex is Mr. O.

Yeah, finally! It’s about time pro-bodybuilding actually resembled perfect physiques. Jackson and Henry are awesome. Maybe this will change the tide, and the waistlines, from now on.

nice Jackson fucking rules. good for him hes deserved it for quite some time.

He’s got to be the most proportional O for a long time

How come someone like Chris Shugart attended the Olympia?

That’s exactly what I was wondering…

[quote]engerland66 wrote:

The fact that it was even covered is a step in the right direction.[/quote]

LOL!!!

Yes, on a bodybuilding board, covering bodybuilding shows is a “step in the right direction”.

I’m wondering if all the chics in attendance were commenting on how gross all the bodybuilders there and that they wouldn’t dare speak, date, or fuck any of 'em! :slight_smile:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
How come someone like Chris Shugart attended the Olympia? [/quote]

a) He gets paid to be there, I guess.
b) TC forced him at gunpoint to attend and write an article in order to appease us? :wink:

Not that I’m complaining or anything. I too think that it’s a step in the right direction.

Edit: Yes, as embarrassing as it is.

I think its a great step too! T-Nation used to have a lot more bodybuilding content. Who remembers Nelson Montana’s and Ron Harris’ articles on here?

I used to love Ron’s articles. I still read the ones he currently puts out in MD and Ironman. A bodybuilder who writes for guys like us. His “A Bodybuilder is Born” articles in Ironman, although being simplistic (what a concept these days), are valuable and would do world of wonders for average wannabe or aspiring bodybuilders compared to some of the pseudo-scientific technical shit out there.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Wow - Dex is Mr. O.

Agreed. I was really happy when I read that. I’ve always been a big fan of Dex and was hoping he wasn’t going to be another one of those bodybuilders that goes his whole career without winning Mr. O.

With Wolf, Heath, Freeman and Anthony all placing well, I hope this really opens up the field in the next few years and gives us some interesting future Mr. O contests.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I think its a great step too! T-mag used to have a lot more bodybuilding content. Who remembers Nelson Montana’s and Ron Harris’ articles on here?

I used to love Ron’s articles. I still read the ones he currently puts out in MD and Ironman. A bodybuilder who writes for guys like us. His “A Bodybuilder is Born” articles in Ironman, although being simplistic (what a concept these days), are valuable and would do world of wonders for average wannabe or aspiring bodybuilders compared to some of the pseudo-scientific technical shit out there. [/quote]

Goddamnit, I keep thinking “Tucker Max” each time I see your avatar.
Do you get as many “low-IQ, but hot anyway”-chicks as he does?

I guess TC can hire some BB guy again, now that we have a Mr. Olympia who actually looks great and aesthetic and whatnot.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Bricknyce wrote:
How come someone like Chris Shugart attended the Olympia?

a) He gets paid to be there, I guess.
b) TC forced him at gunpoint to attend and write an article in order to appease us? :wink:

Not that I’m complaining or anything. I too think that it’s a step in the right direction.

Edit: Yes, as embarrassing as it is.[/quote]

Why would he get paid to be there? Who wouldn’t wanna go to the Olympia, Vegas is already the place to be.

On second note, Jay Cutler in 2nd Place is a joke. The dude looked worse than last year.
It should have been -

1. Dexter
  2. Phil
  3. Wolf
  4. Tony
  5. Jay

Oh yeah, and David Henry looked amazing, congrats to him.

Sweet, congrats to the Blade! I’m glad he finally won, he has paid his dues long enough.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
engerland66 wrote:

The fact that it was even covered is a step in the right direction.

LOL!!!

Yes, on a bodybuilding board, covering bodybuilding shows is a “step in the right direction”.[/quote]

Are you saying you are not a little bit surprised that Shugart covered the Olympia? I am.