Littlelee Lifting And Sleeping Log

Thanks to everyone for suggestions on how to chill. Gonna go back to an old hobby, which is new to me, but I get joy from;
Oil painting

8 Likes

Beautiful! I havenā€™t painted in a while now. Itā€™s always fun :grin:

Do you oil paint? Acrylic? Its a nice hobby, I am still new to it, and have a lot to learn, but it is nice to create something isnt it?

I have dabbled in oil, acrylic, and water colors. I will paint on anythingā€¦lol Canvas, paper, wood, rocks just whatever!
My favorite is scratch board though. And yes! I love to create!

2 Likes

Those are great! What a great mental escape. I love the idea.

Yes, I feel that guilt too. Even on Memorial Day (a day off from work), I wanted to tick off some things Iā€™d like to get done and hubby had to say ā€œItā€™s a holiday. Come and sit outside and enjoy the day with your familyā€. So, I did. I still thought about the things I could get done while I was sitting there. But, Iā€™m glad I was just present for the family. The kids enjoyed having both of us there, just watching them play.

But, that ā€œto do listā€ weighs heavy when it starts to build up!

@ChickenLittle- sounds like you are very creative, and artistic. Wish I could claim the same but I am just starting to discover my artistic sidešŸ˜€

@jamie1888- I am glad your hubby convinced you to stop and relax, I think we need a partner who encourages that. I guess the to do list is always there, hopefully we can find a balance between enjoying ourselves and getting what needs to be done, done. Not sure if men feel the same pressure.

IN OTHER NEWS

Hubby at second job interview. I donā€™t think he really wants this job but it has been almost a month and I might argue if he decides not to take it.(if it is offered). Hours at my job(s) are drying up, so thats not good.

Gonna take our daughter to vote for the first time today.

40 minutes foam rolling Is it normal to have muscle twinges/shaking after rolling???

Also got off nights this morning, only slept 5 hours, so workout tomorrow when I have more energy.

6 Likes

Friday
Press Day-Cycle Four-Week 3-5/3/1

OHP
1x5-45 lbs
1x5-55 lbs
1x3- 60 lbs
1x8-65 lbs

Bent over rows
3x12- 65 lbs

Chins (unassisted)
3x2 :rage: S/S

Dips (unassisted)
3x5

An old injury is starting to come back to haunt me. I used to be heavy into gymnastics, developed calcium cysts in my wrists, which took years to go away. Found the heavier I got on bench etcā€¦the more my wrists hurt (years ago). They have not bothered me much this go around, but hurt some today during press/dips. They also hurt during knitting, stupid 5ā€ wrists!

Sunday

Squats-Cycle Four/Week 3-5/3/1

Squats
1x5-95 lb warm up
1x5-115 lbs
1x3-135 lbs
1x8- 140 lbs

Sumo
3x8-140 lbs

Bulgarian split squats
3x10 S/S

Laying Leg Raises
3x10 (+ 10 lbs)

Sumo is bugging my lower back.

Going to skip deload week and get right into cycle 5. All the time off when I was working a ton was enough deload for me.

Totally gonna watch 2018 Worlds Strongest Man right now, itā€™sā€¦inspiring!

5 Likes

So it has been a true de-load week. Working a ton this week, and have not made it to the gym. One more shift on Sunday then some time off to focus back on lifting and myself for awhile.

I have been poking into some logs, just not a ton of time to post. Hope everybody is doing well!

11 Likes

@Frank_C
@mortdk
@I_Luc
@losthog
@The_Myth

Happy Fathers Day to the great dads who visit in here and are such excellent role models to their kids! Have a wonderful day!

7 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks! How are the wrists doing?

1 Like

Thank you LL :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good, thanks for asking. Maybe I was knitting too much, lol

1 Like

Thanks LL

Awesome!

1 Like

Bench Day-Cycle 5/Week 1-5/3/1

Bench
1x5-65 lbs
1x5-75 lbs
1x10-80 lbs (maybe rep pr)

Paused Flat Bench
3x8-65 lbs

Chins (unassisted)
1x4
1x3
1x2 Superset with:

Dips (unassisted)
3x6

BB Rows
3x8-95 lbs

Nice workout! Wrists bugged me at the start, but they started to get into it. Felt pretty strong on bench today :slight_smile:

Two weeks off, I am really hoping we hear news about a job for hubby today so I can legit, guilt free, have 2 weeks off without picking up shifts!

Younger daughter graduates today, older daughter graduates tomorrowā€¦I am old!!!

Seemed to have stayed a good weight despite eating pretty shitty the past week and not getting to the gym, but hell! the gyro, roti and schnitzel were delicious and well worth the calories!!!

10 Likes

Glad to see you getting back after it!

Solid work! Congrats on raising kids that finish what they start! :beers: hereā€™s to the job!

You should track all your weight reps on a piece of paper. Itā€™s very easy and nice to know what rep to do to beat a rep PR on a given weight.
But well done :slight_smile: [quote=ā€œlittlelee, post:680, topic:239057ā€]
Chins (unassisted)
1x4
1x3
1x2 Superset with:

Dips (unassisted)
3x6
[/quote]

And very well done.

@losthog thank youā€¦I am very happy to be back at it. I am also sooooo proud of my daughters. They will both graduate with honors!
I will be having a big drink of something if my hubby gets good news today!!!

@mortdk - I was thinking the same thing about keeping track. Bench was a rep pr tie, if I had known that I prob would have tried for one more rep! Maybe I will go theough my log and write my rep maxes down. Thanks for the idea.
And thanks, very happy with chins and dipsā€¦

3 Likes

Sending good vibes your way!

1 Like