Littlelee Lifting And Sleeping Log

This caused a considerable amount of stress in my marriage. Most financial gurus suggest having six months of expenses in savings. If we cut back just a little, this would have been easy. But it always seemed as if my wife was in a race to spend money as fast as possible.

2 Likes

Our stress now comes from not saving enough. It becomes addictive. I’m frustrated that we only put a couple hundred away after buying new appliances. I like seeing the savings account grow.

My brother passed in 2001. He was an ER doctor, Stanford grad, and a hard worker. He paid cash for his 2/1 home in Orlando, drove a 1999 Mazda Pickup truck that he paid cash for, cut his own hair.

When he passed at 39 years old, he was worth over $5M.

I realize the irony.

4 Likes

Can’t predict the future but you’re a fool if you don’t plan for it.

It’s the same with working out. I could die as a very fit young man and people might think all the time and effort put into my lifestyle was a waste.

I think a short, quality life is still better than a long, miserable one.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah, this. He traveled the world - Asia, Europe, Hawaii. That was his vice. Lived like a pauper, traveled like a king.

He told me he wouldn’t make forty. Sadly, he was right.

That was young, must have been hard to the famlly.
Yeah there’s some irony, but I guess it was your brothers own choice.

But I’m in with @Frank_C on this. Don’t spend more than you earn, and save a little for bad times.

@Frank_C @mortdk @The_Myth @theonecamko

Thanks dad(s) for all the practical advice!! We are doing all right, making it through.

Not stressing about tomorrow because it’s not promised. Taking it day by day, knowing things could be, and have been, a lot worse. It’s been kinda nice having my hubby home, he is a good cook, taking care of the house, and enjoying some time off!!

4 Likes

Hey Mom it wasn’t meant for you, it was a message you could send to the girls, you’ve been through your rough times and come through. I’ll bet it didn’t happen without you two learning how to stretch the budget. That’s what should be passed on to the next generation. They really have bad economics, not all but a lot.

1 Like

Gotcha, I agree gramps :crazy_face: the younger generation has different priorities, gotta teach em responsibility.

1 Like

I joke but do appreciate the insight everyone

1 Like

I’m just a dad making a difference. You have a great attitude towards your situation and life in general, glad your family is doing well.

3 Likes

Thank you, that’s really nice of you to say!

So happy! Second of 2 days off in 9 days! I don’t know what to do with myself, but getting to the gym in a bit is part of my plans!

My daughter got into the University of her choice. I feel so bad. When I got home from work she was so excited. I started in with “you might have to stay home, this might not be an option”. Poor girl was on a high about getting in and I totally destroyed her happiness. After apologizing, and congratulating her, she told me her average will definitly earn her $3000 off tuition. If she raises her average a bit, her first year is free. She also may get some help from her grandparents.

The school is 6 hours away :frowning: but has an excellent nursing program, and she is soooo excited!

My younger daughter turns 14 on mothers day. She is a mini-me, and sadly she is only an inch shorter then me. I was really hoping she would be little like me, but alas, both of my children will be taller then me!

So off to the gym soon. I think the rest of my day will be a very lazy one!

9 Likes

Bench Day-Cycle Four-Week One-5/3/1

Bench
1x5-45 lbs
1x5-65 lbs
1x10-75 lbs

Pull Ups (unassisted, no hop)
3x3 superset with:

Dips (unassisted)
3x5

Flat DB Fly’s
3x10-20 lbs superset with:

Reverse DB Fly’s
3x8-25 lbs

Good workout. Felt good! Almost did cardio-crazy thoughts!!!

6 Likes

Congrats to the daughter, so great, it’s not everybody who gets the first choice.
You go find her a little something :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! She wants tea for her birthday!!!

In Other News! lazy day. 3 hour nap! It feels normal in here again, lifting and sleeping in one day.

Oh, and forgot to mention hubby has job interview, maybe two!

6 Likes

I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Deads-Cycle Four-Week One- 5/3/1

1x5 -135 lbs warm up
1x5 -155 lbs
1x5- 165 lbs
1x9-175 lbs

Good mornings
3x8- 105 lbs
Superset with

3x 1 minute planks.

Quick workout. I am going into 2 night shifts, so made it quick to come home, eat, and sleep.

Looked rather vascular
why or why don’t people look vascular? I am purposely dehydrated today so I can sleep. Kinda cool though :slight_smile:

Off for a nap PR soon!!!

5 Likes

I happen to love vascularity. I would take vascularity over mass - to a certain extent.

Cardiovascular fitness, combined with low body fat, contributes to vascularity.