Little Time and Terrible Situation

[quote]Rock978 wrote:

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
You are a big dude when you get around to cutting if thats in your future you will be beastly.[/quote]

Cutting weight will make him beastly? Please, do explain.

UF is already a beast for his age. Cutting won’t help in that regard, at all.[/quote]

I do believe he is saying I would do some pretty impressive numbers for being littler weight. Could be wrong.

Yeah I envy his size it’s better IMO to be that big for weightlifting purposes. Exactly he will be able to keep most of his strength when he drops weight which will allow him to crush people in juniors pl meets for his age I would assume because he is strong already. Yes he is a beast I agree man I want this guy to keep lifting the more strong guys lifting in the world the better. I wish I was that size I loved watching strongman comps as an adolescent and this guy is alot closer to being at that level than myself. Lol, so It would be cool if he continues on with training because he has a good future ahead in lifting. As he stated he wants to loose a bit which will help for athletic reasons.

When I was around his age I just began lifting, and learning about eating properly as well. Prior to that you don’t really understand or care about nutrition I drank pepsi daily and ate non stop carbs, I still eat alot of carbs but understanding nutrition is a big part of being healthy, I more so would like to hear that youngings are listening to sound advice on training and nutrition. Yeah I would run 531 the same style i started training with, with one day of complexes or conditioning, the more agile you are the easier your day to day life is, lifting alone made sports I played alot easier. I also meant in the future not anytime \ soon I would never tell a kid to go loose weight I’m talking in terms of years, and by beastly I mean when you can see someone’s muscle and they were bigger then loose weight they look even bigger, some people say I look around 190 to 200 ish now but I weigh 170. With his body type he will keep muscle on easier than someone with my body type and he will look freaking scary when he does that in the future not anytime soon though its good to keep going with the strength ,do one goal at a time and follow through man never quit something half way through stick to working to your goals The feeling of achieving what you set out to do can not be replicated. Keep a log as well.

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
Yeah I envy his size it’s better IMO to be that big for weightlifting purposes. Exactly he will be able to keep most of his strength when he drops weight which will allow him to crush people in juniors pl meets for his age I would assume because he is strong already. Yes he is a beast I agree man I want this guy to keep lifting the more strong guys lifting in the world the better. I wish I was that size I loved watching strongman comps as an adolescent and this guy is alot closer to being at that level than myself. Lol, so It would be cool if he continues on with training because he has a good future ahead in lifting. As he stated he wants to loose a bit which will help for athletic reasons.

When I was around his age I just began lifting, and learning about eating properly as well. Prior to that you don’t really understand or care about nutrition I drank pepsi daily and ate non stop carbs, I still eat alot of carbs but understanding nutrition is a big part of being healthy, I more so would like to hear that youngings are listening to sound advice on training and nutrition. Yeah I would run 531 the same style i started training with, with one day of complexes or conditioning, the more agile you are the easier your day to day life is, lifting alone made sports I played alot easier. I also meant in the future not anytime \ soon I would never tell a kid to go loose weight I’m talking in terms of years, and by beastly I mean when you can see someone’s muscle and they were bigger then loose weight they look even bigger, some people say I look around 190 to 200 ish now but I weigh 170. With his body type he will keep muscle on easier than someone with my body type and he will look freaking scary when he does that in the future not anytime soon though its good to keep going with the strength ,do one goal at a time and follow through man never quit something half way through stick to working to your goals The feeling of achieving what you set out to do can not be replicated. Keep a log as well.[/quote]

Thanks alot man. Means alot actually. Being cursed with fitness centers, and shit highschool gyms, getting kicked out of the weight room for dropping 35 pound weights from my knees. Gets really old and its really awesome to see people actually care about strength. I also get caleld a uselles fat ass all the time, but this makes me laugh because I know I’m better then these kids will ever be at something. I was thinking of making a log here on T-Nation but I’m not sure i can be that committed to something. A lot of responsibility keeping track of everything.

You should definitely be keeping a log, even if just for yourself. Just start with an excel spreadsheet and keep tabs of what you do in the gym each day. You can refine it as you progress and add more details, like notes on your diet, how you felt that day, things that went well in the main lift and stuff you need to focus on going forward, etc.

In a couple years from now (or 5 years, or 10+ years) it will be not only something fun to look back on, but a great learning tool to see what has worked well for you over the years and what hasn’t. Also a great way to keep yourself honest, and to start planning your training sessions in the days and weeks to come.

Don’t worry about cutting, and don’t worry about the idiots who have no idea what strength actually looks like. Just stay focused on getting strong as hell – you’re already well on your way in that regard.

I just read most some of heavytriples and I think once I start going to an actual gym that is about 45 mins away I start a log here. Seems like a lot of fun to do. Also, the only reason I would cut down a litle weight after track season is, my knee has a slight ligament tear that doesn’t bother me at all but I don"t want surgery and be out for a month or so, nor do i have the money. So if i hit 300 pounds like my goal is then ill shed a few pounds just to keep a healthier walking weight until I do decide to get the surgery which would be sometime after I graduate.