Little Things That Make You Happy

I’m not going to go into why, but basically i’m having a pretty shitty week. Today I was angry, bitter I suppose, but putting it to good use… getting a lot of shit done actually.

Well I’m in the kitchen making a key lime pie cause i’m hungry. and my doorbell rings.

its my next door neighbor

“Hey you still liftin weights?”

“Uh, yea…”

“well we were havin a garage sale and I was selling some of my old plates and stuff… but i remembered that i always see you working out in the garage i figured I’d save 'em for the kid next door”

“Wow. Thanks man. I really appreciate that”

walking away “No problem come pick them up whenever you’re ready!”

reading over this again, i know that its not going to make sense to anybody. I mean its a small gesture and really im doing him a favor taking the shit off his hands. "So some old dude gives you his old junk, so what? "

I guess its just one of those things, if i have to explain it you wouldn’t understand. But I figure the ironheads here would get what it means for someone to think of your first when they think of weights.

Anyway it put a smile on my face.

Would have been better if it was me getting the freebie. I can relate to the change of head space. It’s good karma to do nice things for others, don’t forget to pass it on!

I totally understand this. Especially since I’m rebuilding my set up right now, and I realize how expensive this crap is new.

And, of course, it is nice that someone thinks of you.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
I’m not going to go into why, but basically i’m having a pretty shitty week. Today I was angry, bitter I suppose, but putting it to good use… getting a lot of shit done actually.

Well I’m in the kitchen making a key lime pie cause i’m hungry. and my doorbell rings.

“Uh, yea…”

“well we were havin a garage sale and I was selling some of my old plates and stuff… but i remembered that i always see you working out in the garage i figured I’d save 'em for the kid next door”

reading over this again, i know that its not going to make sense to anybody. I mean its a small gesture and really im doing him a favor taking the shit off his hands. "So some old dude gives you his old junk, so what? "

I guess its just one of those things, if i have to explain it you wouldn’t understand. But I figure the ironheads here would get what it means for someone to think of your first when they think of weights.

anyway it put a smile on my face.[/quote]

Yeah, I totally get it. It has more meaning than what’s on the surface.

He made your day, and it feels good like that.
You had it coming I’m sure.

Life can throw you a curve in any direction, that’s what makes it so beautiful and rewarding when you most need it sometimes.

ToneBone

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

“Uh, yea…”

anyway it put a smile on my face.[/quote]

Reading it over, it makes perfect sense. No need for multiple paragraphs of explication when recounting the short pleasant conversation did the trick. Thanks for sharing.