T Nation

Little Help with Performance and Leaning...

Hi everybody,

I am asking for help. I’m over weight and want to get skinnier. I’m about 30% body fat at the moment. I am a professional tennis player (=competition, tennis practice, training etc).

My body responds exceptionally well to no-carb diets (as I call them). Daily carbs at 30g max.

The only problem is that I feel weak, with little or no energy left to train. Which is a challenge for me. Won’t mention my mood.

What would be the best approach to this? Do I tough the first few weeks out and hopefully get fat adapted afterwards?

I do want get lean as fast as possible.

Thank you in advance.

Obviously lowcarb will get the best results if you respond well to it. But since you are a professional tennis player you will have to decide if it is worth having poor training sessions for a few weeks to reach your goal leanness slightly faster.

I’d go the easy way out and have some carbs, but I’m kinda weak minded and don’t like being in a bad mood.

What’s your diet like currently? There are lots of little things that you may be able to tweak to lose weight without going the low carb route, especially if you’re at 30% body fat.

[quote]ninjaboy wrote:
What’s your diet like currently? There are lots of little things that you may be able to tweak to lose weight without going the low carb route, especially if you’re at 30% body fat.[/quote]

You’re completely right, both of you. My current diet is not good. Too much junk food and too little proper food.

I like drastic changes you see. I’m not too good with slow yet consistent approach. What we resist we need to do most they say.

I might go for the middle way. Cut the junk out first, put more real food in, and increase G-flux to begin with. Keep it fat/protein on off days and only add carbs after a work out/match.

I’ll come back in a few weeks to let you know how I’ve progressed.

thank you for your help.