Listen To My Body?

Hi again T-Nation. I am a newb, see attached picture.

Since I have started lifting I have made a few observations:

I need to train shoulders at least twice a week otherwise they start to feel like ive injured them and I’m forced to stop mid set

My back seems to develop better if I do a few sets of pullups every workout (I train 4x week)

I get mad DOMS in my legs if I do squats the day after deadlifts

Anyone had similar findings to me and should I go ahead and impliment the following things or does anyone advise against it?

Thanks all
-IrishOak

1. You should be training shoulders at least 2x a week as a newb?

2. You should be training your back a lot (Look at Wendler, he does like 100 chins EVERY session). It will develop better with higher frequency as you have noticed as a newb as well, guaranteed.

3. Squatting the day after Deadlifting doesn’t sound very good. The DL works the same muscles. I mean I know some people do it, but honestly do what most routines do… which is Squat & DL in the same day, or have them on completely separate days like Monday Squat, Wed DL, Fri Squat or whatever…just an example.

[quote]Ethan7X wrote:

2. You should be training your back a lot (Look at Wendler, he does like 100 chins EVERY session). It will develop better with higher frequency as you have noticed as a newb as well, guaranteed.

3. Squatting the day after Deadlifting doesn’t sound very good. The DL works the same muscles. I mean I know some people do it, but honestly do what most routines do… which is Squat & DL in the same day, or have them on completely separate days like Monday Squat, Wed DL, Fri Squat or whatever…just an example.[/quote]
    thanks for your views brah, anyone else care to comment?

Twice now i have started getting this unusual, uphoric, light bodied type of feeling while training overhead press.

Makes you think about those guys you see in weightlifting competition where they put a huge weight over thier head and afterward jump around like they are at the insane asylum. Strong elation there. Would b cool to know what that is like .

[quote]IrishOak wrote:

[quote]Ethan7X wrote:

3. Squatting the day after Deadlifting doesn’t sound very good. The DL works the same muscles. I mean I know some people do it, but honestly do what most routines do… which is Squat & DL in the same day, or have them on completely separate days like Monday Squat, Wed DL, Fri Squat or whatever…just an example.[/quote]
    thanks for your views brah, anyone else care to comment?[/quote]

I agree with everything he said in its entirety.

Its good advice, you should listen to em

DL his your hammys/glutes pretty hard.

So if youre jumping Squats the next day, youre hitting the same stuff you just hit yesterday. And since alot of your muscle mass is in the lower body, you can definitely expect significant soreness.

and the frequency thing is a no brainer, which is why most programs for newbies have them hitting each muscle group 2-3x a week.