List of Best and Worst Protein Sources

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
While I expect no one to listen to me, overall health wise I have never felt better since eliminating animal products from my diet. Seeing as my goals aren’t as lofty as most here, I would certainly never advise a near vegetarian diet but I will say that I feel it would be beneficial to eliminate meat when other options are available. At least for a trial period of a month or so to see how the body reacts, I can guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised.[/quote]

We are omnivores. The healthiest natural diet includes meat.[/quote]

http://www.celestialhealing.net/physicalveg3.htm[/quote]

“Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding
Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding
Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding”

Humans don’t have sharp front teeth? Lemme bite you.

We have all types of teeth for eating all types of food. If we shouldn’t eat meat, why does it taste so good?

Paging Prof X, Paging Prof X.

Discussion on meat and teeth. Sir you are up. Take it away.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
While I expect no one to listen to me, overall health wise I have never felt better since eliminating animal products from my diet. Seeing as my goals aren’t as lofty as most here, I would certainly never advise a near vegetarian diet but I will say that I feel it would be beneficial to eliminate meat when other options are available. At least for a trial period of a month or so to see how the body reacts, I can guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised.[/quote]

I suppose if you enjoy the feeling of constant nauseau, weakness, anemia and minor hallucinations then yeah, I could see how eliminating animal products would make you feel great.[/quote]

Hmm symptoms I have never experienced that I could reasonably trace back to my nutritional profile. What a horrible idea it was to express my opinion…

[quote]roguevampire wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

We are omnivores. The healthiest natural diet includes meat.[/quote]

gorillas are the closest gene wise to us, yet they don’t eat meat at all. and they are among the most muscular strongest creatures on the planet. (on land)
[/quote]

Since Gorillas are not the closest to Humans gene-wise (that distinction goes to Chimps or Oranguatans), your entire premise is meaningless.

My really only argument to this is that we’ve as humans’ been hunting and eating meat for 1,000’s of years. Why would we all of sudden stop eating meat?

I for one try to avoid all the soy I can with exception to the whey protein. Gynocomastia can creep on you. Everything that is “vegan meat” is loaded with soy.

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

I suppose if you enjoy the feeling of constant nauseau, weakness, anemia and minor hallucinations then yeah, I could see how eliminating animal products would make you feel great.[/quote]

Hmm symptoms I have never experienced that I could reasonably trace back to my nutritional profile. What a horrible idea it was to express my opinion…[/quote]

You tried to say humans are herbivores and that it’s healthier to be vegetarian. Both of which aren’t matters of opinion and aren’t factually true.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

Hmm symptoms I have never experienced that I could reasonably trace back to my nutritional profile. What a horrible idea it was to express my opinion…[/quote]

You tried to say humans are herbivores and that it’s healthier to be vegetarian. Both of which aren’t matters of opinion and aren’t factually true.[/quote]

At no point did “I” say that. I posted that article based on some of the information found within it to be overlooked. If you were to look back to my original post, I state that I wouldn’t recommend a plant based diet for the majority of trainers on this site. I simply said, give it a try in small doses so you can make an informed opinion on your own.

here is the article that I was talking about:

it’s not a very short read but its very good IMO. The lady is a self proclaimed “feminist, globe trotting political scientist” (so that tells you a little something about this lady) but her experience with veganism is pretty interesting (3 years)

EDIT: she’s from Saudi Arabia not Egypt… but she’s an american citizen.

from the write up:

“She told me that while there are people who can be quite healthy on a vegan, or predominantly vegan, diet, there were many people who simply could not. After all, every human is biologically and physiologically different, she explained. I listened patiently, refuting her claims with the knowledge I’ve gleaned over the years. After all, I wasn’t just a regular vegan, I was a hardcore, self-righteous and oh so judgmental vegangelical. I never passed up an opportunity for some preaching. She was prepared. Just as patiently she explained how many of the ‘facts’ I was quoting were just plain wrong, or had been presented in a way that distorted the truth. It was horrifying and I almost passed out in her office because I was so worked up.”

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

You tried to say humans are herbivores and that it’s healthier to be vegetarian. Both of which aren’t matters of opinion and aren’t factually true.[/quote]

At no point did “I” say that. I posted that article based on some of the information found within it to be overlooked. If you were to look back to my original post, I state that I wouldn’t recommend a plant based diet for the majority of trainers on this site. I simply said, give it a try in small doses so you can make an informed opinion on your own.[/quote]

“I will say that I feel it would be beneficial to eliminate meat when other options are available”

"I can guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised. "

Then you posted an article to contradict my point that we are omnivores. If you weren’t saying we aren’t omnivores, why post it is response to my post?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

At no point did “I” say that. I posted that article based on some of the information found within it to be overlooked. If you were to look back to my original post, I state that I wouldn’t recommend a plant based diet for the majority of trainers on this site. I simply said, give it a try in small doses so you can make an informed opinion on your own.[/quote]

“I will say that I feel it would be beneficial to eliminate meat when other options are available”

"I can guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised. "

Then you posted an article to contradict my point that we are omnivores. If you weren’t saying we aren’t omnivores, why post it is response to my post?[/quote]

I apologize oh great one for trying to present an idea that runs counter to the norm in these parts. I won’t offend thee with my presence again.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Considering that Yahoo list is rating protein sources primarily on their environmental impact, there’s really no case to start attacking meat-free, or plant-focused/reduced-meat, diets.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Read “The Vegetarian Myth” and stop all this meatless nonsense[/quote]
Read “In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto” and stop all this vegetarian-bashing nonsense.

EDIT: To be fair though, I haven’t read The Vegetarian Myth, but I’ll put it on my to-get list.[/quote]

“In Defense of Food…” Is that Micheal Pollan? I’ve read excerpts as well as the Omnivore’s Dilemma". Good read as well.

I recommended “The Vegetarian Myth” because she not only debunks so many of the arguments vegans use, but she also offers sensible and reasonable alternatives to the way meat is farmed and produced today.

I respect vegans if their lifestyle choice is out of ethical concern for the well-being of animals. Not saying I agree with it, but I respect it. Having worked in high school at a pork slaughterhouse I am of the opinion that pigs DO suffer prior to and during slaughter.

It’s when a vegan takes the “health” standpoint that I start to cringe. I have yet to hear an even partially-valid argument as to how a vegan diet is inherently healthier than a balanced diet of meat, vegetables and fats, but I have an open mind and would love to hear one if it exists…

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

It goes from “expressing your opinion” into the realm of “stating something as fact” when you start citing sources backing up your opinion. When the source you cite is dubious at best, people start piling on.

Vegatarians are nancies.

Let’s not even rehash this again.

Fuck them and fuck that yahoo article.

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

I apologize oh great one for trying to present an idea that runs counter to the norm in these parts. I won’t offend thee with my presence again.[/quote]

Don’t get butthurt. You can have whatever opinion you want. Just like I can have an opinion on your opinion. We are all free to post what we want. You are chiding me for disagreeing with what you wrote, and in doing so you are doing exactly what you are getting mad at me for.

I don’t hold being a vegan against anyone. I think people doing it for ethical reasons is a fine thing. It’s the BS of “healthier” I’ll call people out on.

I have a friend who’s mom almost died because of the “healthy” vegan rhetoric. She’d had skin grafts that wouldn’t heal after a major surgery because of a meatless diet she got out of a health magazine. The open wounds ended up infected and led her to 2 more surgeries. After which the doctor told her she had to start eating meat again.

But go get all butthurt if you want about me expressing my take on the subject.

Trust me, not butthurt. I simply get defensive due to my lifestyle being under attack not only from this site but in the real world on a constant basis. I’ve given my reasons for adhering to such a life before, and while it does fall more on the side of ethics, I’ve been impressed by the positive health benefits I’ve saw for myself. Maybe that will change someday and I’ll die young, but for now it suits me and I’m quite content with living this way.

I think from now on it’s best if I remain out of these types of threads as it really does me no good. I enjoy the site and while I could live without interacting with the majority of it’s members, I won’t be going anywhere.

[quote]gregron wrote:
The “______ animal is super jacked and it never eats meat” is the lamest argument ever. [/quote]

Yea, well if a cheetah can run at 75 mph, clearly all I’ve got to do is train like the cheetah trains.

Which I think includes lying around a lot.

Sweet.

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
Trust me, not butthurt. I simply get defensive due to my lifestyle being under attack not only from this site but in the real world on a constant basis. I’ve given my reasons for adhering to such a life before, and while it does fall more on the side of ethics, I’ve been impressed by the positive health benefits I’ve saw for myself. Maybe that will change someday and I’ll die young, but for now it suits me and I’m quite content with living this way.

I think from now on it’s best if I remain out of these types of threads as it really does me no good. I enjoy the site and while I could live without interacting with the majority of it’s members, I won’t be going anywhere.[/quote]

Good for you (seriously). It takes a lot of will power to commit to your beliefs and ethics like that.

Just don’t go into a thread and claim humans aren’t omnivores and are better not eating meat. Stick to the more intellectually honest ethics, or how it makes you personally feel.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

I think from now on it’s best if I remain out of these types of threads as it really does me no good. I enjoy the site and while I could live without interacting with the majority of it’s members, I won’t be going anywhere.[/quote]

Good for you (seriously). It takes a lot of will power to commit to your beliefs and ethics like that.

Just don’t go into a thread and claim humans aren’t omnivores and are better not eating meat. Stick to the more intellectually honest ethics, or how it makes you personally feel.[/quote]

Will do, sir

Hey guys, according to the article, we can probably eat one egg a day and not die immediately! Yesssssss.