T Nation

Liquifying Your Nutrition

[quote]Wildman90 wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
My liquified diet for today:

Non protein/fat sources can vary at times.

12 ounces of beef
4 ounces of beef liver
1 can of Salmon including liquid and bones
8 whole boiled eggs
Raw spinach, broccoli, jalapeno peppers, beets, zucchini, garlic and onions
half cup of walnuts
3 tbsp flax meal
3 tbsp EVOO
1/4 cup of raw oats
1 twinlab vitamin and 1 twinlab mineral capsule each opened and poured in. (Hopefully superfood will be replacing this soon as I am favorably impressed by that product)

All in a jumbo Hamilton Beach food processor with enough water to make the consistency of about slightly chunky pudding. I do this every night stored in canning jars for 4 of my 6 meals the next day. The other 2 vary from solid meals based on chicken thighs, more beef, more eggs and so on except PWO shakes.

How does that acctually taste?

[/quote]

It tastes like new muscle. I don’t know how to describe it, it’s neither good or bad it’s just food. I doubt it would win me any culinary awards, but it’s convenient, dense and digestible. Carb load days are different.

[quote]Wildman90 wrote:
I prefere whole food but personaly i think that liquified foods like the breakfast you described would obsob better in the stomach, and why so many smple carbs in the morning are you lookin for an jump in the morning?[/quote]

I put them in the morning because I don’t eat any the rest of the day. I want SOME fruits at least, but I’m limiting all carbs to the morning or PWO.

Wow. Nice.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
It tastes like new muscle. I don’t know how to describe it, it’s neither good or bad it’s just food. I doubt it would win me any culinary awards, but it’s convenient, dense and digestible. Carb load days are different.[/quote]

You mean to tell us that was a serious post?

If you really do that, you’re the most hardcore mofo I know.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
It tastes like new muscle. I don’t know how to describe it, it’s neither good or bad it’s just food. I doubt it would win me any culinary awards, but it’s convenient, dense and digestible. Carb load days are different.

[/quote]

You mean you’ve never seen or heard of Trib’s famed Anabolic Glop? The real deal, man. The real deal.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1296825

I killed that food processor and had to get a bigger one. The recipes has evolved a bit since then too. It’s great for busy people because it takes literally a minute or 2 to slam spoon some of this and take some fish oil caps. It’s also very easy to digest.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
I killed that food processor and had to get a bigger one. The recipes has evolved a bit since then too. It’s great for busy people because it takes literally a minute or 2 to slam spoon some of this and take some fish oil caps. It’s also very easy to digest.[/quote]

I don’t want to be anywhere near you when the digestive process reaches its ultimate resting place.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
The V-Diet is a starvation diet. You eat no solid food, and you are severely restricted on calories.

It is the the same thing as the SlimFast diet, only you are Using Biotest products.

I think the V-Diet appeals to the lazy people because of the “fast” results, which is mainly water weight, and shrinking of the stomach.

There is no way to maintain muscle mass on this diet.

My statement isn’t that fucking bold. Other than those that hang out here, who the hell has ever even heard of this diet?

I prefer Berardi’s approach to nutrition, which shuns MRP’s in favor of…get this…real food. [/quote]

Trib wasn’t born with tastebuds…that’s why only explanation for that.

I have no prob with shakes, i just enjoy solid foods myself. I couldnt imagine trying to eat that meal posted earlier if it were solid though lol definately a shake only type meal.

[quote]CC wrote:
lixy wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

You mean you’ve never seen or heard of Trib’s famed Anabolic Glop? The real deal, man. The real deal.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1296825

[/quote]
It kinda looks like Guacamole mixed with some poo.

Anything can be gotten used to. That goes for you too Rainjack.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Anything can be gotten used to. That goes for you too Rainjack.[/quote]

Funny you should say that - as I just got a mouth full of braces installed, and the way the orthos have my mouth all jacked up, it is almost impossible to ea food that requires biting and excessive chewing.

I may try your shake idea, but I can promise you it will be sans liver.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Don’t get me wrong - I think the V-Diet is about the stupidest fucking thing to come down the pipes since the Slim-Fast diet.

[/quote]

I did the V diet a month or two after it first got posted on here, and I strongly agree. It was the most wreckless thing I’ve ever done to my training/physique.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

Funny you should say that - as I just got a mouth full of braces installed, and the way the orthos have my mouth all jacked up, it is almost impossible to ea food that requires biting and excessive chewing.

I may try your shake idea, but I can promise you it will be sans liver. [/quote]

No raw bloody liver?!?!?! That doesn’t count then ya wuss.

Anything can be run through the food processor nutrition intact and easily available.

Raw liver IS a nearly miraculous muscle food though. Even cooked it’s still good, but you lose some of the micros like that. In my glop I don’t even notice it. It’s just in there somewhere.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

I may try your shake idea, but I can promise you it will be sans liver.

No raw bloody liver?!?!?! That doesn’t count then ya wuss.

Anything can be run through the food processor nutrition intact and easily available.

Raw liver IS a nearly miraculous muscle food though. Even cooked it’s still good, but you lose some of the micros like that. In my glop I don’t even notice it. It’s just in there somewhere.[/quote]

Gross bro! Is it safe to eat raw liver? I love it cooked, but raw just sounds like some type of food poisoning waiting to happen. Or, as RainJack already pointed out in his own way, something you won’t wanna be near when it decides to come out.

Speaking of liver what is better, beef or calf liver? Any opinions on this

I’m sure there’s some increased risk and maybe I’ll be sorry one day, but I haven’t had any problems for th last years and a half 3 or so times a week. I like it cooked too. I never tried eating it raw by itself, but I don’t even notice it in the glop.

[quote]bad bowtie wrote:
Speaking of liver what is better, beef or calf liver? Any opinions on this[/quote]

I don’t know if there’s any significant difference. Somebody’s going to say that younger animals will have less crap stored in them, but from everything I’ve read the liver doesn’t store impurities that way and I’m willing to take the chance. Beef liver is practically designed by God specifically for building muscle if you look at it’s nutritional profile.

Not only that I can get it for 97 cents a pound and a little goes a long way. At some extreme point Vitamin A toxicity and maybe iron depending on what else you eat, can be a concern, but you just have to be sensible.

Ok thanks, i have been thinking about getting some too add a little variety in the meats i eat. I may just try both and see what i like the best.